The “For Real?” Files: Kenyan Drake | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The “For Real?” Files: Kenyan Drake

Is Kenyan Drake for real, and is he part of the young nucleus?

• Yes

Votes: 59 96.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 3.3%

• Total voters

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
900138522.jpg.0.jpg

The premise for this series is simple: we want to know who is in our “young nucleus”. Just like the nucleus of a cell (I know, all that biology you learned in high school in between blunt sessions has probably left your hippocampus by now), the “young nucleus” is the foundation. Today, we’ll vote on Kenyan Drake.
https://www.thephinsider.com/2018/2...er-breakdown-free-agency-draft-evaluation-nfl

I believe the talent is there along with injury issues, so I do not trust he can stay on the field. We were foolish for trading Ajayi for a low 4th and it should not have taken the departure of Ajayi for the emergence of Drake. Questionable coaching for that to be the case.

I believe the talent is there along with injury issues, so I do not trust he can stay on the field. We were foolish for trading Ajayi for a low 4th and it should not have taken the departure of Ajayi for the emergence of Drake. Questionable coaching for that to be the case.

He hasn’t been hurt in the pros yet.

I voted yes, IMO the hardest skill for a young RB is patience and trusting the OL to do their job. Drake already has that skill. Durability is the real only overriding concern.

Like his running style a lot. Love how he picks up the blitz. Underrated ability in a RB. Would be great to have a big bruiser to complement Drake...who the coaching staff wants on the team.

He seems to have a natural talent for the position, big, shifty and speed to burn. I want to see him play an entire season, that being said..............I think he is for real.

Damn it I voted before I saw this option! ****!
Happy Valentine’s Day, SUTTON. I’ll send some flowers to your wife since you’re probably too stupid to remember.

Loved Drake coming out of college and I still do. Baller!

EDITED: Would also be amazing to add Dion Lewis to the backfield and run 2 back sets with those guys. I would dare teams to blitz at that point.

Last edited:
He hasn’t been hurt in the pros yet.
Untrue he has been hurt every year. He was hurt this preseason and last year. His role last year was basically a kick off returner too.

He’s a player. Had some big plays his rookie year. Showed he can carry the load this year. Still need another back to compliment. The two teams in the SB this year used RB by committee. Believe we need to do the same. I want a pounder for short yardage and late game clock burn.

Huge yes from me. I always could see since he got to Miami that he could be homerun at anytime type running back, with very good hands to catch passes out of the backfield, and thought he could be a very good complement on 3rd down for Ajayi.

But now, after trading Ajayi, Drake has proven to be a better blocker, while more consistent (rarely caught behind the LOS) then Ajayi. If Drake can continue to play, like he did 2017, he is without doubt a more, complete, and consistent RB then Ajayi.

What? Lol! Ajayi is that you?

Back
Top Bottom