The Official 06'-07' MIAMI RE-HEAT Thread. | Page 82 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 06'-07' MIAMI RE-HEAT Thread.

They are playing GREAT with the BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There ball movement has been spectacular tonight!

I like this offensive output.

too bad that our defense is getting trampled...AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is getting to be a bit much...thanks alot Kirk Heinrich.

What a great press conference tonight by Ron Rothstein...

Here are a few quotes I really liked:

"You know...it is not a good thing to allow your opponent to come down court and just take a warm up jump shot in your face."

"You gotta do something to not let them just have a shoot around in the game."

"Just because you are missing a few players...it doesn;t excuse you to attempt to play your worst."

Let me point the fingers.....

ZO and J-Will....great effort. ZO was all heart tonight. The rest of his teammates can use him as inspiration.

Kapono..played okay offensively..he was a disaster defensively.

Wright decided to play good for 1 quarter tonight.

Haslem was mediocre.

Hite scored a little and looke really bad on defense.

EVERYBODY ELSE WAS TRASH TONIGHT.

A Sacramento Kings front-office official mentioned the Heat among teams that have shown interest in Ron Artest. But Heat coach Pat Riley said Tuesday he doesn't think he will pursue a trade for the veteran forward.
-- Miami Herald

Antoine Walker suggested after Tuesday's Heat practice that his recent decline to career-low averages is a result of several factors. They include his shooting woes, inconsistent playing time, changes in his role and position from small forward to power forward and the injuries to Dwyane Wade and Shaquille O'Neal that have affected his play and that of the team.
-- Miami Herald

The press need to stop speaking with Walker. His opinion doesn't mean anything.

As for last night's game, meh, who care.. no Shaq, Wade, Posey, and thankfully Walker.

One note I may add though.. Udonis Haslem is showing that he really is a product of Dwyane Wade and/or Shaq in their absence. He's had some average games, and the rest pretty bad and uneffective. I love Haslem, but for a guy that was probably the difference in us getting AI or not, he doesn't really do much at all without Wade or Shaq setting him up.

Nonetheless, hopefully Fatoine's body fat increases and he's inactive for quite some time. I'd kill to see this team at full health with Shaq & Wade back, Posey down to 8% body fat, and TOINE STILL OUT. That'd be killer. Kapono has really come along - he's going to be HUGE for us in the playoffs. Imagine the league's best three point shooter who is absolutely lighting it up right now, with Shaq and Wade drawing doubles!

Kapono's splits:

November:
13 games, 15 MPG, 4.5 PPG

December:
15 games, 25 MPG, 12 PPG

His defense isn't great at all, but man, he's been beyond "hot/cold" - I can't think of a recent poor shooting night at all, with or without D-Wade setting him up. He's #1 in the NBA at a WHOPPING 52% beyond the arch.. that's 37/71, and doesn't include last night's 3/3 outing. 40/74 now.

I used to call this guy WORTHLESS..........guess he wasn't being used correctly.

I don't think its right to call Haslem a product of anyone....hes a great player in his own right. Just because he can't create shots for himself shouldn't diminish the effort he puts forth on both ends of the court. And I know you don't like to quantify anything, but just take a look at what this team was without him last year....in point differential there was no player outside Wade that had more of an impact. The team simply doesn't work without him on the court.

I don't think its right to call Haslem a product of anyone....hes a great player in his own right. Just because he can't create shots for himself shouldn't diminish the effort he puts forth on both ends of the court. And I know you don't like to quantify anything, but just take a look at what this team was without him last year....in point differential there was no player outside Wade that had more of an impact. The team simply doesn't work without him on the court.

Great player? That kills the credibility of your entire post.

I love Udonis Haslem.. love the fight.. love the hustle.. love the hard work he puts forth. However, great player? That's beyond ridiculous. He's a great ROLE player. All the effort in the world doesn't make you a great player though. All I'm saying is that without Shaq and/or Wade, he's not nearly as good as he is with either one, or both on the court with him. He disappears quite often, but the heart, effort, and fight is always there.. so I'd never KNOCK the guy.

& I don't like to "quantify" anything? Get the hell out've here.. you always have to throw out some stupid, idiotic shots. The only "contribution" you bring to the table here is your 82games.com source. :lol:

I love Udonis Haslem.. love the fight.. love the hustle.. love the hard work he puts forth. However, great player? That's beyond ridiculous. He's a great ROLE player. All the effort in the world doesn't make you a great player though. All I'm saying is that without Shaq and/or Wade, he's not nearly as good as he is with either one, or both on the court with him. He disappears quite often, but the heart, effort, and fight is always there.. so I'd never KNOCK the guy.

& I don't like to "quantify" anything? Get the hell out've here.. you always have to throw out some stupid, idiotic shots. The only "contribution" you bring to the table here is your 82games.com source. :lol:

Not with ya on this one Blue....

Haslem is very effecient and an underrated defender.

We used to praise PJ Brown in his prime for being the consomate support PF to ZO....Haslem is every bit as good as PJ Brown ever was.

I tend to break down a season into "important parts"....I don't really care to see how well he played against Atlanta in November.

There has been only one PF that he has guarded that has given him serious trouble...that would be Dwight Howard. He plays the Duncan's and Nowitski's as good or better than anyone.

He is a volume rebounder....and a damn good pick and roll player.

Trust me when I tell you that if Riley dangled Haslem out there...the NBA would go nuts to try to get this guy.

and he is young as well...so he can and will get better.

Certainly an interesting reaction to people who disagree with you....ah the odd message board personalities.

Haslem never dissappears, and that is what makes him the player he is. He is always playing solid defense, hitting the boards, setting screens, etc... You know the things that the stars can't seem to handle doing. There is a hell of a lot more to playing basketball than putting the ball through the hoop.

Antoine Walker suggested after Tuesday's Heat practice that his recent decline to career-low averages is a result of several factors. They include his shooting woes, inconsistent playing time, changes in his role and position from small forward to power forward and the injuries to Dwyane Wade and Shaquille O'Neal that have affected his play and that of the team

Does anyone care what he thinks?

IMO Riley has coached his last game. I doubt he will ever go back to coaching. He did what he wanted to do and will quietly walk away from coaching after the surgery.

IMO Riley has coached his last game. I doubt he will ever go back to coaching. He did what he wanted to do and will quietly walk away from coaching after the surgery.

he says he is coming back....

And when you see that the Band is getting back together on Jan. 15th...he will then get excited to finally coach this team.

On January 15th we are scheduled to finally have our Starting Lineup PLAY IT'S FIRST GAME. (I hope)

that's right....two months in will be the first time the team will be healthy.

J-Will
Wade
Wright
Haslem
SHAQ

Bench Rotation:

ZO
Posey
Kapono
Payton
Toine

get out of the way!

Im all for Riley comming back he's great coach and person but its just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom