The Official 2007 Boston Red Sox Thread | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2007 Boston Red Sox Thread

Good seeing th bottom of the order guys like Coco and Varitek get going tonight. This could be the game that turns Coco around.

Okajima is impressive... so nice to see us with a potent lefty setup man ....

That was no walk to Abreu in the 9th either; that 2-2 slider was a STRIKE!!!

Okajima is impressive... so nice to see us with a potent lefty setup man ....

That was no walk to Abreu in the 9th either; that 2-2 slider was a STRIKE!!!

No doubt.

And let's not forget Okajima is only a rookie to us. I was killing Francona for not using Papelbon. Now, Tito looks like a genious.

Schilling looked old and was not ready for that game. Too much pressure early on?

I just think he had trouble with his location like in KC. Remember his last outing was brillant against the Angels. I don't think we'll see the dominate Schilling anymore but he has the brains to be more of a location pitcher. I think you have to give the Yankee hitters credit too as they were on fire tonight.

as much as I dislike him, there is no arguing that ARod is a straight up beast this season...:shakeno:

one downside, to me, is that i must concede that Pedroia looks lost... he's just not ready for big league pitching...

i was optimistic about his development, but i'm seeing bad signs ...

one downside, to me, is that i must concede that Pedroia looks lost... he's just not ready for big league pitching...

i was optimistic about his development, but i'm seeing bad signs ...

Well if Coco and/or Varitek start hitting it wouldn't be a problem. I still think it's early to get on him, as even he admitted he's always been a slow starter, some guys just are. It might take him awhile to adjust to seeing these pitchers for perhaps the first time. On the plus side for him he's a hell of a defensive second baseman and the guy does take some walks. I feel more comfortable with him at the plate than Varitek and Coco at times.

If this were the middle of May then yes I'd be worried too. It seems to me that Pedroia is a mix between a David Eckstein and Adam Kennedy.

Good win again today/night. I liked how the team played small ball with the bunts and also typical AL baseball with the home run by Ortiz. Beckett pitched decent I'll take 6 plus IP from him and 3 ER any time out vs. the Yankees. Ohkjima has been awesome for us so far. I'm shocked Timlim didn't give up a hit or walk. Papelbon was lights out once again.

Coco and Varitek continued to swing the bats well today. Good to see the Sox finally beat up a pitcher they should (which they haven't done much this year).

Tomorrow we go for the sweep with Daisuke. Can't wait.

great win today, looking forward to watching Matsuzaka in tommorrow's matchup..hopefully the bats won't disappear this time.

Back
Top Bottom