The Goat's Second Mock Draft. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Goat's Second Mock Draft.

The Goat

Escape Goat
Club Member
Reaction score
Again, this assumes the signing of WR Greg Jennings, Jared Cook, Derek Cox and a veteran QB, and the re-signing of Reggie Bush and Randy Starks.

As far as I'm concerned, Hartline, Clemons, Fasano and Sean Smith can walk. I'd be amenable to a conversation about re-signing Fasano instead of Cook.

1) Cordarelle Patterson, WR, Tenessee. Totally fell in love with this kid because of the film. Risky? Somewhat. Raw, incredibly talented receiver.
2a) Eric Reid, FS, LSU. You can talk about Vaccaro and Elam and Rambo...but I think this is the best ball hawk in the draft.
2b) Datone Jones, DE, UCLA. Line him up across from Cam Wake. Let the good times roll.
3a) Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington.
3b) Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech. I absolutely love this kid.
4) Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU. Yes, the Honey Badger. Yes, really. At this point in the draft, the juice is worth the squeeze. You want playmakers? He's one.
5) Kiko Alonso, ILB, Oregon.
6) - Supplemental - Caleb Sturgis, K, Florida. For the Carpenter haters.
7) Marcus Lattimore, RB, South Carolina

Your thoughts are welcomed.

I would love to get Patterson and Patton. I think CK was the first one to talk about Patton and that kid can play. Patterson could become a superstar in this system, I really believe that. Don't think Trufant makes it to the 3rd round. He may end up at the end of round 1. Don't know enough about Jones, but hear he is moving up. Looks like an awesome draft to me.

I love taking a chance on Lattimore in the 7th. It was a nasty injury, but it is not without precedence that he will be able to come back and if he can return to his previous form we will have the steal of the draft.

Last edited by a moderator:
trufant and patton wont make it till the 3rd round. it would be a stretch if they both got out of the top half of the second round realistically. other than that, love the patterson and mathieu picks.

absolutely love your draft. problem is trufant is a first rounder after last week. same with poyer.

i tend to think more like this :
1. trufant (surprise)
2. robert woods
2b. datone
3. stedman bailey
3b. jonathan cyprein s

I like the players selected, but I believe Trufant and Patton will go sooner than you anticipate. Jones will be an excellent additon to our defensive line.

You have 1st rounders going into the bottom 3rd.

Also, we have an extra 4th comp, most likely :)

Again, this assumes the signing of WR Greg Jennings, Jared Cook, Derek Cox and a veteran QB, and the re-signing of Reggie Bush and Randy Starks.

As far as I'm concerned, Hartline, Clemons, Fasano and Sean Smith can walk. I'd be amenable to a conversation about re-signing Fasano instead of Cook.

1) Cordarelle Patterson, WR, Tenessee. Totally fell in love with this kid because of the film. Risky? Somewhat. Raw, incredibly talented receiver.
2a) Eric Reid, FS, LSU. You can talk about Vaccaro and Elam and Rambo...but I think this is the best ball hawk in the draft.
2b) Datone Jones, DE, UCLA. Line him up across from Cam Wake. Let the good times roll.
4) Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU. Yes, the Honey Badger. Yes, really. At this point in the draft, the juice is worth the squeeze. You want playmakers? He's one.

Patton with the second third rounder is extremely wishful thinking. Miami would be lucky to get him with their early number 2.

Trufant may have played himself into the first round this past week.

latimore mwill be gone by then

I´d retain Fasano over Cook, and do bachflips in a ledge if it went down like you have it, even though it´s incredibly optimistic!!

absolutely love your draft. problem is trufant is a first rounder after last week. same with poyer.

i tend to think more like this :
1. trufant (surprise)
2. robert woods
2b. datone
3. stedman bailey
3b. jonathan cyprein s
I agree that Trufant is a 1st rounder. If Miami targets him, they could trade down (probably twice) and get some more draft picks.

mocks full of wishful thinking...

Most mocks are. This one is no exception.

(Looks like there was a weird forum hiccup. Yes, hoos, this one is in 'la la land', as have been many others.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom