The Football thread - the version that actually uses a ball and feet | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Football thread - the version that actually uses a ball and feet

USA vs Jamaica tonight @ 5:30 pm ET in the Gold Cup semifinals.

MLS may want to tighten up on those back passes :p

[video]http://cdn2.streamable.com/video/1a05.webm[/video]
Watched Man United Academy take apart San Jose, and FC Barcelona Reserves dissect LA last night. For those of us who are sometimes tempted to think MLS soccer is closing the gap to the European top leagues, well, there's still a gap and it's big.

(To be fair, it's not like their entire lineup was their reserves ;) )

pretty frantic transfer window all things considered. Man City are reportedly offering € 72 million for de Bruyne now. that's just insane.

USA vs Jamaica tonight @ 5:30 pm ET in the Gold Cup semifinals.
Jamaica has been one of the surprises this tournament for me. Always knew they had individual skill/athleticism, but they seem to be playing with much more structure and discipline now. Their back 4 is solid - and their speed on the attack can be frightening. They also have size and strength. If they play the way they have so far, this could be a very interesting match.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jamaica has been one of the surprises this tournament for me. Always knew they had individual skill/athleticism, but they seem to be playing with much more structure and discipline now. Their back 4 is solid - and their speed on the attack can be frightening. They also have size and strength. If they play the way the have so far, this could be a very interesting match.

They've always played us close and Jamaica has dramatically improved sine Schafer took over a few months ago. Up front for them, Barnes and Mattocks will make most of our players look like they are stuck in mud. Certainly should be an interesting and entertaining match.

Both Barnes and Mattocks scored, except it came on set pieces and not breaks like I thought might happen.

Hey Tim Howard, whenever your ready to come back from taking that sabbatical from the international game we could use you. Guzan sucks.

EPL may want to tighten up on those back passes. :up:

[video=youtube;_ZQNfqrnNQg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZQNfqrnNQg[/video]

Helluva a win for the Red Bulls in their 4-2 victory over Chelsea.

True true, you can even keep Chelsea!

And I hate that word, its not even the right abbreviation it should be BPL it is the Barclays Premier League :baghead:

CKe7qpgUcAAKs1b.jpg

The best manager/coach in all of sports has joined the tour

(and the inevitable Liverpool fans on every forum...
sir-alex-ferguson.jpg

And obviously you cant have a US tour game without the mandatory awkward NFL photos

CKlXzR3WwAA881X.jpg

CKklyFvWUAAufNo.jpg

CKjXCIyUsAI-voQ.jpg

Could be worse though like the time our former captain gary neville threw a pitch at a baseball game, don't like or watch baseball, but I imagine this could have been in the running for worse throw ever

[video=youtube;yInqoNBTLLQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yInqoNBTLLQ[/video]

Also, I know Schweinstieger played crap the other night (had a good debut though) but man its awesome seeing him in a United shirt

CKTAR-ZUAAAjgq4.jpg

Even though its in German the new advert that has been on constantly is cool
[video=youtube;O1lfyFWW8fI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1lfyFWW8fI[/video]
Beats are still overpriced tat though

In other news we could be close to signing Pedro from Barcelona to replace Di Maria which could be interesting. We play Barca at the weekend so things could proceed quickly soon

Also, I know Schweinstieger played crap the other night (had a good debut though) but man its awesome seeing him in a United shirt

CKTAR-ZUAAAjgq4.jpg

Even though its in German the new advert that has been on constantly is cool
[video=youtube;O1lfyFWW8fI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1lfyFWW8fI[/video]
Beats are still overpriced tat though

In other news we could be close to signing Pedro from Barcelona to replace Di Maria which could be interesting. We play Barca at the weekend so things could proceed quickly soon

it's painful to see Schweinsteiger in another jersey

it's painful to see Schweinsteiger in another jersey

Just wait til you see Muller when we pay €100 million for him next month :lol:

Nah I know there is way too much bavarian-spanish conflict for that one too happen, but I do reckon because of Guardiola he would fancy the move.

Vidal is a hell of a replacement ... we nearly signed him last year but apparently the medical staff worried about his ankle, I guess that is sorted now. Hell of a player

Just wait til you see Muller when we pay €100 million for him next month :lol:

Nah I know there is way too much bavarian-spanish conflict for that one too happen, but I do reckon because of Guardiola he would fancy the move.

Vidal is a hell of a replacement ... we nearly signed him last year but apparently the medical staff worried about his ankle, I guess that is sorted now. Hell of a player

i'm happy with Vidal, too. would have loved to see him sign on four years ago, but Vidal chose Turin back then and Leverkusen wasn't very inclined to let him change teams within the Bundesliga.

if Müller leaves as well, i'm burning down the stadium

Back
Top Bottom