The Official 06'-07' MIAMI RE-HEAT Thread. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 06'-07' MIAMI RE-HEAT Thread.

Ferretsquig said:
Grier is filler....he'll get cut. The only reason he is here is to be that hustle guy in camp....the one who will actually play defense while all the stars loiter about. Quinn's competition is the waiver wire....if Riley finds a vet he likes then he will be gone as well. I can't believe Hite is going to ride a hot shooting streak all the way to a guaranteed contract, but it does look that way. It would be nice if he developed into a House type change of pace SG to play behind Wade, but we all know how much PT Riley gave House when he was here....so don't expect too much.

This team is hanging on by the finest thread at the guard positions. An ancient PG, a fatigued star SG backed up by a 6'10 guy who can barely move, and a couple of undrafted FA rookies. I sure hope a Diener or mabey Hart (please cut him you drunken fool) get waived.
im not sure about Grier getting cut right now..remember, Dorell Wright is out of action with an injury..dont count him out just yet..he still have a chance to make this sqaud

PatsSuck456 said:
Wright is out for 8 weeks right?

Wright thinks hes coming back for the opener next week. I don't know the severity of the sprain, but being out for a month seems a bit extreme. I think at the latest he comes back a few games into the season. Whether he gets off the bench is another question.

Wright's official injury status was 2-3 weeks.

That was last week.....

Matter of Fact...

SpurzN703 said:
:wink: Go Spurs Go! :wink:

GMS Speak Out

Preseason poll of NBA general managers picks Spurs to win it all

GMs speak out
Spurs picked as champs, LeBron as MVP by GMs

The San Antonio Spurs will win another title and LeBron James will capture his first MVP award, according to a preseason poll of NBA general managers.

All but two of the league's 30 general managers responded to the fifth annual NBA.com survey. They also picked Portland's Brandon Roy as the rookie of the year, Pat Riley of Miami as the best coach and Kobe Bryant as the player they want taking a shot with the game on the line.

The Spurs won the 2005 NBA championship but lost to Dallas in last season's Western Conference semifinals. San Antonio was picked by 43 percent of the GMs to regain the title, with the Mavericks getting 29 percent and reigning champion Miami earning 14 percent.

i only got to see the last 6 or so minutes of the game, but i was impressed with Earl Barron, he looked good

Ferretsquig said:
Grier is filler....he'll get cut. The only reason he is here is to be that hustle guy in camp....the one who will actually play defense while all the stars loiter about. Quinn's competition is the waiver wire....if Riley finds a vet he likes then he will be gone as well. I can't believe Hite is going to ride a hot shooting streak all the way to a guaranteed contract, but it does look that way. It would be nice if he developed into a House type change of pace SG to play behind Wade, but we all know how much PT Riley gave House when he was here....so don't expect too much.

This team is hanging on by the finest thread at the guard positions. An ancient PG, a fatigued star SG backed up by a 6'10 guy who can barely move, and a couple of undrafted FA rookies. I sure hope a Diener or mabey Hart (please cut him you drunken fool) get waived.
:boohoo: Poor Dwyane..

Michael Jordan didn't do it alone, he had Scottie Pippen. Dwyane shouldn't be doing it alone either. Shaq is old, and is more like a roleplayer than a star in this team atleast IMO.

Without Shaq, I still think we could make the playoffs. Without Wade, no chance in hell. Can't beleive we're going into the season asking Wade to carry this old *** team again. The pressure must really be building up on him, especially when we're asking him to defend the title and all. I hope for the best, he's my favorite player.

article from yahoo sports

If computers ran the NBA, Shaq would be benched

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Shaquille O'Neal may be one of the best basketball players on the planet, but he should have been benched in this year's National Basketball Association championships.

Or so concludes a new statistical measurement developed by Lenovo Group Ltd. the world's third-largest personal computer maker. Introduced by Lenovo and the NBA on Monday, the statistic is supposed show which five players combine to make the best team on the court at any one time.

In June's NBA finals, for instance, the Lenovo Stat showed the best combination for the champion Miami Heat included Dwyane Wade, James Posey, Gary Payton, Antoine Walker, and Alonzo Mourning.

Missing from the list is O'Neal, the 7'1" Miami Heat center who is an 11-times NBA All-Star and named one of the 50 Greatest Players in league history. But it was with Mourning -- rather than O'Neal -- that the Heat had the greatest point advantage during the championships, according to the Lenovo Stat.

http://us.f600.mail.yahoo.com/ym/ShowLetter?box=Inbox&MsgId=942_18228946_1284005_1311_55440_0_16936_72663_1652248962&bodyPart=2&tnef=&YY=13995&y5beta=yes&y5beta=yes&order=down&sort=date&pos=0&VScan=1&Idx=0

What a bunch of *******s....stole the concept from Roland just to get some Chinese company thats desperate for publicity in the US to pay them for the rights. Now we have to suffer through a bunch of articles like these where some idiot reporter who can't count looks at some stats in front of him and says that Shaq should of been benched. How many minutes did 'Zo have to play with that miserable foward combo of Haslem and Walker? Try 34, compared with 319 for Shaq.

Vertical Limit said:
:boohoo: Poor Dwyane..

Michael Jordan didn't do it alone, he had Scottie Pippen. Dwyane shouldn't be doing it alone either. Shaq is old, and is more like a roleplayer than a star in this team atleast IMO.

Without Shaq, I still think we could make the playoffs. Without Wade, no chance in hell. Can't beleive we're going into the season asking Wade to carry this old *** team again. The pressure must really be building up on him, especially when we're asking him to defend the title and all. I hope for the best, he's my favorite player.

C'mon we all know Wright is the next Pippen....just ask any Heat fan :lol:

Wade is hardly alone. That old Shaq still averages 20-10 and draws double teams, even if he takes every other game off and plays sporatic defense at best. He also has Walker, JWill and UD....all who can put up 20 pts any given night. I don't think there is any pressure. You have Riley buying into the Shaq philosphy of taking it easy in the regular season, and no real threat in the division. If the Heat really struggle or Orlando/Washington challenge them then there will be pressure. But this regular season should be relatively pressure free for the Heat.

Cruise for 50 games....then comes the pressure.

Ferretsquig said:
What a bunch of *******s....stole the concept from Roland just to get some Chinese company thats desperate for publicity in the US to pay them for the rights. Now we have to suffer through a bunch of articles like these where some idiot reporter who can't count looks at some stats in front of him and says that Shaq should of been benched. How many minutes did 'Zo have to play with that miserable foward combo of Haslem and Walker? Try 34, compared with 319 for Shaq.

horrible Forward combo??? I agree with walker, but Haslem??

WOW..that article is such BS.

I wonder what their little computer model said after SHAQ dominated the Pistons in the ECF...

You know...the ECF's came before the Finals. It is kinda important to win the ECF's.....

Back
Top Bottom