The Official 2006 New York Yankees Thread! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2006 New York Yankees Thread!

Tonight is where we see if everything Torre said about Moose is true. He said he's CONSISTANTLY hitting 92 on the radar (anyone who knows Moose knows when his game is off his fastball is around 88-90, which was most of last season) and he said his curve is the best it's been since he's seen him with Baltimore. Tonight we'll see!

The NY Yankees all got herpes of the mouth from bein under Steinbrenners desk b4 he offers em that $$$$........all a bunch of overpayed ***** (I love my phins though)

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Tonight is where we see if everything Torre said about Moose is true. He said he's CONSISTANTLY hitting 92 on the radar (anyone who knows Moose knows when his game is off his fastball is around 88-90, which was most of last season) and he said his curve is the best it's been since he's seen him with Baltimore. Tonight we'll see!

The Yankees will have their hands full tonight against what I think is one of the top 3 pitchers in the AL in Rich Harden (Johan Santana and Halladay are the other 2).

Should be a good game (although anything will be better than that 16 to 2 game)

Mentioning the Yankees payroll:

:deadhorse

And I love it how those who aren't Yankees fans feel it is his or her right to hate them.

TheYankees have an owner who is obsessed with winning. Why do you play if you don't want to win?

Phinz4Life said:
Mentioning the Yankees payroll:

:deadhorse

And I love it how those who aren't Yankees fans feel it is his or her right to hate them.

TheYankees have an owner who is obsessed with winning. Why do you play if you don't want to win?

totally agree with you about the payroll thing...people seriously need to drop it. There have been countless times a team with a small payroll has done big things during a season...like Oakland has done. It's not about spending the most money...it's about finding the right players. It shouldn't matter how much money you shell out to your players. You do what you can to win. And even though I despise the Yankees and George...they do a great job at that.

They're playing tonight which is a good thing. I can already see Moose gone by the 6th with his pitch count. I hope I am wrong but after the 10 pitch at bat to Kotsay, I won't hold my breath!

gunnakillbrady said:
The NY Yankees all got herpes of the mouth from bein under Steinbrenners desk b4 he offers em that $$$$........all a bunch of overpayed ***** (I love my phins though)
u make a vaild point

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
They're playing tonight which is a good thing. I can already see Moose gone by the 6th with his pitch count. I hope I am wrong but after the 10 pitch at bat to Kotsay, I won't hold my breath!
From the way Harden is going he'll be lucky to go 5...61 pitches through 3 innings.

On another note, you guys are lucky (American's in general). Being in Canada I get stuck with whatever the Canadian stations throw my way....that means a LOT of Blue Jays and a LOT of Mariners living so close to Seattle.

The way things are going, I'll get maybe 15 A's games this year....MLB.TV is looking really good at this point. I don't know how long I'll be able to stand watching games in that little FLASH box on the A's site.

Does anyone have MLB.TV or know anyone who has it? I wanna know what the picture quality is like.

This is looking like the Moose of last year. He starts off the game great and your thinking damn, "Moose looks like he's going to have a great night." Then a homerun, a couple of hits, and you start to see him unravel. I hope I am wrong again but this is looking similar to the Moose of 05, a Moose who can't get the job done!

Alright, not the best inning for Moose but at least he escaped only giving up 2 runs. I hope we can get at least 3 more out of him (4 would be a dream)!

unifiedtheory said:
From the way Harden is going he'll be lucky to go 5...61 pitches through 3 innings.

On another note, you guys are lucky (American's in general). Being in Canada I get stuck with whatever the Canadian stations throw my way....that means a LOT of Blue Jays and a LOT of Mariners living so close to Seattle.

The way things are going, I'll get maybe 15 A's games this year....MLB.TV is looking really good at this point. I don't know how long I'll be able to stand watching games in that little FLASH box on the A's site.

Does anyone have MLB.TV or know anyone who has it? I wanna know what the picture quality is like.

Can you possibly get the MLB Extra Innings Package from your cable provider? I have that and am very happy with it. I'm not sure if they have A's games on every night but I'm guessing they have a lot of their games. They have between 10 to 12 games a night and usually don't show the bad teams such as KC,Tampa Bay, Pirates, Reds etc unless they are playing a more popular/better team.

I think FinNNYanksFan13 has or had the MLB.TV thing though.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
This is looking like the Moose of last year. He starts off the game great and your thinking damn, "Moose looks like he's going to have a great night." Then a homerun, a couple of hits, and you start to see him unravel. I hope I am wrong again but this is looking similar to the Moose of 05, a Moose who can't get the job done!

Well, I'm seeing the Eric Chavez of last year right now to...

He HAS to start hitting in April/May. The guy is hitless this year and in typical Chavez fashion, is coming up small in big situations.

Ray Finkle said:
Can you possibly get the MLB Extra Innings Package from your cable provider? I have that and am very happy with it. I'm not sure if they have A's games on every night but I'm guessing they have a lot of their games. They have between 10 to 12 games a night and usually don't show the bad teams such as KC,Tampa Bay, Pirates, Reds etc unless they are playing a more popular/better team.

I think FinNNYanksFan13 has or had the MLB.TV thing though.

My piece of crap cable providor is about 5 years behind...It will have MLB extra innings available in a couple of years.

I'm to the point now where I'm ready to get an illegal American satellite dish.

I'd love to get into the politics of Canadian television, you'd all get a good laugh out of it but, this is a baseball thread and I don't want to TOTALLY change the topic...

Plus, discussing it makes me far too irate...:lol:

Back
Top Bottom