the Lions are listening to Offers | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

the Lions are listening to Offers

They will most definitely be going with a WR. I would bet on Early Doucet. The Lions seem to want to stay as bottom feeders as they year after year have bad drafts, they probably dont even have any of the players that they draftd from 2000-04 on their roster. I mean come on how can you be that bad at drafting every year. I can only think of one other team that has consistently failed as miserably as them at drafting over the past decade. That team would be.......Dammit. It's us.
The Lions will not go WR, they are looking to fix their defense this offseason.

I'd try to squeeze out another pick like their 2nd or 3rd. Their the ones who want to get rid of the players and we might be their best option.
Our 1st C.Crowder&T.Daniels&M.Roth for Detroits 1st, 2nd, R.Williams & S.Rogers.
They need lots of defensive help and I believe Ireland/Parcells will want to recycle a lot of people on our team.

Even giving our two seconds for both those players would accomplish exactly what you would want in the draft anyways.Players that step in right away and not only contribute but be impact players.You know what your getting with these guys and there's not a player you would draft in the second that is a forsure pick, let alone someone who can step in with the same impact.I'm only for this because of their ages are prime that we would be getting their best years instead of the past history of our trades getting guys in their tale ends of their careers.

Keep in mind, we have the first choice of players who are cut, Rogers may be cut, he would cost us nothing but extra salsbury steak at the cafeteria to claim off of waivers, but if the guy is 370+ and has a bum knee, we could save the Steak...

Roy Williams? Who was the last player picked up from the Lions who was any good at all? Mike Williams was last seen shoveling down the chow with the the Titans, what would make Roy Williams any different? He washed out with the Lions, and now he will come to Miami and all is well?

If we could trade one of our disappointments for one of the Lions disappointments straight up, we should hop on the deal, Channing or Roth for Williams would be a good deal for us, otherwise, pass.

Keep in mind, we have the first choice of players who are cut, Rogers may be cut, he would cost us nothing but extra salsbury steak at the cafeteria to claim off of waivers, but if the guy is 370+ and has a bum knee, we could save the Steak...

Roy Williams? Who was the last player picked up from the Lions who was any good at all? Mike Williams was last seen shoveling down the chow with the the Titans, what would make Roy Williams any different? He washed out with the Lions, and now he will come to Miami and all is well?

If we could trade one of our disappointments for one of the Lions disappointments straight up, we should hop on the deal, Channing or Roth for Williams would be a good deal for us, otherwise, pass.

Please don't compare Roy Williams to Mike Williams. Roy Williams is infinitely better.....

Please don't compare Roy Williams to Mike Williams. Roy Williams is infinitely better.....

Maybe we could have the Lions throw in Carlos Rogers as well.....:wink:

i disagree the trade for the top pick... second rounders maybe, but not #1 how strong that pick can be for us!

You mean Shaun Rogers? I wouldn't be against that.

No, I meant to refer to Charles Rogers:

He was drafted second overall after Carson Palmer in the 2003 NFL Draft by the Detroit Lions, one selection ahead of two-time Pro Bowl WR Andre Johnson.
Rogers caught 22 passes for 243 yards and three touchdowns during his first five games of the 2003 season, before breaking his collarbone while practicing a speed drill with Dré Bly, leaving him out for the season. He was expected to come back, however, in the third play of the 2004 regular season, Rogers suffered another broken collarbone, and was once again out for the season. Injuries would prove to derail his career.
During the 2005 season, Rogers was suspended 4 games for a third violation of the NFL's substance abuse policy. As a result of this violation, the Lions filed a grievance, claiming that his drug suspension violated a clause in his contract, which would mean Rogers would be obligated to return $10 million of the $14.2 million the Lions gave him in bonuses. The grievance is still pending.
Upon his return from suspension, despite the fact that Rogers was deemed healthy, he played only nine games, with three starts, and was declared inactive for four games. He caught 14 passes for 197 yards and a touchdown.
On September 2, 2006, Rogers was released by the Lions. According to Lion coach Rod Marinelli, "We picked the men that are right for this football team", said Marinelli.[1]

He was the #2 overall in 2003, and he busted, so we have 1. Charles Rogers(bust) 2. Mike Williams (bust) 3....

Why do you suppose a 6-10 team would be interested in trading their supposed #1 Wr?

I'd take roy and shaun for two of our defenders.

Mike Williams and Charles Rogers are indeed both busts, but Roy Williams is talented. The lions make a lot of bonehead decisions besides drafting poorly. They trade away talent. Sounds too much like us really. I would trade castaways or our 3rd rounder for him and they might bite on that. I can't think of many teams willing to give up a 2nd for him. Perhaps Atlanta or San Fran. We could get him for a lot less than the 1st overall. I really like the idea of getting a talented player in his prime and still adding Keyshawn. The receivers would look a whole lot better and we could concentrate on our lines.

i loved charles rogers, the guy jsut couldnt stay o nthe field... always hurt. then attitude set in, maybe due to frusturation i dont know.... then he disappeared like Rick Majerus's 6 incher

Back
Top Bottom