The Official 06'-07' MIAMI RE-HEAT Thread. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 06'-07' MIAMI RE-HEAT Thread.

Section126 said:
The time has come guys...Your Miami heat embarks on their defense of their WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP.

As for predictions...last year I nailed it at this time (picked Heat over Mavs 4-2) This year is a little tougher as I see a very tough Western Conference.

I think the heaters win the East with little trouble this time around. I expect the Cavs, Bulls and Pistons to be the class in the East behind the Heat. The Nets STILL need big people and have not fixed their bench problems. They can surprise though as you will see with my prediction.

The West is a 4 team race...but what a 4 team race....The mavs are the class...don't underestimate the shear talent that the Suns will bring though. The Spurs still have the nucleus that already won a title for them and the Rockets have YAO and T-Mac. If Healthy..the Rockets can be a surprise team here. I also love what the Kings are doing. The Nuggets are on the fast track to the toilet.

For my predictions:

The HEAT defeat the Nets in the ECF's (4-2) to return to the finals.

The SPURS defeat the SUNS in the WCF's (4-3) to make the finals.

The finals will be a matchup of the last two winners....

A classic battle that will have the Miami Heat REPEAT as CHAMPIONS. (4-3)

As for the Heat's regular season record...I say 58-24 (1st in east)

Wrong, the mighty Chicago Bulls in a 4-0 sweep.

What did I tell you guys about Robert Hite back when we signed him?

He's no camp fodder, this rook, IMO, has already made the team......

He's shooting the lights out.. far more impressive than Chris Quinn who everyone likes.

The Blueprint said:
What did I tell you guys about Robert Hite back when we signed him?

He's no camp fodder, this rook, IMO, has already made the team......

He's shooting the lights out.. far more impressive than Chris Quinn who everyone likes.
yeah..I didnt know Rob was going to light it up like he has..he should be a lock to make the team right now

305TillIDie said:
yeah..I didnt know Rob was going to light it up like he has..he should be a lock to make the team right now

I was watching highlights on him. He is tight.

well according to SI, the Dolphins had a ticket to the Super Bowl :lol:

Maybe they'll get this one right.

And yes Rob Hite is looking like the real deal.

BTW, who has tickets for opening night/ring game?

I've got mine.. it took pure luck to get 'em, not even my connections came through.

New York Knicks anyone???? They could be a force to be reckoned with. You Heat fans better beware. :tongue:

TexasFish20 said:
New York Knicks anyone???? They could be a force to be reckoned with. You Heat fans better beware. :tongue:
no doubt $tarbury gonna win mvp this year

TexasFish20 said:
Knicks have good players, but they cant work together..Jefferies should help the Knicks play a little defense and rebound

305TillIDie said:
Knicks have good players, but they cant work together..Jefferies should help the Knicks play a little defense and rebound

Knicks will be without Jefferies for 6-8 weeks so don't count on seeing him until January I'd venture to say. The Knicks will be improved this year and will score a ton of points but their no good defensively and will get caught sleeping on a some of nights (meaning blown out by 20, but not every game like last year). Could they sneak into the playoffs? Maybe, but it will be short lived if they do. I expect 30 wins but I wouldn't be shocked if they somehow made it to .500. The one thing I can say about Isiah is that he has the right philosophy with this team as far as making them run the floor and knowing that the Knicks are going to have to win 115-110 type games because they can't D up. Larry Brown tried to make this team run a set offense but with the guys we have that was never going to work because none of them fit that style of play. I like that Isiah is getting them to do that but at the end of the day, I expect 30 wins but at least they'll be improved and won't lose every game by 20+ (except against Shaq)!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Knicks will be without Jefferies for 6-8 weeks so don't count on seeing him until January I'd venture to say. The Knicks will be improved this year and will score a ton of points but their no good defensively and will get caught sleeping on a some of nights (meaning blown out by 20, but not every game like last year). Could they sneak into the playoffs? Maybe, but it will be short lived if they do. I expect 30 wins but I wouldn't be shocked if they somehow made it to .500. The one thing I can say about Isiah is that he has the right philosophy with this team as far as making them run the floor and knowing that the Knicks are going to have to win 115-110 type games because they can't D up. Larry Brown tried to make this team run a set offense but with the guys we have that was never going to work because none of them fit that style of play. I like that Isiah is getting them to do that but at the end of the day, I expect 30 wins but at least they'll be improved and won't lose every game by 20+ (except against Shaq)!

Yeah that is all us Knicks fans can hope for. I really hope Curry steps it up as well. He has so much talent I think. He's just gotta get is head on straight.

i hope the knicks aren't as bad as i think they will be cuz i hate to see the bulls get oden if they do some how get him the curry trade will be the worst in sports history

Phins28 said:
Wrong, the mighty Chicago Bulls in a 4-0 sweep.

:sidelol:

Dude..you guys just became a poor man's version of the Piston team we smashed last year. GOOD LUCK!

I watched the rookie Vince Grier last night against the Magic and man...this guy is the energize bunny..hes everywhere on the court..rebounding, defense, stealing the ball, hustling all the time..watch out for this guy yall..hes battling Quinn for the last roster spot

he had 11 points, 8 rebs and 4-5 shooting..his D is fun to watch :yes:

Grier is filler....he'll get cut. The only reason he is here is to be that hustle guy in camp....the one who will actually play defense while all the stars loiter about. Quinn's competition is the waiver wire....if Riley finds a vet he likes then he will be gone as well. I can't believe Hite is going to ride a hot shooting streak all the way to a guaranteed contract, but it does look that way. It would be nice if he developed into a House type change of pace SG to play behind Wade, but we all know how much PT Riley gave House when he was here....so don't expect too much.

This team is hanging on by the finest thread at the guard positions. An ancient PG, a fatigued star SG backed up by a 6'10 guy who can barely move, and a couple of undrafted FA rookies. I sure hope a Diener or mabey Hart (please cut him you drunken fool) get waived.

Back
Top Bottom