The hammer will be dropped | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The hammer will be dropped

There is absolutely no way in hell that Tom Brady gets suspended for a year.

I know people think Goodell needs to react to prove some kind of point . . . . but you really think suspending the golden boy, a guy who has done nothing wrong in 15 years, over footballs that were slightly deflated, is going to go over well . . . . when guys have done so much more? Throw in the fact that there really is no direct proof that he had anything to do with it (outside of touching the footballs to know which ones he likes) and that could be more of a PR nightmare than anything else that happened this season.

You can fine and take away draft picks, but you aren't suspending Brady or Belichek for a year.

First of all....Tom Brady was part of the organization busted for spygate.....he knew it and said nothing.

Second....the deflation of balls goes back to 2007...the fumble stats prove that, and it was the first year after he lobbied the NFL to have his own set of balls. Starting in 2007 he would have the opportunity to doctor his own balls....and again the stats are compelling it goes back that far........

So....tell me again about how clean his nose has been?

Last edited by a moderator:
I originally thought the league would do the right thing but them delaying it as long as they could and the pats winning the SB make me think it will be swept under the rug. I'm personally debating if it is if I want to continue bothering with football, to many other things to be involved with rather than a sport that is only self serving and doesn't give a rats ars about ethics.

So many of us feel this way after this debacle...I am debating whether or not I'm playing in the fantasy league next season & I am the Commissioner. I think its time to turn my attention elsewhere because there is no way they implicate Tainted Tom or his Coach. If I knew all this a decade ago I would have stopped following the NFL then...No way I give them another decade and more than I would watch wrestling. When you know Goodell & Kraft are BBF its all you need to see before tuning out.

I don't think so. The NFL just oversaw the Pats winning the Super Bowl. No way they screw them over after that. And as dabeast said I'm actually not excited as I usually am when headed into the draft season. I have watched the NBA look fixed for years and it seems in my opinion that the NFL has finally jumped on board. My interest in the NBA has decreased as the years have gone by and I'm starting to feel that way about football too.

Yep...this is the breaking point for me...I can certainly find more productive use of my time...they either get nailed for this or I'm out.

Even if there is video evidence of Tom Brady himself letting air out of the balls, Goodell will do nothing except maybe fine them and take away a draft pick. There are certain players that make the NFL a lot of money. Unfortunately, Brady is one of them.

I think a lot of you will be disappointed at the findings and final outcome. The highest rated Super Bowl is over and the NFL is not going to tarnish it by handing out significant infractions over a deflated football.

If they lose a certain percentage of fan base due to loss of integrity....they lose more money than Brady could ever make this league.

He is a player in the twighlight of his career who will probably never see another Superbowl....he is not more important than the game.

I think a lot of you will be disappointed at the findings and final outcome. The highest rated Super Bowl is over and the NFL is not going to tarnish it by handing out significant infractions over a deflated football.

I think you will be the one disapointed....but we will see.

If I'm wrong I'll sadly admit it as I boycott the NFL and never spend another dollar on it.

Next week the hammer will be dropped on tha pats. It will be Tom or Bill will be suspended for one year. Never though much would come of deflategate, but as I was watching the super bowl. Al Michaels twice made reference about everything is ok now. If everything was ok it would have came out last week, no harm no foul. This week will pass, and it will come out of no where early next week.

Nothing will happen. If they would suspend Belichick and/or Brady the NFL would have just mocked their own Super Bowl. The time for that was before the Super Bowl. The Pats will get off free or with minimal impact. Once again cheating and breaking the rules is celebrated and OK'd. And I will be done with NFL then as well.

But please do not channel crowd noise through speakers. The NFL is dropping the hammer right away on you.

Even if there is video evidence of Tom Brady himself letting air out of the balls, Goodell will do nothing except maybe fine them and take away a draft pick. There are certain players that make the NFL a lot of money. Unfortunately, Brady is one of them.

Goodell would probably be harder on the guy who recorded the video.

Goodell would probably be harder on the guy who recorded the video.

Absolutely.

The favoritism and protection that franchise receives is sickening. They consistently get favorable game schedules, don't get flagged on their critical plays while their opponents always get flagged on theirs.

Each little thing they get makes it easier for them to win games.

I think you will be the one disapointed....but we will see.

If I'm wrong I'll sadly admit it as I boycott the NFL and never spend another dollar on it.
Why would I be disappointed?

Ted Wells has probably been instructed to stretch this out for months until the public has lost interest and then come out with an inconclusive finding where the Pat get a warning. It's BS but that what i think will happen.

I'm willing to bet the Falcons get punished for pumping artifical noise into the stadium before the Pats do. IF the Pats get punished at all.

Back
Top Bottom