The lawsuit will be against NFL not the Dolphins,hazing is a legal form of bullying. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The lawsuit will be against NFL not the Dolphins,hazing is a legal form of bullying.

Does the NFL know about hazing???????

Obviously but, how does that make it legal? Hell, they know about the draft, which is also illegal. It only is proven to be when someone brings it before a court.

I would GUARANTEE that there is some legal wordage in each team's charter about 'hazing' and or 'harassment'... From the NFL... That would hold them exempt (to an extent) from damages... Like colleges... Even when it is knowingly being practised...

Also I would think it would be hard to prove that the NFL governs, monitors or could be expected to know exactly what goes on in each and every team locker room... You would have to prove that the League was negligent... Like if Martin went to them and they ignored him... Which it doesn't look like what happened.

I think you would be hard pressed to drag the league into this and the easy target is the Phins as the 'employer'. But no question you are going to see a lot of new regulation by teams and owners to prevent this in the future... No matter what the outcome... There are going to be a lot of 'Jonathan Martin' rules put into place.

Next you'll have a player who wants a money grab to claim torture when they get an orange hair cut.

jordan.jpg

I'm sorry it's so hard to look outside the box.

If he was at wits end he should have had a sit down with the coach and the owner,he should have gone to Cogs and said enough is enough,and let some of the team mates know he had enough.

The coaches were the ones directing the harassment. Why would he feel if he went to them this would stop?

This is really basic stuff.

Love how people are blaming Martin for "what he should have done". How about Incognito just act like a professional? How about the coaches dont put the locker room headcase in charge of "toughing up" players? Again, just really really basic stuff.

Martin has no clue what he has done in his rocking the NFL with this non-sense.

Hazing is a legal form of bullying and the NFL allowed it to go on without any guidelines.This is a slippery slope but if there is a suit and the fact that Martin more than likely will never set foot on an NFL field again,will have no choice but to sue.

What team in their right mind would even consider a locker room cancer like Martin? So if you're going to sue,they say go after the biggest phish, no pun intended,

The NFL knows about the hazing and allows it to continue.They are at fault as much for not controlling or setting rules in place prior to this ever happening.

The NFL avoiding suit may have to step in and come up with a financial settlement for Martin and re-evaluate their policies.
It is up to Jonathan Martin who he wants to sue. And my guess is that it will be specifically, the Miami Dolphins.

I'm sorry it's so hard to look outside the box.

If he was at wits end he should have had a sit down with the coach and the owner,he should have gone to Cogs and said enough is enough,and let some of the team mates know he had enough.

I don't understand your comments.

First, you go off about how Martin is a sissy and then you say this. I don't think from what you've said in this thread that it would make a difference in your mind because he still would've been blabbing about things.

Say he did/does what you said and the Coaches/Players 'LOL' at him and don't do a damn thing so he is forced to go this route, then what? He's suddenly not 'weak' and becomes a great person in your eyes?

The NFL is a gladiator like league? Great. On the field of play, if he storms out in a huff, then I get your point. Anywhere else, its up for debate.

What ever happened to the days when you went outside and busted each others noses and then when back to what you were doing with a mutual respect for the other guy?

Martin has no clue what he has done in his rocking the NFL with this non-sense.

Hazing is a legal form of bullying and the NFL allowed it to go on without any guidelines.This is a slippery slope but if there is a suit and the fact that Martin more than likely will never set foot on an NFL field again,will have no choice but to sue.

What team in their right mind would even consider a locker room cancer like Martin? So if you're going to sue,they say go after the biggest phish, no pun intended,

The NFL knows about the hazing and allows it to continue.They are at fault as much for not controlling or setting rules in place prior to this ever happening.

The NFL avoiding suit may have to step in and come up with a financial settlement for Martin and re-evaluate their policies.

You are about as clueless as they come. Unless players from other teams claim the same thing, it is a Dolphins problem. Threatening your family is more than hazing. I think Icognito will be made an example of, regardless of his motives or reasoning. As long as Martin keeps to his story of how he says it happened Icognito is the culprit.

The coaches were the ones directing the harassment. Why would he feel if he went to them this would stop?

This is really basic stuff.

Love how people are blaming Martin for "what he should have done". How about Incognito just act like a professional? How about the coaches dont put the locker room headcase in charge of "toughing up" players? Again, just really really basic stuff.

In your opinion it was directing harassment,in football world it was the coaches wanting to harden the player.There are tons of players coming out that said it was done quite often to young players that were a little soft.Today on ESPN am ex raven player I forget who said he has done it a few times even as far back as college.

The problem with this is there's no exact way to toughen a player up.Players usually do what they think would work for them and in Martins case,Cogs was probably the worse person to do it.

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

You are about as clueless as they come. Unless players from other teams claim the same thing, it is a Dolphins problem. Threatening your family is more than hazing. I think Icognito will be made an example of, regardless of his motives or reasoning. As long as Martin keeps to his story of how he says it happened Icognito is the culprit.

Aw someone got their feelings hurt...boo hoo..

It's just your opinion and with only 50 percent of the info out there no one knows mr clueless police.

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

I don't understand your comments.

First, you go off about how Martin is a sissy and then you say this. I don't think from what you've said in this thread that it would make a difference in your mind because he still would've been blabbing about things.

Say he did/does what you said and the Coaches/Players 'LOL' at him and don't do a damn thing so he is forced to go this route, then what? He's suddenly not 'weak' and becomes a great person in your eyes?

The NFL is a gladiator like league? Great. On the field of play, if he storms out in a huff, then I get your point. Anywhere else, its up for debate.

Ricky quote was one of the best,"some people dont belong in football."

"The coaches were the ones directing the harassment. Why would he feel if he went to them this would stop?"

That's speculation and cannot be proven. Mike Pouncey denied it when asked about it. In the real world, if you went to work and the person in the cubicle sitting next to you starts making insulting and disparaging remarks- you would be expected to report this to your manager and/or HR department. The matter would be handled internally. Telling your boss everything is fine and then hiring a lawyer behind their back and filing a lawsuit are not the actions of a strong person in any world.

"The coaches were the ones directing the harassment. Why would he feel if he went to them this would stop?"

That's speculation and cannot be proven. Mike Pouncey denied it when asked about it. In the real world, if you went to work and the person in the cubicle sitting next to you starts making insulting and disparaging remarks- you would be expected to report this to your manager and/or HR department. The matter would be handled internally. Telling your boss everything is fine and then hiring a lawyer behind their back and filing a lawsuit are not the actions of a strong person in any world.

If you guys are going to call it harassment then every team in the nfl is guilty in some shape or form,they didnt say torture Martin just toughen him up.

People in the organization not only looked the other way, they encouraged and directed the harassment.

This is exactly what the court system is for.

That is quite possibly the dumbest comment I've ever heard. Philbin and company did not direct RI to use racial slurs and threaten Martin. They ask him to toughen him up. You can't be emotionally soft and play in the NFL. You can't cry to momma when an opposing defensive tackle calls you a name or says he's gonna sh*t down your throat.

Dude if you were picked on as a kid...sorry about that. Look at this situation objectively and not about your own past experiences

Why couldn't of Martin asked for a trade,change of scenery?????

Ricky Williams "When I wanted to leave the NFL I just left,I didnt need a scape goat"

If you guys are going to call it harassment then every team in the nfl is guilty in some shape or form,they didnt say torture Martin just toughen him up.

Yeah, it's not the fault of the coaches if someone takes things too far.

Back
Top Bottom