The Media didn't waste any time ripping us | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Media didn't waste any time ripping us

The writer (who I have never heard of before) comes off as a po'ed Raiders fan thats mad that DC didn't end up in Oakland.

go_fins said:
I really hope I'm wrong about DC because I really love my fins. But all these years DC has been facing defenses designed to stop one person, and that is Randy Moss. All he ever faced was double teams againts Moss, safety help towards Moss, and rolling coverages designed to give the CB's extra help on handling Moss. That helped the running game for Minni and made it easier for the other receivers. Now he won't have that, and look at last year when teams were designing their defenses to stop Culpepper, he threw more picks than Feeley! plus his knee is busted up! I really hope Saban knows what he's doing, but I would have prefered we draft a young QB and bring in McNair or keeps Gus for a year or two.

And what exactly has Randy Moss's great talents done for Oakland? You don't see Kerry Collins lighting it up like Culpepper did, do we?

Culpepper did pretty well without Moss when he was hurt in 2004 and missed 5 1/2 games. He was still putting up good numbers.

go_fins said:
I really hope I'm wrong about DC because I really love my fins. But all these years DC has been facing defenses designed to stop one person, and that is Randy Moss. All he ever faced was double teams againts Moss, safety help towards Moss, and rolling coverages designed to give the CB's extra help on handling Moss. That helped the running game for Minni and made it easier for the other receivers. Now he won't have that, and look at last year when teams were designing their defenses to stop Culpepper, he threw more picks than Feeley! plus his knee is busted up! I really hope Saban knows what he's doing, but I would have prefered we draft a young QB and bring in McNair or keeps Gus for a year or two.

Besides Moss, what other weapon did Culpepper have last year?

He's got weapons flying out of his butt here.

go_fins said:
and rightly so!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11828040/
What ever happened to building through the draft? I was so hopeful for the upcoming season, and now this:mad: . :sigh: Culpepper's numbers are nothing but a side effect of that super freak Randy Moss' heorics on the field. Culpepper is over rated and the Vikings pulled another fast one on us. did somebody let Spielman back in the building??:confused:

i think this is the first and only media outlet that actually considered the trade to be a bad move. Congrats on finding it.

LOL an article that cant even get it's facts straight. We took Pepper after Brees turned us down? If I am not mistaken, we dropped out of the bidding? Am I wrong?

nbcsports_cook_bobthumb-1.jpg

=

go_fins said:

Chambers, Ronnie Brown, Randy Mcmike, Marty Booker, Ricky II (provided the league isnt a bunch of aholes), Shelton, James, Mangold (oops, sorry to let the cat out of the bag), Hadnot, Carey, and oh, little Wes Welker......DC isnt going to have a problem at all.

DC will find out what its like to hand off to probowlers.

Take it easy....I have read pretty much every article about the trade and that is one of the few negative ones. MSN, c'mon!!:fire:

No disrespect intended, but whom would you have started next season? Gus? Sage? Cleo Lemons? Couch? Ramsey? McNair? I mean, seriously; who was out there with more upside than Culpepper? If I had told you two years ago that we could get Culpepper, what would you have said then?

Ok, Ok, Ok. I have been one of the biggest DC skeptics yet, but after having some time to think about it here is what I've came to.

Daunte Culpepper is a probowl talent QB, he makes some really good throws and throws a good deep ball. With that also is going to come some INT's that he is going to throw. Deep ball INT's I can handle because its more or less like a punt. As long as he isn't throwing pick 6's like Feeley, the upside of throwing the deep ball outweights the down side.

People who say Culpepper w/out Randy Moss was nothing. Well I think a couple years ago when DC was putting up some huge numbers, Moss was on the sideline injured.

My biggest concern was the fact that I didn't know if his knee would be ready to go by game day. Well after seeing Saban release Gus that pretty much tells me that he is getting word that DC will be ready to go opening day.

Hopefully since DC wants to be here so bad he will assume a big role as an offensive leader that we need. All we need to do is make sure you keep him away from the water, and no "boating". :wink:

People need to accept the fact he is going to be our QB, support him and hopefully he can make us a dominate franchise again.

That article was one of the worst I've read in a while. This no name showed that he knows nothing about football(Brees turned us down?), and also seemed to have some trouble with grasping a basic understanding of the English language...or else he just didn't feel the need to proof read his work since no one reads about sports on msnbc.com

Back
Top Bottom