The infamous tuck rule revisted... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The infamous tuck rule revisted...

dolphans1

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
OMG guys/gals. this game is by far the worst officiating game I have witnessed as a Miami Dolphins fan.

How is it, Sam Bradford, who's being sacked and the ball is dislodged by a helmet is not a fumble....?

What ever happened to the rule that there has to be indisputable evidence to over turn a call on the field?

Even the Bradford's fumble over the top at the goal?

How does Sam have possession if the ball is moving around and is on a Dolphins players back, and in the end, he does not have it?

Then that other clear fumble recovery when that Ram's receiver clearly fumbles the ball (not a football move) ?

Just simply atrocious referring calls today.

We were lucky to come out with a win, the refs did everything to tip the table.

Sometimes I really feel the NFL has become similar to the Pro Wrestling League.

No integrity at all in clearly blown calls ruled on the field.

d-1

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a rule that has been kept on the books to solidify the Pats 2001 championship. There can be no other explanation.

I don't understand it.

Is it tied to betting and the point spread?

Bradford clearly fumbled and we would have iced the game twice.

What ever happened to the indisputable evidence rule to overturn a call ruled on the field?

I'm I that biased?

Bradford fumbled the ball.

d-1

Mad dog is absolutely correct. If you disagree, I will fight you

Terrible rule.
As the TV commentators said, " the rule should be changed".

The tuck rule just doesn't need to exist. It's rarely applied and it's one of those rules that just doesn't make sense to most football fans. Bradford fumbled the ball, plain and simple. No need to complicate the play with subtle nuanced interpretations of what the QB was attempting to do.

The overturn of the fumbled catch was just as horrendous call. He caught it and turned up field. Not to mention that it was called a fumble.

I don't have an issue with Bradford's TD. He did fumble the ball before it crossed the goal line but he reestablished possession. The ball was across the goal line before a Dolphin player ripped the ball out.

I believe the refs also made a mistake stopping the clock on Gibens nice one handed catch at the 45 sec mark. He caught he ball and landed inbounds while being touched by a defender.

This is one of those obscure rules that has never really been talked about much (except for the Raiders/Pats). I remember seeing Dan get hit in similar fashion a few times and that was always ruled a fumble.

worst reffed game i dunno I think that goes to last week. In the last 2 weeks Miami has gotten screwed on 5 reviews by the refs and we still won both games. The funny thing is last weeks head ref was the tuck rule ref and now this week the tuck rule goes against us. To me it is like Goddell told the refs try your best to screw the dolphins and never make calls go there way under the hood.

I don't understand it.

Is it tied to betting and the point spread?

Bradford clearly fumbled and we would have iced the game twice.

What ever happened to the indisputable evidence rule to overturn a call ruled on the field?

I'm I that biased?

Bradford fumbled the ball.

d-1
You're not biased. Here's the thing about the tuck rule: It's BS, it's callable, but NOT IN THIS CASE - because Bradford's left hand cradled the ball into the fumble. Cannot be ruled an incomplete pass if last point of contact was his left hand.

The reversed fumble was ridiculous, too. Revisit Nannee call? Jeez.

We will not catch a break 'til we break through.

Word to the wise: Jeff fisher is on the rules committee

Does the tuck rule apply when the QB gets both hands back on the ball? At that point I would consider forward motion complete. As far as the fumbled catch being ruled incomplete, I bet had his knee been down first they would have rule it a catch.

This is one of those obscure rules that has never really been talked about much (except for the Raiders/Pats). I remember seeing Dan get hit in similar fashion a few times and that was always ruled a fumble.

But here's the thing or my main issue. The only time that rule was ever applied was during that infamous Patriots - Raiders game, which in my opinion, the Raiders were the better team and that ridiculous call gave the Patriots a chance to tie the game and ultimately win it, had the call upheld the Raiders would have simply ran the clock out. This sort of absolute b.s. call has to be devastating to a teams history, let alone the integrity of the game. The Raiders clearly won that game against the Patriots, but the refs gave them a new life, so-to-speak.

In all my years of watching football, I had never heard of that call, ever being called, no sense then, but its been called 5X since then?

A tuck rule?

That's why I feel the NFL is tied to gambling because it makes no sense to me.

Why would you protect a QB trying to tuck it away anyway?

Why not protect a receiver or a running back catching a pass, or yet a defensive back making a pick and coughing it up?

I truly believe that NFL games are rigged to align with the point spread, I just cant prove it.

Also the bounty rule, during the infamous Cincy - Pitt playoff game when Carson Palmer and his team were hot, and Pitts defensive player deliberately rolled into Carson's knee (5 secs after play was blown dead), is a clear indication that bounty's existed, which for all intent and purpose, caused me to be banned from the D.D. forum when I raised the issue then, but which clearly proved my point today, that some teams play dirty and beyond the rules.

Why would USC be stripped of a title. when Bill Belichick was clearly caught cheating and yet still given the 16-0 regular season record?

When anyone can explain the above to me, I may respect the NFL again. But I truly believe the games are rigged to match the point spread on most games.

d-1

Not only that it seems half the times the play wasn't even able to be challenged. I can't imagine what this game will be like in 10 years. When are the refs going to get held accountable for bad calls?

Also, what consists of a football move these days? Does the player have to start actually gaining yardage? Yeesh.

Not only that it seems half the times the play wasn't even able to be challenged. I can't imagine what this game will be like in 10 years. When are the refs going to get held accountable for bad calls?

Also, what consists of a football move these days? Does the player have to start actually gaining yardage? Yeesh.

I agree, though we won this game, the refs clearly dictated a game were we could have simply iced, on those 3 turnovers and put the game away.

I may surrender the Bradford fumble at the goal, because it was ruled a TD on the field, but Sam clearly fumbled it over the top back of a Dolphin player and he totally lost possession once the play was blown dead, with a Dolphin player having it in the end.

It now becomes subjective, okay so give it to him (Sam), but those other 2 turnovers were clearly blown calls in my opinion.

d-1

Back
Top Bottom