The Legal system has over turned the ruling by the NFL...!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Legal system has over turned the ruling by the NFL...!!

victacious

Scout Team
Reaction score
I know this is not Dolphin related.... But this is big news and a big win for the players! Roger has to be pissed.

Good for the players involved. Goodell is a biased piece of garbage. He has a double standard with any team that is NOT owned by his buddy Robert Kraft. Can anyone even imagine him suspending Bellicheck for anything, let alone an entire season?

Can you be more specific? Honest question here not being a smart ass...

You mean this???

[h=1]Saints player bounty suspensions overturned on appeal[/h]
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...erturned-on-appeal?module=HP11_headline_stack

The four players suspended by the NFL for their involvement in the New Orleans Saints' "bounty" program had their suspensions overturned by a collective bargaining agreement appeals panel Friday, NFL Players Association spokesman George Atallah said.

While the suspensions are vacated immediately, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell can go back and suspend the players if he proves there was an intent to injure. NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said all players are eligible to play, starting with this weekend, until Goodell does so.

"Consistent with the panel's decision, Commissioner Goodell will, as directed, make an expedited determination of the discipline imposed for violating the league's pay-for-performance/bounty rule," Aiello said in a statement. "Until that determination is made, the four players are reinstated and eligible to play starting this weekend."

If thats the case, that fraking sucks! I run a business, a small one but still.... If I find out some scheme is going on about injuring other employees and dont do crap about it. I WILL go to jail... Now you're telling me A freaking judge overruled this...? I mean WTF!? People need to be accountable FFS...

If thats the case, that fraking sucks! I run a business, a small one but still.... If I find out some scheme is going on about injuring other employees and dont do crap about it. I WILL go to jail... Now you're telling me A freaking judge overruled this...? I mean WTF!? People need to be accountable FFS...

Exactly.. Horrible ramifications.

Jeff Darlington ‏@JeffDarlington I hate to rain on Mardi Gras parade right now, but any notion that the Saints have been exonerated of wrongdoing is completely misleading.

So the players assn. is cool with the whole bounty program but whenever a retired player gets depressed and blows a hole in his head from an "alleged" concussion, thats not cool?

i guess you just keep appealing until they rule in your favor.

the nfl is being taking over by the players union. Its just crazy that goodell gives the union this much power. This is not good news for the nfl, basically your sending a message that you can cheat and get caught, and yet still get away with it because the union protects the players by any means necessary. Even if there cheaters. Disgusted.

memo to nfl players...don't get out of line...goodell is pissed ha ha

by the way maybe the saints now cut someone that we can poach and can help us...would be nice

Any business you run, there are rules to firing someone. If you dont follow those rules then you can be sued. The NFL is no different, thats why they have to have rules and contracts that both sides agree too. If Goodell doesnt not follow the contract that he sign with the players then he is at fault. Goodell fined them for reasons which he could not because of the contract he agreed too. When parties sign contracts, it goes for both sides. I cant make up stuff along the way. Goodell did not suspend Vilma or any Saints players for hurting anyone (he really does not have any proof). He suspended Vilma and others for paying for play, meaning that the players can not pay each other nothing for any performance good or bad. This reasoning for suspension was not legal for Goodell to rule on.

How would you feel if the company you worked for suspended you with no pay because a co worker told upper management you peed in the bathroom sink. Which what almost happened at my job, but because there was no proof that someone pissed in the sink and who did it other than hersay, they can not be fired eve if they believed it. Or what if you and a co worker made a bet on who can make the most sales, the loser has to buy the winner lunch.

What most companies would do is, find something else to fire you for like attendence or raising goals and expectations that you can not meet.

Back
Top Bottom