The Official 2006 New York Yankees Thread! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2006 New York Yankees Thread!

MikeO said:
The A's usually don't roll over and play dead till October. They might win a couple this week!
Nothing like bringing up the past...like usual.

Our immortal Yankees homer fails to mention that the A's that rolled over and choked in round 1 of the playoffs the last three times they made it to the playoffs are TOTALLY different then the current Oakland A's.

There are 3 players left on the A's roster from the last time they made the playoffs, Zito, Chavez and Harden...and Harden was a 21 year old rookie that year.

Saying the A's trend towards October failure when the make up of the team is TOTALLY different is like calling the Patriots playoff chokers because they got killed in Super Bowl 20....

Keep living in the past my friend. With your pitching staff you'll need the past.

unifiedtheory said:
Nothing like bringing up the past...like usual.

Our immortal Yankees homer fails to mention that the A's that rolled over and choked in round 1 of the playoffs the last three times they made it to the playoffs are TOTALLY different then the current Oakland A's.

There are 3 players left on the A's roster from the last time they made the playoffs, Zito, Chavez and Harden...and Harden was a 21 year old rookie that year.

Saying the A's trend towards October failure when the make up of the team is TOTALLY different is like calling the Patriots playoff chokers because they got killed in Super Bowl 20....

Keep living in the past my friend. With your pitching staff you'll need the past.

Exactly, the A's trend of October failures is over. Now they just don't make the playoffs! :sidelol:

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Exactly, the A's trend of October failures is over. Now they just don't make the playoffs! :sidelol:
Let the fun ensue...

A laughable payroll, Rich Harden misses 15 starts, Bobby Crosby misses 70+ games, a rookie closer (after Dotel blew his elbow up), two rookie starting pitchers, a rookie DH and a rookie right fielder.

They still had a good year, erasing a double didget lead by the Angels to stay in it until the final week. The injuries and youth caught up to them in the end.

I'm not making excuses. I was impressed with my A's last year. They had a good year in a rebuilding year.

Laugh now...they are a different team this year. With health and any offense what so ever they'll be in the hunt in October....THEN we can discuss October gag jobs.

Just remember, to gag in October you have to be playing in October. Hopefully we'll see you there since we know that if we play the A's, we'll be moving on!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Just remember, to gag in October you have to be playing in October. Hopefully we'll see you there since we know that if we play the A's, we'll be moving on!

No worries there...I just want the A's to make the playoffs...

I'll take Zito, Harden, Blanton and Haren over whatever raisins the Yankees will trot out there in a 5 game series though...

I'm just busting your chops bro, it's a long season and anything can happen. You guys got a good team and your staff is disgusting. Good luck within your division this year. I'd much rather see you guys win it then the Angels for obvious reasons!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
I'm just busting your chops bro, it's a long season and anything can happen. You guys got a good team and your staff is disgusting. Good luck within your division this year. I'd much rather see you guys win it then the Angels for obvious reasons!
:lol:
Yes, the staff is nice but I'm always worried about Harden. Those oblique injuries with pitchers are always a pain in the ***. Haren and Blanton HAVE to build on fine rookie years. If they come out and **** the bed in April and May like last year it could trouble.

At least you don't have to worry about offense. I have to rely on Frank Thomas being able to stay upright long enough to get 400 AB's and Milton Bradley to not go insane or my offense will be all Chavvy, Crosby and Johnson. Without production from Bradley and Thomas the A's offense is pop-gun...

unifiedtheory said:
Yes, the staff is nice but I'm always worried about Harden. Those oblique injuries with pitchers are always a pain in the ***. Haren and Blanton HAVE to build on fine rookie years. If they come out and **** the bed in April and May like last year it could trouble.

At least you don't have to worry about offense. I have to rely on Frank Thomas being able to stay upright long enough to get 400 AB's and Milton Bradley to not go insane or my offense will be all Chavvy, Crosby and Johnson. Without production from Bradley and Thomas the A's offense is pop-gun...

No love for Nick Swisher?

The guy is going to be a very good player. 21 homers in his rookie campaign is pretty damn impressive. And like you mentioned earlier, you guys have the best staff in baseball, bar none. The A's are for real this year (AL West Champions) if they can just stay healthy!

Goodluck this year Unified.. I don't see you needing much of it with that staff. BTW, Milton Bradley may very well be insane, but he's an underrated ballplayer.. teamed up with Kotsay and Swisher, that's a very good outfield.

FaninPatsyLand said:
No love for Nick Swisher?

The guy is going to be a very good player. 21 homers in his rookie campaign is pretty damn impressive. And like you mentioned earlier, you guys have the best staff in baseball, bar none. The A's are for real this year (AL West Champions) if they can just stay healthy!

Goodluck this year Unified.. I don't see you needing much of it with that staff. BTW, Milton Bradley may very well be insane, but he's an underrated ballplayer.. teamed up with Kotsay and Swisher, that's a very good outfield.

Swish is in a tough spot. He is not a very good defensive outfielder, but to get him and Dan Johnson their AB's he has to play left. Swisher is destined to play first base. I think he'll settle in there next year and Dan Johnson will be the full time DH.

will the yankees have another losing record against the d-rays this year? my guess is yes.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Damon K's in his debut in pinstripes!

Can't wait to read what he says in the papers about that one. Knowing Damon and his hard on for the Red Sox, he'll probably say "ah I didn't worry about it because Coco Ked in his first at bat too"

Back
Top Bottom