The Official 2006 New York Yankees Thread! | Page 54 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2006 New York Yankees Thread!

Went to the game today. Pretty pissed a-Rod and Giambi didn't play, but we got the win regardless.

Damon

Jeter
attachment.php

Cano

Jeter and Damon :lol:

The Orioles beating the Yankees 10-0 in the 5th. :eek:

Roman529 said:
The Orioles beating the Yankees 10-0 in the 5th. :eek:

If the Yankees had to lose today it was the best thing for them getting blown out. That way they don't have to use their better arms in the pen and rest them up for the 4 game series vs. the Sox.

Of course Jeter's injury is something a Yankee fan didn't want to see.

does anyone think the team will be dismantled if they dont make the playoffs?

Rixon said:

No, how could they dismantle the team? They have tons of older players with huge contracts. The only ones on the team who have good contracts are Proctor, Wang, Chacon, Cano and the other Triple A players up (Melky, Phillips, Thompson)

wow crazy game
Beckett 1 1/3 IP, 8 ER
Muss looked a little shaky, gave up 4

ill be at the game Wed. Schilling vs wright.......lol gulp
i hope jeters thumb is alright.

That poor farm system we have no with prospects really looked like crap tonight! :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Rixon said:

Well Sheff is gone no matter what.

Posada will probaby be gone or he will have to take a huge paycut. He has a lot of wear and tear on him.

Mussiana is pitching for a contract. And doing a damn good job of it.

But Matsui, Giambi, ARod, Jeter, Randy, Mo,...etc. Those guys aren't going anywhere.

Just 1 game. Nice win but nothing huge. It's still early June.

Beckett is learing what Clement, Pavano, Randy, Vazquez, and others have learned. Going from the NL to the AL is no treat these days. It's night and day. Schilling has been the ONLY one to pull it off with any success in recent years. The ONLY one.

It's no wonder that guys like Roger, Pedro, Pettite, Arroyo, Lowe, Hudsen, Mulder among others all go to the NL and have career years!!!!!!

As a Yanks fan I was hoping for a split, but after getting to Beckett taking 3 of 4 isn't out of the question now.

I forgot it was a 4 game series, I was hoping for 1 more and a series win. Now I want 2 of the next 3.

MikeO said:

Beckett is learing what Clement, Pavano, Randy, Vazquez, and others have learned. Going from the NL to the AL is no treat these days. It's night and day. Schilling has been the ONLY one to pull it off with any success in recent years. The ONLY one.

It's no wonder that guys like Roger, Pedro, Pettite, Arroyo, Lowe, Hudsen, Mulder among others all go to the NL and have career years!!!!!!

As a Yanks fan I was hoping for a split, but after getting to Beckett taking 3 of 4 isn't out of the question now.

lately Hudson has been struggling though

MikeO said:

Not for nothing though but Beckett pitched well against AL teams when in the NL even against NY. I don't see it as an AL/NL thing I see it as a mechanics issue regarding our pitching coach and preventing blisters.

Moving to the AL doesn't account for him getting shelled last night, maybe it results in him having a higher overall season ERA of high 3 / 4+, but Beckett's problem, IMO, is deeper than variance in lineup stength. Neither is RJ's for that matter.. He's just realizing now that he can't just overpower batters anymore due to his age, be it in either league.

Back
Top Bottom