The Game Plan | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Game Plan

delpiero1192

Active Roster
Reaction score
Alright, so i'm here at work right now and bored out of my mind, so i'm off to writing my 5th post all time. lol

I check this site out everyday, and the main thing everyone is talking about is Free Agency, so I decided to share my thoughts considering I'm at boiling point with this team and what Cameron, Saban and Mueller have done to this organization.

First off, before I go into my free agent wish list I would like to talk more about the game plan of this team, and what I believe Parcell's is planning on doing.

So Zach Thomas has been cut today, and leaves a lot of people in shock. Him playing anymore seasons for us would of prevented us from ever rebuilding around him, because we would rely on him for Defense considering his age and concussion problems, prevent him from possibily ever winning a superbowl, since we owe him that much. We of course all wish him the best, but we must part ways and look at rebuilding for a long future.

The cuts of the 9 guys including Green and Booker were no surprise to anyone, if anything a gift from the Lord himself. Booker has shown nothing but a poor performace and I still question till this day why we traded Oguneleye for him. Trent Green getting a concusion just gave me a smile to my face, because of how stupid Cameron was to even trade a draft pick for him. Also, cutting Culpepper last season was extremly unnecessary, regardless of how much you hate him. Saban had rushed him into playing, he did, got hurt, and what do you know, got cut. As I remember when Culpepper was signed to Miami, everyone was going nuts, including the media, because we finally had the best quarterback since Marino land to us. But of course, it didn't work out a long with everything else that happens to this organization.

Trading Chambers for a 2nd round draft pick was a steal, as he was worth no more than a 4th to any team in the NFL. So that pick better be used for a key starting position.

Now moving onto a game plan and what we need. Lets start with a list of positions that need MAJOR depth first and more importantly. And when I put FA, that means this is where we solve that position through FrEE AGENCY.

In Order:

LB (all garbage now, including Joey Porter and his awful performance last year)We need 1 Free Agent LB's and draft 1 LB.

S (Jason Allen is a complete Bust) FA

CB (Needs Depth bad) Will Allen is the only good CB. FA

DT (we need Young, Fast, and Aggresive DT's coming from the draft) draft 2 DT's

OL ( Need experience on O-Line for now to save some time for Beck) FA

DE- Jason Taylor is getting traded, face it. If we get a first day pick for JT, we draft a DE early.

WR- Ted Ginn over Brady Quinn was the worth draft pick ever. Regardless if Quinn turns into a bust, you don't have a TOP 2 QB land in your lap, and don't draft him. At WR, is where we trade our 2nd round pick and a 5th rounder to Detroit for Roy Williams, to fix up or passing game.

TE- Need at least one recieving TE that has agility, and great hands.

QB- I'll leave it at this. We sign Culpepper back considering he wouldn't mind getting another shot in a aqua jersey. After that performace he had against us with Oakland, I think he deserves a 1 year contract to see what he's got lol

This free agency, we can't be greedy cuz we have like 50 mil in space, we have 2 be cautious on how we spend our money and how we can build depth at numberous positions.

MY GO GET EM LIST FOR FREE AGENCY IN ORDER BY POSITION:

DE:Jared Allen (if we don't we draft a DE)

DT: Albert Haynesworth (if we don't, we draft a DT)

LB: Terrell Suggs, Karlos Dansby, Lance Briggs(don't want him here), Kawika Mitchell, Demorrio Williams, Na'il Diggs. (look to see at least 2 from the list in Miami next year) Draft 1 rookie LB

CB: Marcus Trufant (cheaper), Asante Saumel, Drayton Florence, Domonique Foxworth.

S: Ken Hamlin, Gibril Wilson. (if none of these, we draft S)

QB: Daunte Culpeper, Rex Grossman (if none of these, we don't draft a QB, we try Beck out another year and if he's garbage, he's gone)

TE: Jeremy Stevens (the only valuable TE in FA with speed and hands)

WR: Bryant Johnson, Jerry Porter, Andre Davis, DJ Hackett or Justin Gage. If none of these, we wait till next years FA and Draft for WRS. (We need 1 of these plus the option of trading for Roy Williams)

OL: Alan Faneca, Ryan Lilja, Larry Allen(for 1 year), Flozell Adams, Max Starks, Jordan Cross, Sean Locklear.( we need at least 2 of these men this year) or else we have no choice but to draft to protect Beck.

There it is, Game Plan of the Miami Dolphins. Let me know what you guys think.

ok you should rethink this first off jason allen is not a bust he is playing alot better and is growing as a player second jason taylor probly is not going anywhere third chris chambers trade was not a steal yeah ill admit it was a good trade but he was well worth a 2nd round pick if we had a good qb he wouldnt have had alot more pro bowls

- Joey Porter played fine the second half of the season. From the Giants game on i think he may have been one of our more reliable defenders by the end of the season.

- Jason Allen the same thing holds true. It's hard for a guy to play in a secondary that is changing every week because of injuries and cuts. He played well later on also, hard for me to call him a "bust". Granted i had higher expectations than what he's given us in his first two seasons.

- Will Allen is a good tackler. I think he'd be a better number two alongside a play making number one like an Asante Samuel or a Trufant. But Allen was a nice player at times for us last year which was MORE than i had expected out of him.

- I'm tired of hearing about Quinn over Ginn. Brady Quinn has yet to play a down in Cleveland, so before we annoint him savior of the universe and the perfect pick for the Dolphins, why dont we give Ted Ginn a chance to play with a QB who knows how to play and a coach who knows how to use him in an offense. I wanted Quinn at the time too, but Ginn's speed has given me reason to believe he'll be a very exciting and solid player on this team once we actually get players around him.

- I too would trade Jason Taylor for a 2nd round pick or higher.

- I have no desire to see any of the QB's, WR's or TE (Stevens) you suggested end up in Miami. They are all either over rated or just not good. I'd rather fill in holes at those positions through the draft.

Alright, so i'm here at work right now and bored out of my mind, so i'm off to writing my 5th post all time. lol

I check this site out everyday, and the main thing everyone is talking about is Free Agency, so I decided to share my thoughts considering I'm at boiling point with this team and what Cameron, Saban and Mueller have done to this organization.

First off, before I go into my free agent wish list I would like to talk more about the game plan of this team, and what I believe Parcell's is planning on doing.

So Zach Thomas has been cut today, and leaves a lot of people in shock. Him playing anymore seasons for us would of prevented us from ever rebuilding around him, because we would rely on him for Defense considering his age and concussion problems, prevent him from possibily ever winning a superbowl, since we owe him that much. We of course all wish him the best, but we must part ways and look at rebuilding for a long future.

The cuts of the 9 guys including Green and Booker were no surprise to anyone, if anything a gift from the Lord himself. Booker has shown nothing but a poor performace and I still question till this day why we traded Oguneleye for him. Trent Green getting a concusion just gave me a smile to my face, because of how stupid Cameron was to even trade a draft pick for him. Also, cutting Culpepper last season was extremly unnecessary, regardless of how much you hate him. Saban had rushed him into playing, he did, got hurt, and what do you know, got cut. As I remember when Culpepper was signed to Miami, everyone was going nuts, including the media, because we finally had the best quarterback since Marino land to us. But of course, it didn't work out a long with everything else that happens to this organization.

Trading Chambers for a 2nd round draft pick was a steal, as he was worth no more than a 4th to any team in the NFL. So that pick better be used for a key starting position.

Now moving onto a game plan and what we need. Lets start with a list of positions that need MAJOR depth first and more importantly. And when I put FA, that means this is where we solve that position through FrEE AGENCY.

In Order:

LB (all garbage now, including Joey Porter and his awful performance last year)We need 1 Free Agent LB's and draft 1 LB.

DE- Jason Taylor is getting traded, face it. If we get a first day pick for JT, we draft a DE early.

WR- Ted Ginn over Brady Quinn was the worth draft pick ever. Regardless if Quinn turns into a bust, you don't have a TOP 2 QB land in your lap, and don't draft him. At WR, is where we trade our 2nd round pick and a 5th rounder to Detroit for Roy Williams, to fix up or passing game.

QB- I'll leave it at this. We sign Culpepper back considering he wouldn't mind getting another shot in a aqua jersey. After that performace he had against us with Oakland, I think he deserves a 1 year contract to see what he's got lol

This free agency, we can't be greedy cuz we have like 50 mil in space, we have 2 be cautious on how we spend our money and how we can build depth at numberous positions.

LB: Terrell Suggs, Karlos Dansby, Lance Briggs(don't want him here), Kawika Mitchell, Demorrio Williams, Na'il Diggs. (look to see at least 2 from the list in Miami next year) Draft 1 rookie LB

CB: Marcus Trufant (cheaper), Asante Saumel, Drayton Florence, Domonique Foxworth.

QB: Daunte Culpeper, Rex Grossman (if none of these, we don't draft a QB, we try Beck out another year and if he's garbage, he's gone)

WR: Bryant Johnson, Jerry Porter, Andre Davis, DJ Hackett or Justin Gage. If none of these, we wait till next years FA and Draft for WRS. (We need 1 of these plus the option of trading for Roy Williams)

OL: Alan Faneca, Ryan Lilja, Larry Allen(for 1 year), Flozell Adams, Max Starks, Jordan Cross, Sean Locklear.( we need at least 2 of these men this year) or else we have no choice but to draft to protect Beck.

not been rude but you are way of mark, did you see who was on every tackle every our front seven got blown? Jason Allen. who was getting picks? Jason Allen

Joey played well once he got use to the system.

So even if Quinn turned out to be a bust and saying we should have drafted him makes no sense.

Spending a lot in free agency is not the way too go.(Linebacker/ Cornerback only). You should also go cheap on young guys with potential who never had a chance elsewhre.

In Order:

All these guys I bolded are either franchised, going to get franchised or going to sign a long term contract. so they are out of the question. Joey porter is a 3-4 LB and thrived in pittsburghs 3-4. JT will be another OLB too. FS Allen isnt a bust. started to play was at his normal position (FS). We shouldnt have moved him around from position to position. It delayed his growth as a player. we do need some LB in FA and i say we draft jonahan goof in the 3 or 4th. Bryant johnson is a must and a Wr in the draft too, someone like Hardy would be nice in the 2nd. Look for us to go after a veteran FA QB to mentor beck. Parcells like vets.

I don't post often either, but you obviously watched very little football this year. I couldn't disagree with your thoughts more.

Back
Top Bottom