The John Beck Saga or HOW BAD a Draft Pick was He? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The John Beck Saga or HOW BAD a Draft Pick was He?

Sundance Kid

Starter
Reaction score
The Ravens traded fourth-string quarterback John Beck to the Washington Redskins for cornerback Doug Dutch, who was on the Redskins' practice squad last season. This marks the first player trade between the regional rivals. Dutch, 24, is 5 feet 11, 199 pounds. He was undrafted coming out of Michigan in 2009 and was added to the Redskins' practice squad in November. This move adds depth to the Ravens' injury-filled cornerback group. The trade of Beck doesn't mean Troy Smith is guaranteed a spot on the team. There is still a chance that the Ravens will only keep two quarterbacks (Joe Flacco and Marc Bulger

So The Guy who Drafted him has now traded him for a guy who was Un-Drafted....How Nice?:crazy:

Talk about a poor evaluation of talent.

Everything's relative: don't forget that was the year of JaNormous Russell and Brady Queen too.

Everything's relative: don't forget that was the year of JaNormous Russell and Brady Queen too.

Good lord that 2007 QB class was bad. JaWalrus Russell, the ridiculously overrated Brady Quinn, "Captain Checkdown" Trent Edwards, Drew Stanton, and of course Becky.

The jury is still out on Kolb, but I have a feeling the Eagles made the right choice.

Good lord that 2007 QB class was bad. JaWalrus Russell, the ridiculously overrated Brady Quinn, "Captain Checkdown" Trent Edwards, Drew Stanton, and of course Becky.

The jury is still out on Kolb, but I have a feeling the Eagles made the right choice.

whats funny is everybody in the Raiders organization was telling Al Davis to take Calvin Johnson, and Davis wanted to but felt he absolutely had to get a QB. People just had Russell rated the highest (or he was just riding the momentum he got from showing off his arm against Notre Dame in a bowl game).

Even funnier is Todd McShay was the only one saying that the QB was pretty bad, and in any other year Brady Quinn would not be talked about as a potential first round pick.

And as bad as Beck was/is, I don't fully get it. I wasn't in love with him, but the consensus was he should be a solid starter (then you had guys like Jaws comparing him to Drew Brees, and a couple of our own draft gurus loved the guy)

If Donovan McNabb were my starting quarterback, I'd want better options at backup QB than Rex Grossman and John Beck.

Back
Top Bottom