The Offensive Tackle Mythology Index | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Offensive Tackle Mythology Index

Great post Spesh, and appreciate all the time and effort it took. UNBELIEVABLE that this forum is giving you 3 stars for it. LOL

Great post Spesh, and appreciate all the time and effort it took. UNBELIEVABLE that this forum is giving you 3 stars for it. LOL

Amazing, isn't it? :lol: Guy puts a ton of effort into it and somebody is so lazy that they can't even bother to respond, they just give a negative review. You may disagree with what he wrote, but still respect the effort he put into it. Anyways, my rating should help negate that :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amazing, isn't it? :lol: Guy puts a ton of effort into it and somebody is so lazy that they can't even bother to respond, they just give a negative review. You may disagree with what he wrote, but still respect the effort he put into it. Anyways, my rating should help negate that :)

Completely agree. That OP had to take a hell of along time to put together, and was great. How do you change the stars, never did that before?

Completely agree. That OP had to take a hell of along time to put together, and was great. How do you change the stars, never did that before?

You can rate threads in the upper right corner. :hi5:

Sure you can. Win. The only people that wouldn't be pleased with that are jests fans, but they're not really people.

35yvbe-1.jpg

Spesh touched on something that I view as VERY important, the fact the Defenses are taking a more direct route to the QB. I am a proponent of obtaining the best G at #19 and filling a hole that has been there for years. You look at what happened last year and they targeted different parts of the line to attack, concentrating on the middle. RI was never a great pass protector, and Fatboy often never even touched the right guy. When we needed a yard up the middle the line was pushed in to the backfield, fix the G position you fix this line.

Nice effort, nice organization, but really....all that just to say we shouldn't take a OL with our 1st round draft pick?

You could have just put this out in paperback.:lol: But for me, it is Zach Martin in the 1st. If he is is not there, then Filo.

Lets consider this: 11 of 12 playoff teams last year had a 1st round pick at a starting OT position. All 11 of those OT's were drafted by the teams they played on - none of them were free agent signings, they were all homegrown 1st round draft picks. Lets not kid ourselves into thinking OT shouldn't be seriously considered in the 1st round.

If Martin is there you take him i agree bpa but think a tackle is likely bpa

Lets consider this: 11 of 12 playoff teams last year had a 1st round pick at a starting OT position. All 11 of those OT's were drafted by the teams they played on - none of them were free agent signings, they were all homegrown 1st round draft picks. Lets not kid ourselves into thinking OT shouldn't be seriously considered in the 1st round.

We already have a 1st round pick starting at OT. Guess we can check that off. :d-day:

An interesting read and a good effort I just can't say as an evaluator I agree with the end result message...

What if according to the Hickey rankings, the best player available happens to be a QB or a Center, who surprisingly falls in the Draft? I like many happen to believe that we have a decent QB in Ryan Tannehill, with better protection, he is set to improve. We also have a top Center in Mike Pouncey. However, if we are simply taking the BPA per the board, does that mean that we take the QB or the Center who we don't need but are surprisingly there at #19?
I would argue that BPA has to match to some extent with team needs and is therefore strictly not BPA.

One of the best posts of the year. Thanks for taking the time.

Fu*&%ing Ireland.
Ireland has been killing this team since the Tuna handed over the reigns.
I don't know that Hickey will be the second coming of (insert favorite GM here), but he definitely has much more experience and I think he will do a very good job for us.
I am just keeping an open mind. I know who I would pick, but I am putting my faith in Hickey that he will get it done.

Back
Top Bottom