The Official 2006 New York Mets Thread | Page 48 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2006 New York Mets Thread

NJFINSFAN1 said:
NEW YORK (AP) -- The New York Mets made another trade to help their injury-depleted pitching staff Thursday, acquiring Dave Williams from the Cincinnati Reds for a minor leaguer.

He went 10-11 with a 4.25 ERA for the Pirates last season

Winning 10 games for that team is pretty dam good, he will start at AAA and is a lefty!

I like the deal; Williams was miscast at the GAB. He's a flyball pitcher (like Hernandez), and that's just a bad thing to be playing half your games there when you throw a lot of fly balls. There's no reason he couldn't be a competent 5th starter for us.

Mets acquire RHP Adams for Gonzalez
- The New York Mets made their third trade for pitching in three days, sending right-hander Jeremi Gonzalez to the Milwaukee Brewers on Friday for reliever Mike Adams.

Gonzalez was designated for assignment after pitching six innings in a 5-3 loss to the Philadelphia Phillies on Thursday. He had a 7.71 ERA in three starts with the Mets, and is expected to join the Brewers on Sunday.
Adams had an 11.57 ERA in two games with the Brewers. He had been pitching for Triple-A Nashville. The right-hander is 2-4 with a 3.54 ERA and one save in 61 career games. Gonzalez is 26-33 with a 4.92 ERA in 109 games.

Boik14 said:
Can we just give wright the lifetime 12-13 year deal now so that even we cant F this up? I mean this kid is what every player should be.

The Mets are going to trade Wright for David Bell of my Phillies straight up. :D

Roman529 said:
The Mets are going to trade Wright for David Bell of my Phillies straight up. :D
Ha you should have asked for that when jim duquette and jeff wilpon were sharing gm duties cause now that we have a real gm in place it wont happen. you missed your opportunity to rip em off.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Mets acquire RHP Adams for Gonzalez
- The New York Mets made their third trade for pitching in three days, sending right-hander Jeremi Gonzalez to the Milwaukee Brewers on Friday for reliever Mike Adams.

Gonzalez was designated for assignment after pitching six innings in a 5-3 loss to the Philadelphia Phillies on Thursday. He had a 7.71 ERA in three starts with the Mets, and is expected to join the Brewers on Sunday.
Adams had an 11.57 ERA in two games with the Brewers. He had been pitching for Triple-A Nashville. The right-hander is 2-4 with a 3.54 ERA and one save in 61 career games. Gonzalez is 26-33 with a 4.92 ERA in 109 games.

Another nice deal. Adams was good when he pitched last year (2.70 ERA in 13 innings) and good the year before, too (3.40 ERA in 53 innings). Gonzalez obviously didn't fit into the team's plans. We're going to need some guys to take heat off Wagner, Sanchez and Heilman, who absolutely CANNOT continue their current workrate all season.

Wrights 3rd walk off hit this year and the mets have 3 in a row. Their 9th win in their final AB.

Great job by chavez to start the rally and reyes recovered after not being able to get that bunt down to single chavez home. Then D wright showed why hes the man!

seriously though we still need another sp cause trax stunk tonight.

good win tonight, but once again the bats had to bail out the bullpen. Nice game by Valentine tonight, he is hitting the ball well lately.

mixmaster_matt said:
good win tonight, but once again the bats had to bail out the bullpen. Nice game by Valentine tonight, he is hitting the ball well lately.
Another mets fan? If so :welcome:

And yeah, Valentin is playing like he wants the 2b job...bustsui sure doesnt. And while the bats had to bail out the pen sometimes one area of the team has to pick up another just as the bats picked up trax after he blew that 4-1 lead earlier.

I give Valentin a lot of credit. We were all throwing him under the bus after his awful start, but he's picked it up quite well. Still, I'd rather use him as a utilityman at several different positions, because if he's playing 2B, the bench is nothing. That's not to say that we should start Matsui, rather that Woodward or perhaps someone currently on another roster would be a better choice.

Boik14 said:
Another mets fan? If so :welcome:

And yeah, Valentin is playing like he wants the 2b job...bustsui sure doesnt. And while the bats had to bail out the pen sometimes one area of the team has to pick up another just as the bats picked up trax after he blew that 4-1 lead earlier.

Yeah, big Mets fan here. I think I am going to be at one of the Mets games this weekend, against the Giants. Just wondering which promotion I want. Friday is free Pedro t-shirt, saturday is Free Hat, and sunday is Free Negro League commemerative(sp) day. I think I will be there for Friday and Saturdays game.

mixmaster_matt said:
Yeah, big Mets fan here. I think I am going to be at one of the Mets games this weekend, against the Giants. Just wondering which promotion I want. Friday is free Pedro t-shirt, saturday is Free Hat, and sunday is Free Negro League commemerative(sp) day. I think I will be there for Friday and Saturdays game.

What's the Sunday giveaway? If it's a Negro League hat, you gotta go for that one. The t-shirts always suck; it'll have a poorly screen printed "Martinez 45" on the back, and a giant "Kahn's Hot Dogs" label on the front, or whatever.

Anyway, welcome to the thread!

Boik14 said:
Wrights 3rd walk off hit this year and the mets have 3 in a row. Their 9th win in their final AB.

Great job by chavez to start the rally and reyes recovered after not being able to get that bunt down to single chavez home. Then D wright showed why hes the man!

Another lucky 9th inning comeback.

phunwin said:
What's the Sunday giveaway? If it's a Negro League hat, you gotta go for that one. The t-shirts always suck; it'll have a poorly screen printed "Martinez 45" on the back, and a giant "Kahn's Hot Dogs" label on the front, or whatever.

Anyway, welcome to the thread!

It is just some small book, like a gameday or something. i know the shirts suck, I was just letting some people know about the promotions. I will be there regardless of what they are giving out.

Back
Top Bottom