The Kenny McKinley Memorial Thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Kenny McKinley Memorial Thread

RIP buddy. Wish he could have continued to see the light of life.. just couldn't find it.

sure, but whats that got to do with him? He was obviously a selfish and weak human being. I can feel for his friends and family.....him, not so much.

sure, but whats that got to do with him? He was obviously a selfish and weak human being. I can feel for his friends and family.....him, not so much.

yo bro, the dude passed away, can u show some respect and not say anything negative bout mckinley in this thread? Classless...

I know, I'm a sick and heartless *******, but I have 0 sympathy for folks who kill themselves.

I don't think a lot of people understand that suicide is a sickness. These people are not themselves at these times. I coach high school baseball and 1 of my kids killed himself a couple years after he graduated. During the time I coached him he was one of the best kids I had ever had the pleasure to coach. A++++ kid. His mom died in a freak accident and he suffered with this and other issues obviously. The mind is so complex that you can't imagine the directions it will lead. I coached his younger brother and he handled the circumstance so differently. To suggest that you don't have sympathy is ignorant. You need to understand the depth of this reality before you can really feel sympathy. The sad part is that someone can get so removed from the real self that they would be compelled to take such a drastic measure. That is were the sympathy lies. Life can be so cruel that someone can not be saved or led a different direction. RIP to another soul that was seriously ruined by this sad circumstance.

I don't think a lot of people understand that suicide is a sickness. These people are not themselves at these times. I coach high school baseball and 1 of my kids killed himself a couple years after he graduated. During the time I coached him he was one of the best kids I had ever had the pleasure to coach. A++++ kid. His mom died in a freak accident and he suffered with this and other issues obviously. The mind is so complex that you can't imagine the directions it will lead. I coached his younger brother and he handled the circumstance so differently. To suggest that you don't have sympathy is ignorant. You need to understand the depth of this reality before you can really feel sympathy. The sad part is that someone can get so removed from the real self that they would be compelled to take such a drastic measure. That is were the sympathy lies. Life can be so cruel that someone can not be saved or led a different direction. RIP to another soul that was seriously ruined by this sad circumstance.

well said bro

yo bro, the dude passed away, can u show some respect and not say anything negative bout mckinley in this thread? Classless...

there always has to be at least one.. Some people simply do not know when not to speak, or keep thier thoughts to themselves, unfortunately

Our minds probably couldn't grasp how many horrific tragedies are taking place in this world every single second. What connection does McKinley have to any of us that makes his suicide of unique importance? I'm not trying to be heartless and it's a terrible thing to have happen to his family. I'm just curious about the rationale behind a thread like this. Did any of you have any idea who he was before this?

some people are just classless...

Although I know what your saying I can't completely agree. I mean you don't know what the guy is feeling, the things he's thinking, and what he's been through. Maybe he had some kind of self esteem issue or whatever it may be, but the fact of the matter is he took the unfortunate path and maybe he felt like he didn't have any options left. And I am in no way endorsing this tragic event but I am just saying don't assume everyone who commits suicide is a coward because sometimes people cannot overcome certain bumps in the road without help.

some people are just classless...
The only response I have to that, pal, doesn't belong in a thread like this. And I already changed my post. This isn't a debate I feel like getting into.

I kinda have to agree with Armyfin here. He killed himself, he left a young son and a family behind during his selfish act. His family didn't deserve that and he acted selfishly. But my condolences to his family, my prayers go out to them.

Back
Top Bottom