The Off Season From Hell!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Off Season From Hell!!

Sometimes you need to take a step back, re-evaluate and then move forward again. At least that’s what, I was taught to do, when things get tough. The cap situation was really tough. Miami needed to do some drastic, unpopular things to try and right the ship. While I’m hopeful these moves will work out, I’m skeptical because of who’s making the decisions. Suh was the start of the downfall, not the player, but the contract. It was followed up by a series of bad contract decisions. Let’s hope they get more bang for the buck this time around and it results in more wins.

It's just hard to care as much as I was did. Of course I still root for them and always want them to do well, but when you constantly get kicked in the nuts time and time again you start to become numb to the pain.

My biggest problem with this offseason so far is that it seems we are locking in our mediocrity for years to come with these signings and contract restructures that shift cap inflexibility further and further down the road, considering we are nowhere near contending as is. I would much rather blow the team up completely right now.

Honestly I've always wondered how it would work if teams prioritized intelligence over measurables. Obviously the intelligent guys have to have some talent or they wouldn't be able to platy in the NFL at all but maybe you sacrifice a little talent for a guy who always does what he's supposed to do. In todays' NFL I think the best thing a coach can do if force your opponent to beat you physically not mentally. Many, many games are decided because one team makes more metal errors than the other and beat themselves. NE is the only team that consistently makes teams beat them and they've been the most successful franchise over the last 17 or 18 years. How many times, especially early on, did we see posts on here talking about how NE's talent really wasn't that great and we didn't understand how they were so good as a team? They beat themselves less then any other team in the NFL and capitalize on the many mistakes other teams make at a higher rate then anyone else. Now, you need guy like Brady pulling the strings, can Ryan be that guy. Hopefully close enough.

Actually how long have we been this bad? I think it really started in 2004 when Ricky retired. Which is 14 years now. 20 years ago was the 1998 season and we still had Marino and were in the middle of a run where we made the playoffs 5 years in a row 1996-2001. I wish we could go back to stinking like that at least. I use to complain that we always lose in the playoffs when I was growing up. Now I would take making the playoffs 5 years in a row in a heartbeat.

In previous offseasons, there is hope of a good team. As of now, that hope does not exist for me.

Well everything we’ve done in the past hasn’t apparently worked out, so in the words of George Costanza
“If everything I’ve always done is wrong,” than the opposite must be right!”

Last edited:
The only reason for even this optimism level is because the Jets and the Bills are rebuilding. If the Jets and Bills were solid, I would put Miami bottom five in the league.

This year's bottom five have all vastly improved already, if Andrew Luck is truly healthy.

Seriously, if the Jets make some sound moves and the Bills strike it rich in the QB department, we could be looking at a first pick the 2019 draft.

What teams will be worse?? The Bengals? The Bucs? Who?

Well everything we’ve done in the past hasn’t apparently worked out, so in the words of George Costanza
“If everything I’ve akways done is wrong,” than the opposite must be right!”
But we keep doing the same thing

Back
Top Bottom