The Official 2006 New York Yankees Thread! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2006 New York Yankees Thread!

unifiedtheory said:
From the way Harden is going he'll be lucky to go 5...61 pitches through 3 innings.

On another note, you guys are lucky (American's in general). Being in Canada I get stuck with whatever the Canadian stations throw my way....that means a LOT of Blue Jays and a LOT of Mariners living so close to Seattle.

The way things are going, I'll get maybe 15 A's games this year....MLB.TV is looking really good at this point. I don't know how long I'll be able to stand watching games in that little FLASH box on the A's site.

Does anyone have MLB.TV or know anyone who has it? I wanna know what the picture quality is like.
whats wrong with that?:wink:

unifiedtheory said:
My piece of crap cable providor is about 5 years behind...It will have MLB extra innings available in a couple of years.

I'm to the point now where I'm ready to get an illegal American satellite dish.

I'd love to get into the politics of Canadian television, you'd all get a good laugh out of it but, this is a baseball thread and I don't want to TOTALLY change the topic...

Plus, discussing it makes me far too irate...:lol:

:lol: Sorry man. I'd say if you have a good internet connection and have the money to drop 80 bucks or so try out MLB TV. I mean you get all the games so why not give it a shot.

One of my friends has MLB TV and likes it a lot. He actually gave me his user name and password to try it out yesterday but I had a bad internet connection with a heavy firewall so it didn't work out too well for me when I tried it.

unifiedtheory said:
This just in...Hideki Matsui is REALLY, REALLY good...the most underrated position player in baseball without a doubt in my mind.

I love Matsui. I paid 228 bills for his jersey in 03 (the jersey with the 100 year patch on it) and chose him over Wells and Clemens. He's one of my favorites because he's so humble. I'm glad we re-signed him. Guys like Matsui and Damon are good for the Yankees and seeing Matsui get off to such a good start is a relief!

Ray Finkle said:
:lol: Sorry man. I'd say if you have a good internet connection and have the money to drop 80 bucks or so try out MLB TV. I mean you get all the games so why not give it a shot.

One of my friends has MLB TV and likes it a lot. He actually gave me his user name and password to try it out yesterday but I had a bad internet connection with a heavy firewall so it didn't work out too well for me when I tried it.

I got MLB TV and it is more then worth the money. You get every game live (except for the teams in your area) and every game archived. The NFL needs to take a page out of MLB's book and get something like this on NFL.com. To many fans have to suffer by missing their favorite teams games because they don't have direct TV!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
I love Matsui. I paid 228 bills for his jersey in 03 (the jersey with the 100 year patch on it) and chose him over Wells and Clemens. He's one of my favorites because he's so humble. I'm glad we re-signed him. Guys like Matsui and Damon are good for the Yankees and seeing Matsui get off to such a good start is a relief!

As a Red Sox fan I respect the hell out of Matsui and he scares me everytime he comes to the plate against my team. He has the old school mindset (just goes out and plays hard everyday).

It's a good thing you didn't get a Clemens or Wells jeresy huh? :wink:

Ray Finkle said:
As a Red Sox fan I respect the hell out of Matsui and he scares me everytime he comes to the plate against my team. He has the old school mindset (just goes out and plays hard everyday).

It's a good thing you didn't get a Clemens or Wells jeresy huh? :wink:

Honestly I cheered for Clemens when he was a Yankee (because I cheer for all Yankees since I am a fan) but I never really liked him, his personality just didn't allow me too. That's one thing I can say about Johnny Damon, even though he killed us with the Red Sox, he has such a good personality it's tough not to like him. Plus I always felt Clemens used the Yankees to get his rings and secure his legacy. That was the only thing missing from his career when he arrived.

As far as Wells, I loved Wells and never wanted him to leave. If Wells never went to Boston I would still be a huge fan of his but once he signed with the Red Sox I lost all respect for him. David Wells signing with Boston was like Damon signing with the Yankees, even worse IMO since Wells seemed to embody Babe Ruth more then any Yankee in recent history. I just could never picture Wells going to Boston and now that he has, it has changed my opinion of him completely. To make a long story short, I'm glad as hell I bought the Matsui jersey! :lol:

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Honestly I cheered for Clemens when he was a Yankee (because I cheer for all Yankees since I am a fan) but I never really liked him, his personality just didn't allow me too. That's one thing I can say about Johnny Damon, even though he killed us with the Red Sox, he has such a good personality it's tough not to like him. Plus I always felt Clemens used the Yankees to get his rings and secure his legacy. That was the only thing missing from his career when he arrived.

As far as Wells, I loved Wells and never wanted him to leave. If Wells never went to Boston I would still be a huge fan of his but once he signed with the Red Sox I lost all respect for him. David Wells signing with Boston was like Damon signing with the Yankees, even worse IMO since Wells seemed to embody Babe Ruth more then any Yankee in recent history. I just could never picture Wells going to Boston and now that he has, it has changed my opinion of him completely. To make a long story short, I'm glad as hell I bought the Matsui jersey! :lol:

Damon has a great personality no question about that. I didn't mind that he signed with the Yankees at all. I do however have a problem with him now because all during spring in any news article or quote I read about him he was talking about the Red Sox all the time. He had his opinions on every Red Sox move that they made and I honestly felt like he wished he was still with the Sox but since he wasn't felt the need to bash them. The one thing that totally turned me off for good with Damon was the comment he made how the reason he signed with the Yankees for the extra 3 million a year was because he was going to use that money to give to charities. I felt that made him look bad.

Clemens was my first favorite baseball player and even when I met him and he was an absolute dick to me I still cheered for the guy and always in my heart liked him. I'd love to see him come back to Boston one more time.

I almost loved Wells strangely enough. Even when he was with the Yankees (maybe because when I met David Cone and him both are very nice to me and I also rooted for them to do well, I also said to myself if the Yankees are going to win anyway why not have Cone and Wells get the W).

Genius move of the night:

Bringing in Scott Proctor in a 3/3 game in the bottom of the ninth when Kyle Farnsworth is avaliable.

:shakeno:

Phinz4Life said:
Genius move of the night:

Bringing in Scott Proctor in a 3/3 game in the bottom of the ninth when Kyle Farnsworth is avaliable.

:shakeno:

It's an even worse move when you consider that Proctor is going through some serious family problems and wasn't even with the team until Monday during the day I believe!

Wang tonight. I'm curious to see how he responds to a new season after a succesful rookie year. Plus I think tonight there debuting the Yankees batting practice show or whatever. Not sure if they had it last night but I can't imagine they did with all the rain!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Wang tonight. I'm curious to see how he responds to a new season after a succesful rookie year. Plus I think tonight there debuting the Yankees batting practice show or whatever. Not sure if they had it last night but I can't imagine they did with all the rain!

I predict a no hitter from Wang with 20 SO's.

Okay, so, realistically, I think Wang can hold them under 3 and go for 7+ innings.

Back
Top Bottom