the Lions are listening to Offers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

the Lions are listening to Offers

#1dolphinsfan

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
the Lions are listening to offers to trade Roy Williams if they want to get Rid of him i would be more then happy to have him in a dolphins uniform we could give them our First round pick for there first round pick Roy Williams and Shaun Rogers i think that would be a Sweat Deal what do u guys think on if Roy Williams and Shaun Rogers is in a dolphins uniform next year

Here is the Link saying they will be listening to Offers
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=35

Ill swap picks and take R. Williams and Rogers in a heartbeat, we'd kill two birds with one stone and still be able to pick up a Legit LT or CB in the 1st round...cmon Bill and Jeff, call them! lol

I def think it would be a good trade for the team cuz we would be adding two solid players. We are in need at both positions and it would improve the team with the possibility of not giving up much for the two players. I feel that we would be able to get rogers and williams for less than it would take to get chad johnson.

the Lions are listening to offers to trade Roy Williams if they want to get Rid of him i would be more then happy to have him in a dolphins uniform we could give them our First round pick for there first round pick Roy Williams and Shaun Rogers i think that would be a Sweat Deal what do u guys think on if Roy Williams and Shaun Rogers is in a dolphins uniform next year

Here is the Link saying they will be listening to Offers
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=35
That is nowhere near fair value for our #1 IMO. Word was that the Lions were looking for a 2nd rounder for Williams (or a defensive player) and that Rogers might be released.

Using the Draft Value Chart as a reference (I said reference, not gospel) our #1 pick is worth 3000 points. The Lions 1st rounder only carries a value of 1000 points, leaving them 2000 points short. How do you assign a value to Williams, you ask? If they were looking for a 2nd rounder for Williams, you assign him the value of their 2nd rounder seeing that they are trading him to us in place of a 2nd round pick. Their 2nd rounder is worth 450 points, giving the Lions a total of 1,450 points and leaving them well short of fair value.

I would rather trade a player like Roth or Crowder for Rogers and sign Bryant Johnson via FA.

15th pick, Roy williams a numbr 1 WR, Rogers a NT....for the 1sT? hmm....why not but who does Detroit want in that spot? do they run a 4 3? go dorsey? or in need of McFad? who konws its Detroit loll

That is nowhere near fair value for our #1 IMO. Word was that the Lions were looking for a 2nd rounder for Williams (or a defensive player) and that Rogers might be released.

Using the Draft Value Chart as a reference (I said reference, not gospel) our #1 pick is worth 3000 points. The Lions 1st rounder only carries a value of 1000 points, leaving them 2000 points short. How do you assign a value to Williams, you ask? If they were looking for a 2nd rounder for Williams, you assign him the value of their 2nd rounder seeing that they are trading him to us in place of a 2nd round pick. Their 2nd rounder is worth 450 points, giving the Lions a total of 1,450 points and leaving them well short of fair value.

I would rather trade a player like Roth or Crowder for Rogers and sign Bryant Johnson via FA.

ya exactly. i wuodlnt give a 2nd for Roy tho, unless its our late 2nd. I really want that 32 pick its goin to be a good one due to lots of nice talent around that spot.

i would make the trade happen, but i understand your point like2god...i think that Roy Williams is a 1st Round talent at WR...and we'd still stay in prime territory for a good pick (Williams from Vandy or Cromartie), we'd also pick up a probowl caliber DT who is still young in Rogers...thats just my opinion...

By the looks of that link he comes on the cheap...obviously he would need a new contract, he is well worth #1 money, Rogers on the other hand "2008: $4.25 million (+ $1 million roster bonus due 3/2), 2009: $5.25 million, 2010: $7 million, 2011: Free Agent" I am ok with that, if Parcells likes him, he would be the key cog of the 3-4

de - roth/?
nt- rogers/ that 49er's free agent
de - holliday/?

olb - porter
ilb - crowder
ilb - ?
olb - taylor

Maybe draft gohlston with the lions pick, or that LB

IMO

Wow.

You guys are talking about pulling a trade with the worst GM in the four major sports, and you are already swinging the deal in THEIR favor?!?

A guy like Parcells could rob Millen blind! Williams and Rogers can be had for penuts if we really want them. Why give up our greatest asset (#1 overall) for pennies on the dollar? :err:

I'm glad there are at least SOME clear headed people here... :hi5:

i see the Lions picking...hm nope no WR's in the draft...maybe they convert mcfadden to wr?

I like that idea, in a "Sammie Smith for Bobby Humphrey" kind of way. At least we save our picks before taking a chance on someone else's disappointment.

If you take into account the economics of this thing it actually looks like a very good trade. You get Williams and and a mid 1st round pick. You get Williams who is owed about 1.6 million over the next 2 years plus a mid 1st rounder who is going to command @ 15 million in bonus $$$ for a total of about 17 million $$$$ you get a proven young starting WR and more than likely a player who is going to be starting by year 2 at the latest. Under your scenario you would have to give @ 30 million bonus $$$ to the first pick and more than likely about another 5 million in bonus to Bryant. So for about half of the money you basically get the same result. Who could we sign for that additional 17 mil by accepting the trade??? I would do it in a heart beat.

i would make the trade happen, but i understand your point like2god...i think that Roy Williams is a 1st Round talent at WR...and we'd still stay in prime territory for a good pick (Williams from Vandy or Cromartie), we'd also pick up a probowl caliber DT who is still young in Rogers...thats just my opinion...
I hear ya, but you have to break the trade down and look at what it would take to get those players in seperate deals. If the Lions are willing to accept a 2nd rounder for Williams, there is no reason to assign him 1st round value. Same with Rogers, if the Lions would trade him or outright release him, there's no reason to bump his value. And to be honest, Rogers is eating his way right out of the league at this point, his value is lower than what Williams would bring in return because of the weight, the knee injury and drug violation.

We are a poor team, all we have going for us is the #1 at this point. If we are going to trade our biggest asset, we better make sure we get fair value in return. ;)

Myles Fynch said:
I like that idea, in a "Sammie Smith for Bobby Humphrey" kind of way. At least we save our picks before taking a chance on someone else's disappointment.
I can't take credit for that idea, that goes to Boomer, KB or ck, I forget which one mentioned it. But I agree, we should be holding onto our draft picks and using them to bring young players to Miami.

15th pick, Roy williams a numbr 1 WR, Rogers a NT....for the 1sT? hmm....why not but who does Detroit want in that spot? do they run a 4 3? go dorsey? or in need of McFad? who konws its Detroit loll
They will most definitely be going with a WR. I would bet on Early Doucet. The Lions seem to want to stay as bottom feeders as they year after year have bad drafts, they probably dont even have any of the players that they draftd from 2000-04 on their roster. I mean come on how can you be that bad at drafting every year. I can only think of one other team that has consistently failed as miserably as them at drafting over the past decade. That team would be.......Dammit. It's us.

If you take into account the economics of this thing it actually looks like a very good trade. You get Williams and and a mid 1st round pick. You get Williams who is owed about 1.6 million over the next 2 years plus a mid 1st rounder who is going to command @ 15 million in bonus $$$ for a total of about 17 million $$$$ you get a proven young starting WR and more than likely a player who is going to be starting by year 2 at the latest. Under your scenario you would have to give @ 30 million bonus $$$ to the first pick and more than likely about another 5 million in bonus to Bryant. So for about half of the money you basically get the same result. Who could we sign for that additional 17 mil by accepting the trade??? I would do it in a heart beat.​
If I'm not mistaken, I think I read that Williams contract is up after next season, I could be wrong though. But expect him to look for a very lucrative extension before his contract is up, especially if he's traded.

Would you rather have Chris Long and Bryant Johnson or Williams and a player at #16? I have to go with Long/Johnson.

I'm not against moving down, I just think that we better get equal value and not let a team rape us of our biggest asset.

Back
Top Bottom