The NFL in Flux | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The NFL in Flux

overworkedirish

Active Roster
Reaction score
This has been a strange year for the NFL. Week after week we are seeing teams who "should" win, lose. And then those same teams turn around in games they "should" lose, and win. I know a lot of Finfans are down in the dumps right now, but 3-4 is by no means a death sentence.

You can't play this back-and-forth, X is better than Z because X beat Y and Y beat Z. That's just not the league this year. Apart from a few teams skewed in one direction (Denver, KC) or the other (Jax, Tampa), the league is evening out. The NFL media machine will fight this reality, because they have to hitch their star-worshipping wagon to the money for as long as they can. Old habits die hard, and no one will stop saying the Pats are the **** until their record shows they've stopped being the ****.

Refs aside, Fins made some egregious errors against New England. But I saw enough to believe that the ability is there to match up with almost any team in this league. People keep saying "It's Our Time." Well, ****. This year? It's EVERYone's time.

You actually make a very good inarguable point. Still, of course, this team is above all not being coached well enough. The second year head coach and his staff is as much a handicap as the young QB and the LT position. The Dolphins flash as a good team and then collapse into one of the worst over and over. They don't play complete games. The team talent is above average but the coaching is slightly below. You are what your number says you are. 3 and 4.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

It's one of those years where we are seeing a "cycle" come into effect. What used to be small, weak, and ignored has now grown big, strong and is getting noticed. I mean, you could sort of see the Seahawks rising from the west, but who is Kansas City? What kind of juice were the Bengals on last Sunday? From Giants to Midgets? And the almighty Steelers scraping the bottom of their division???? Cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria!

Nothing stays good forever just as nothing stays bad forever. It is the way of the universe.

Good luck on Thursday! It will probably be a closer game than what most expect.

Back
Top Bottom