The most improved Miami Dolphins player this offseason is | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The most improved Miami Dolphins player this offseason is

MDFINFAN

Reach for the Stars
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Today, on the eve of the Dolphins beginning their Organized Team Activities (OTAs), there is one player coaches believe has taken a significant jump from what they saw last year. He has become one of, if not the most improved player, in the early part of the team’s offseason conditioning program and coaches are hopeful that will continue and carry over to the OTAs ...

Then to training camp.

And the preseason.

And the 2017 regular season.

DeVante Parker is that player.

I am told by multiple sources Parker has been so impressive this offseason he has coaches hopeful he can finally develop into the dominant threat the Dolphins were expecting when they drafted him in the first round in 2015.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...-salguero/article151925887.html#storylink=cpy

Can we get a Jarvis Landry mind in DeVante? Without the over the top stuff, of course. He'd be all pro.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article151925887.html

I am told by multiple sources Parker has been so impressive this offseason he has coaches hopeful he can finally develop into the dominant threat the Dolphins were expecting when they drafted him in the first round in 2015.

So why has Parker been so impressive in the four-hour training sessions the players have been participating in four days a week for the past five weeks?

This is what I’m told:

Parker has apparently come to understand that staying healthy is key to his success and that entails much more than simply stretching before workouts and cooling down afterward. Parker is eating right -- exactly what the team nutritionist has recommended. He’s not skipping meals.

He is apparently getting enough sleep. This is what coaches are thinking because when he tells people he’s going to be somewhere at a certain time of the morning, he’s been on time. That wasn’t always the case in the past.

A players growth in the NFL is a long term progression, sometimes, you see it day one, other it takes time. Too often I see fans, the media, and even teams move on from a player too quickly. Not everyone is ready when they enter the NFL, and with the way the draft sets up many players and the chance of injury, many players leave college far too early and end up using and NFL roster spot as well an NFL paycheck to get NFL ready. Smart on the players part, but frustrating to teams and fans.

If Paker can become elite then the 2015 draft was a success imo. I hope he lights it up this season.

If he can become what we hope he can become then we have to thank Dennis Hickey for Parker and Jay Ajayi

If Parker reaches his extremely high potential, this offense will be a serious nightmare for teams to try and slowdown, let alone stop.

We have a receiver that can burn you for a TD at any moment in Stills, a high energy athletically hard working unstoppable receiver in Landry, a TE that has proven he can be one of the more effective TEs when he is on in Thomas, and now our potentially biggest weapon, who could be better then any of them in Parker could be finally reaching his potential...and if a defense commits fully to stopping that gargantuan pass-offense, Miami has a RB that has shown he can easily add a deuce on the ground to any team that does not take him seriously...Fun times are coming.

Imagine if they can manage to get another 100 snaps on offense (not counting 4th downs). Last year it was something like 882 with 405 rushing and 477 passing.

1000 offensive snaps. 500 rushing and 500 passing would be awesome.

Now imagine all of the weapons having success among their best seasons or reaching their potential.

Landry: 1100/5
Parker: 1000/10
Stills: 900/9
Thomas: 700/12

3,700 yards and 36 TD's for receivers.

Ajayi 300 rushes for 1400 yards/10 td
Drake and Williams another 100 for 500 yards and 15.

His development reminds me of Paul Solia (spll) took a few years to get going .when he did he was a straight out baller.

I think he lacked confidence in his foot. I really think it hindered him, once a person is 100% it doesn't mean they think they are. It seems like he is growing up a bit and grabbing his lunch pal and heading to work.

Back
Top Bottom