The hammer will be dropped | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The hammer will be dropped

rustydowell

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Next week the hammer will be dropped on tha pats. It will be Tom or Bill will be suspended for one year. Never though much would come of deflategate, but as I was watching the super bowl. Al Michaels twice made reference about everything is ok now. If everything was ok it would have came out last week, no harm no foul. This week will pass, and it will come out of no where early next week.

Vintage Ted Wells. He will not report anything that states the refs were not up to snuff because that makes the NFL look bad. He will not hammer the HC and QB directly. He WILL talk that the Pats were sloppy with their protocol.

Most of all he will make "suggestions" on what to do in the future so the playing field is level.

A compromised report.

The punishment will be a slap on the wrist and a kiss in the cheek by Goodell.

I originally thought the league would do the right thing but them delaying it as long as they could and the pats winning the SB make me think it will be swept under the rug. I'm personally debating if it is if I want to continue bothering with football, to many other things to be involved with rather than a sport that is only self serving and doesn't give a rats ars about ethics.

There is absolutely no way in hell that Tom Brady gets suspended for a year.

I know people think Goodell needs to react to prove some kind of point . . . . but you really think suspending the golden boy, a guy who has done nothing wrong in 15 years, over footballs that were slightly deflated, is going to go over well . . . . when guys have done so much more? Throw in the fact that there really is no direct proof that he had anything to do with it (outside of touching the footballs to know which ones he likes) and that could be more of a PR nightmare than anything else that happened this season.

You can fine and take away draft picks, but you aren't suspending Brady or Belichek for a year.

The League is going to need to look overseas to grow the product - the people on the fence in NA will likley leave those who can't imagine a life without FB will stay - the people who didn't watch will not turn to FB -

Yah this is slap the wrist kind of penalty - everyone who doesn't wtach the NFL can see that this is the Wide World of Wrestling

Vintage Ted Wells. He will not report anything that states the refs were not up to snuff because that makes the NFL look bad. He will not hammer the HC and QB directly. He WILL talk that the Pats were sloppy with their protocol.

Most of all he will make "suggestions" on what to do in the future so the playing field is level.

A compromised report.

I don't see any punishment coming, unless they get an equipment guy to talk which they don't even wan't.

Like I have said before, they will take a 7th round pick away and then award them 3 comp picks in round 3. Goodell is in love with BB and brady and kraft

You mean to tell me that Brady didn't know the balls were deflated, a QB that throws balls every day, He knows they were under inflated, Like the coach going on National TV telling everyone that the weather caused the air to vary in the balls. Not one person asked the question , Why didn't the Colts ball loose 2 lbs of air and make this man out to be a liar he is. This kind of cheating has been done in every game they played in 2014. Like Brady he just didn't know, He had to ask someone to take air out of the balls , just the way he likes them. The NFL will do nothing to these people their just as bad .

There is no way the NFL will want to take the black eye that it would receive if the newly crowned NFL Champions are caught cheating. The patriots will be cleared. Probably what will happen is the equipment guy will be paid a large sum of money to fall on the sword and say that he acted on his own and only for the one game. Because its the patriots, ESPN and NFL Network will accept and report that story with no questions asked. Case closed, story goes away.

Back
Top Bottom