The Official Dolphins Make Playoffs Thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official Dolphins Make Playoffs Thread

DolFan707

Almost There Since 1973...
Reaction score
Why can't it happen? I know we went 1-15 last year, but we have seen Parcells work miracles before and who is to say he can't do it in '08

let's go over the whole AFC:

EAST:

Patriots- ok they make the playoffs every year
Bills- no better than us
Jets- unstable team with old qb and didnt do well last year

NORTH:
Ravens- can't even find a QB
Bengals- do terrible every year, QB is injured, bad defense
Browns- I know people like them and stuff but they don't have a great running game and I don't see Anderson doing as well as last year
Steelers- will make playoffs

SOUTH:
Colts- have some problems and could end up in the wild card spot
Jaguars- could do well this year, like last year
Texans- don't see them making playoffs
Titans- its possible that Young bounces back from an off year and does well but they don't have enough playmakers to be a serious threat.

WEST:
Chargers- my pick for the super bowl
Broncos- no big improvements from last years disappointing team
Chiefs- c'mon they are a joke this year
Raiders- not much better than Chiefs

PLAYOFF SEEDS:
1. Patriots
2. Chargers
3. Steelers
4. Jaguars
5. Colts
6. DOLPHINS

Why can't it happen? I know we went 1-15 last year, but we have seen Parcells work miracles before and who is to say he can't do it in '08

EAST:

Bills- no better than us

NORTH:
Browns- I know people like them and stuff but they don't have a great running game and I don't see Anderson doing as well as last year

SOUTH:
Titans- its possible that Young bounces back from an off year and does well but they don't have enough playmakers to be a serious threat.

WEST:

PLAYOFF SEEDS:
1. Patriots
2. Chargers
3. Steelers
4. Jaguars
5. Colts
6. DOLPHINS

our first 4 games are the hardest of the schedule...if we can make it out AT LEAST 2-2....we might have a shot at the playoffs...but I just have this gut feeling that if we lose to the Jets week 1,we arent winning more than 6 games.But if we can beat the Jets,and build our confidence up,I think we can be a team to look out for...Still,like an earlier poster said...were doing good,but lets not get carried away here.In order for the Phins to make the playoffs...not only will we have to AT LEAST be the second best in the division,but we HAVE to hope that other palyoffs potential teams chocke or have bad injuries,which dont seem likey...still,anything is possible,but lets just see how we do in week 1,then m,maybe we can talk playoffs...

Alright, I'm on board!

My only disagreement would be your Super Bowl pick. I think with the recent developments on Merriman that it will greatly change the dynamics of the Chargers defense. So with that being said hopefully we will be the latest wild card team to advance in the playoffs and win the Super Bowl. Hey, there's no harm in wishful thinking, especially when its a brand new season.

Slow down or you going to set yourself up for disappointment. IMO we are much better but I think the playoffs are a year or two away.

If we start out 3-0 we will make the playoffs. If we don't, we won't.

We won a couple of meaningless pre season games so don't have us as a playoff team because of it. I am trying to remain cautiously optimistic about the season but I don't think we will make the playoffs this year. Next season maybe.

Im down. Hey nobody expected the marlins to be in the hunt for the playoffs, but they are anyway. Why cant the dolphins?

Do you guys remember where the Patsies were in our division right before they came out of nowhere to surprise everyone, yeah, it's possible. If our lines solidify it can change everything and happen pretty quickly. Faith Men.

EAST:

Bills- no better than us

NORTH:

SOUTH:

WEST:

PLAYOFF SEEDS:
1. Patriots
2. Chargers
3. Steelers
4. Jaguars
5. Colts
6. DOLPHINS

I think your not giving other teams enough credit. We will improve that I'm sure. And I feel we will be in most games and even be capable of pulling off an upset or two. But we might need ten wins to make the playoffs, I just don't see that happening.

It's amazing what a preseason victory over the Chiefs can do for the soul.

No Way!!!

EAST:

Patriots- ok they make the playoffs every year (Yes they do and even though they're gonna be HUMAN this year and only win 12 games they'll lead our division. They also have the easiest schedule in the NFL)

Bills- no better than us (Ummmm... Have you SEEN them? They are MUCH improved behind the big arm of their rookie QB and Donte Whitner's solid safety play! They just OBLITERATED the Colts on pre-season game 3!)

Jets- unstable team with old qb and didnt do well last year (Are you nuts? With Brett Favre, Coles, Crotchery, the revamped O-Line and Thomas Jones and Leon Washington running the ball, the Jets are gonna be pretty damn hard to beat! Anytime you have steady QB play a so-so team can play just well enough to win. But Favre isn't just so-so, he's hall of fame great. His command of that first game plan will be spectacular and it's gonna be a tough, tough test for our team to hang in there against him. The Jets and Bills no longer suck, they are both RESPECTABLE. Trust me! The REDSKINS suck!)

NORTH:
Ravens- can't even find a QB (They're gonna suffer on BOTH sides of the ball this year, I truly believe that.)
Bengals- do terrible every year, QB is injured, bad defense (I think that their defense actually takes a step backwards this year)
Browns- I know people like them and stuff but they don't have a great running game and I don't see Anderson doing as well as last year (Ummm wrong, the running game will be very, very good. It's the old linebackers that will kill them. They couldn't get out into the flat against Detroit and Kitna had an easy day out there because of it.)
Steelers- will make playoffs (Rothlisberger is simply too good)

SOUTH:
Colts- have some problems and could end up in the wild card spot (C'mon, are you kidding? HAHAHAHA!!!)
Jaguars- could do well this year, like last year (We can beat this team)
Texans- don't see them making playoffs (We can beat them too)
Titans- its possible that Young bounces back from an off year and does well but they don't have enough playmakers to be a serious threat. (I think that they move backwards this year)

WEST:
Chargers- my pick for the super bowl (Pretty unstoppable)
Broncos- no big improvements from last years disappointing team (You're crazy, the QB is healthy and making great reads out there. They're playoff bound, Buddy!)
Chiefs- c'mon they are a joke this year (Worst team in the league)
Raiders- not much better than Chiefs (Improved against the run, soft against the pass and the Offense will be one dimensional)

PLAYOFF SEEDS:
1. Chargers
2. Colts
3. Patriots
4. Steelers
5. Broncos
6. Jets

Back
Top Bottom