The most interesting/intriguing young guy to watch in camp/preseason will be.......? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The most interesting/intriguing young guy to watch in camp/preseason will be.......?

Dolphinator530

Club Member
Reaction score
With rookies reporting today I thought it might be fun to talk about some of the younger guys on the roster. Whether it be a player we are waiting to take the next step to stardom or a young guy looking to contribute to a unit in need of depth.

Which young guy do you think will be the most interesting or intriguing to follow during camp? And why?

And so we are clear by young let’s try to keep it on guys who are at the most entering their 3rd season, sorry Landry and Stills I think we kind of know who you are. I really want to focus on guys who are the next wave of Dolphin impact players.

My thoughts...

Issac Asiata - may have addressed guard with some vet guys but they are at most a year or two contributor. Asiata is a bit older and already has a man’s body and more strength than an average rookie. Could come in and fill a huge need a guard not only for this season but long term. I think he will get a lot of looks at LG and RG and will have stout competition to go against, should be easy to assess where he stands by end of camp.

Your thoughts?

Not to be obvious, but I'll go with Charles Harris. I believe he has the chance to truly impact the defense moreso than the other rookies. If he can build on his positive OTA progress and follow it up with a great camp, he has a chance to help very early in the season. A pass rush package of Wake and Harris on the outside with Suh and Hayes/Branch inside would be dangerous!

Harris...would love to see him dominate..it would make wake and branch that much better.

Im going with Parker. Rave reviews so far, and sounds like hes been legitimately hampered by injury both seasons until now. I get the feeling we are finally going to see the real Devante Parker.

Im going with Parker. Rave reviews so far, and sounds like hes been legitimately hampered by injury both seasons until now. I get the feeling we are finally going to see the real Devante Parker.
And what does that look like? Hopefully something close to A.J Green. I think that was one of the comparisons floated around him

-Phillips
-Harris
-McMillan
-Howard
-Asiata

-Tunsil, to an extent, we know he is a good player but it will be interesting to see him at LT

Miami has a lot of young talent and Adam Gase seems to be the guy to get people to play to their talent level.

I'm going with Harris. The Dolphins had 33 sacks last year, which ranked near the bottom of the league. His development as that edge rusher is pretty crucial.

If Asiata pans out that will make such a huge impact on our line. I want to see him show up when the pads go on.

To pick someone new that hasn't already been stated here ill go with jakeem grant... If he can improve on fielding kicks/punts i think that will go a long way helping the team. Not to mention I would love to see some sort of gadget play on offense, his speed and elusiveness can't be taught, imo we either need to find a way to get production from his skill set or we need to move on and free up a roster spot

Besides everyone in this years draft and UDFA class, I want to see Carroo, Pitts and Drake they could have a big impact if things go there way.

I can't argue against any player listed here, so It seems the consensus is that there are several players that need to step up. The good news is that I think we have the right coaching staff, specifically the head coach, that can make this a reality. More than any player, let's hope Gase can make a big leap.

Back
Top Bottom