The Official Dolphins Make Playoffs Thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official Dolphins Make Playoffs Thread

EAST:

Patriots- ok they make the playoffs every year (Yes they do and even though they're gonna be HUMAN this year and only win 12 games they'll lead our division. They also have the easiest schedule in the NFL)

Bills- no better than us (Ummmm... Have you SEEN them? They are MUCH improved behind the big arm of their rookie QB and Donte Whitner's solid safety play! They just OBLITERATED the Colts on pre-season game 3!)

Jets- unstable team with old qb and didnt do well last year (Are you nuts? With Brett Favre, Coles, Crotchery, the revamped O-Line and Thomas Jones and Leon Washington running the ball, the Jets are gonna be pretty damn hard to beat! Anytime you have steady QB play a so-so team can play just well enough to win. But Favre isn't just so-so, he's hall of fame great. His command of that first game plan will be spectacular and it's gonna be a tough, tough test for our team to hang in there against him. The Jets and Bills no longer suck, they are both RESPECTABLE. Trust me! The REDSKINS suck!)

NORTH:
Ravens- can't even find a QB (They're gonna suffer on BOTH sides of the ball this year, I truly believe that.)
Bengals- do terrible every year, QB is injured, bad defense (I think that their defense actually takes a step backwards this year)
Browns- I know people like them and stuff but they don't have a great running game and I don't see Anderson doing as well as last year (Ummm wrong, the running game will be very, very good. It's the old linebackers that will kill them. They couldn't get out into the flat against Detroit and Kitna had an easy day out there because of it.)
Steelers- will make playoffs (Rothlisberger is simply too good)

SOUTH:
Colts- have some problems and could end up in the wild card spot (C'mon, are you kidding? HAHAHAHA!!!)
Jaguars- could do well this year, like last year (We can beat this team)
Texans- don't see them making playoffs (We can beat them too)
Titans- its possible that Young bounces back from an off year and does well but they don't have enough playmakers to be a serious threat. (I think that they move backwards this year)

WEST:
Chargers- my pick for the super bowl (Pretty unstoppable)
Broncos- no big improvements from last years disappointing team (You're crazy, the QB is healthy and making great reads out there. They're playoff bound, Buddy!)
Chiefs- c'mon they are a joke this year (Worst team in the league)
Raiders- not much better than Chiefs (Improved against the run, soft against the pass and the Offense will be one dimensional)

PLAYOFF SEEDS:
1. Chargers
2. Colts
3. Patriots
4. Steelers
5. Broncos
6. Jets

I think this is a pretty accurate breakdown. The only difference I see is that the wildcards will be the Jags and the Bills. Thats right, The Bills. They are gonna be a tough team to beat. But the Bills could be substituted by the Jets! Yup! Tough to admit but the Jets are a solid team. The first game will be a true test of how competitive we can be. Cautious optimism!!

EAST:

Patriots- ok they make the playoffs every year (Yes they do and even though they're gonna be HUMAN this year and only win 12 games they'll lead our division. They also have the easiest schedule in the NFL)

Bills- no better than us (Ummmm... Have you SEEN them? They are MUCH improved behind the big arm of their rookie QB and Donte Whitner's solid safety play! They just OBLITERATED the Colts on pre-season game 3!)

Jets- unstable team with old qb and didnt do well last year (Are you nuts? With Brett Favre, Coles, Crotchery, the revamped O-Line and Thomas Jones and Leon Washington running the ball, the Jets are gonna be pretty damn hard to beat! Anytime you have steady QB play a so-so team can play just well enough to win. But Favre isn't just so-so, he's hall of fame great. His command of that first game plan will be spectacular and it's gonna be a tough, tough test for our team to hang in there against him. The Jets and Bills no longer suck, they are both RESPECTABLE. Trust me! The REDSKINS suck!)

NORTH:
Ravens- can't even find a QB (They're gonna suffer on BOTH sides of the ball this year, I truly believe that.)
Bengals- do terrible every year, QB is injured, bad defense (I think that their defense actually takes a step backwards this year)
Browns- I know people like them and stuff but they don't have a great running game and I don't see Anderson doing as well as last year (Ummm wrong, the running game will be very, very good. It's the old linebackers that will kill them. They couldn't get out into the flat against Detroit and Kitna had an easy day out there because of it.)
Steelers- will make playoffs (Rothlisberger is simply too good)

SOUTH:
Colts- have some problems and could end up in the wild card spot (C'mon, are you kidding? HAHAHAHA!!!)
Jaguars- could do well this year, like last year (We can beat this team)
Texans- don't see them making playoffs (We can beat them too)
Titans- its possible that Young bounces back from an off year and does well but they don't have enough playmakers to be a serious threat. (I think that they move backwards this year)

WEST:
Chargers- my pick for the super bowl (Pretty unstoppable)
Broncos- no big improvements from last years disappointing team (You're crazy, the QB is healthy and making great reads out there. They're playoff bound, Buddy!)
Chiefs- c'mon they are a joke this year (Worst team in the league)
Raiders- not much better than Chiefs (Improved against the run, soft against the pass and the Offense will be one dimensional)

PLAYOFF SEEDS:
1. Chargers
2. Colts
3. Patriots
4. Steelers
5. Broncos
6. Jets

since when were the raiders soft vs the pass after adding mr hall and im pretty sure the got 3 int's off leinart in 12 throws..
broncos will surprise the hell out of me if they sniff 9 wins.
and i think the texans and titans will be better than you guys i guess.
but as long as i dont feel like i did last year ill be happy

i dont like cautious optimism stinks. I know we need to be realisitic and its still the jets. Welll i hate those guys, ihate those guys so very badly everyday i am driven through life only with the thoughts of how bad i hate those guys.
I know we lack talent, stability at the qb and position, and that were going to try to stop the run with alot of young players. On the other hand im gonna drink my body weight in killians irish red and talk smack. I'm sorry ill pay for it monday morning but im still gonna do it. In closing were going to the playoffs 12-4.

i dont like cautious optimism stinks. I know we need to be realisitic and its still the jets. Welll i hate those guys, ihate those guys so very badly everyday i am driven through life only with the thoughts of how bad i hate those guys.
I know we lack talent, stability at the qb and position, and that were going to try to stop the run with alot of young players. On the other hand im gonna drink my body weight in killians irish red and talk smack. I'm sorry ill pay for it monday morning but im still gonna do it. In closing were going to the playoffs 12-4.
thats the drunk spirit:beer1::hi5::beer1::hi5:

I have just completed the first four games on Madden 09 and so far it looks good for us :-)

I'm playing Chad Henne though. He completes 70 % of his passes but so far has 1 TD and 8 INTs after 4 games. I know I suck - I just can't seem to score TDs.

But the Dolphins are 3-1, beating the Jets (9-6 OT), Cardinals, Pats (19-17) and losing only to the Chargers (7-21).

In that first game against the Jets, our secondary intercepted Favre 3 times :-) Guess who did it? Travis Daniels. All three of them. Daniels has four interceptions after four games.......and we traded him away???? ;-)

So, what I'd like to say is: we might have a chance at making the post-season.......you never know......

Slow down! I think we look much better than any of us had hoped, but we still have a long way to go. I agree anything is possible and the last 2 weeks things have looked up, but Cleveland was 10-6 last year and didn't get in. It takes a lot to make the playoffs in the AFC.

why can't fans be optimistic? go ahead and hope your team makes the playoffs, why not? its why we watch the games, in hopes they win, every week, no? listen, at the level these guys are playing, the difference in talent level is usually pretty slim. if you make the roster of an nfl team, you can play. intangibles like motivation, team chemistry, preparedness, coaching, conditioning, and a little luck, is what makes teams achieve, or over-achieve.

there is no reason miami can't play with teams and win more games than they lose. first off, they were not as bad as their record showed last year. all those intangibles I mentioned were missing last year. guy got injured because of poor conditioning, games were lost due to bad coaching and game planning, etc... there is a lot than can happen week to week in the nfl.

there are so many things up in the air just in the afc east. can tom brady play to his normal level with that foot problem? can favre be effective enough early on to keep the jets from imploding? what bills team will show up to start the year?

if miami can get out to a fast start and look up after week 6 and find themselves in the thick of the division race, look out.

Why can't it happen? I know we went 1-15 last year, but we have seen Parcells work miracles before and who is to say he can't do it in '08

let's go over the whole AFC:

EAST:

Patriots- ok they make the playoffs every year
Bills- no better than us
Jets- unstable team with old qb and didnt do well last year

NORTH:
Ravens- can't even find a QB
Bengals- do terrible every year, QB is injured, bad defense
Browns- I know people like them and stuff but they don't have a great running game and I don't see Anderson doing as well as last year
Steelers- will make playoffs

SOUTH:
Colts- have some problems and could end up in the wild card spot
Jaguars- could do well this year, like last year
Texans- don't see them making playoffs
Titans- its possible that Young bounces back from an off year and does well but they don't have enough playmakers to be a serious threat.

WEST:
Chargers- my pick for the super bowl
Broncos- no big improvements from last years disappointing team
Chiefs- c'mon they are a joke this year
Raiders- not much better than Chiefs

PLAYOFF SEEDS:
1. Patriots
2. Chargers
3. Steelers
4. Jaguars
5. Colts
6. DOLPHINS

Bills no better than us? Have been watching football or just Miami Dolphins football, because the bills are much better than us..

I am taking names. Once we make the playoffs Ill give each of you the chance to publicly admit that you were wrong....Those who fail to do so will be outted.....like Shawn Andrews (J/K) BTW has that guy went to camp as of yet?

and to the other person.. have YOU been watching football besides the dolphins? The bills beat the colts when half their starters didnt play. Hell, their 3rd and 4th string qb's started the game... and the 5 turnovers by them alone was enough to let the bills win only... 17-0? jesus heh oh, and all of the turnovers happened pretty much in the endzone... that score could have easily been 40 something to 10 colts.

anyway I can see this team getting the last wild card slot.. somehow slipping in. If the team stays healthy, and we run the ball down everyones throat like were built to do... its really, not that far off. Also, by that other logic I saw.. I see it every year, "well if a couple teams blow it and this and that, we can get in playoffs) thats the mentallity that causes losses. You go to the playoffs because you win games, not wait for everyone else to screw up.

I will tell you one thing . . . before the draft, playoffs would be UNTHINKABLE, impossible, no way in hell.

But now, after the past 2 weeks, it has become "would be suprising" and "not likely".

That definitely is a step in the right direction.

We have the ingredients of a playoff team.

Running game, Offensive Line . . . a solid, solid accurate veteran QB . . . and a defense that looks like it may be better than we all would have thought.

Don't count on the playoffs, but don't think this team is gonna play this year like it is meaningless . . because they may just sneak up and do the unexpected.

I currently have:

1. San Diego
2. New England
3. Indianapolis
4. Pittsburgh

Those are my locks:

Jacksonville, Cleveland, Tennessee, NY Jets, Denver and Baltimore (they need a QB to be serious though)

Those are the favorites for the last 2 spots.

and my watch out list includes:

Miami, Houston, Buffalo and . . . . Oakland (I like em).

Anything is possible fellas, but realize that even if this team goes 7-9 or something like that . . . that would be a HELL of a season, and next year, threads like this would be much more realistic.

I'm predicting the Patriots don't even make the playoffs.

I hate the Bills but I predict they win the division.
The Fins get a wild card.
Jets finish 6-10.

Pats
Chargers
Colts
Steelers
Jags
Broncos

Teams just outside of that will be the Bills, Titans, Browns and Jets.

In the AFC you must win 10 games to even have a chance of making the playoffs, the Fins will not win 10 games. This team has a long way to go so just be happy with an improved seasn, not outragous expectations.

I'm predicting the Patriots don't even make the playoffs.

I hate the Bills but I predict they win the division.
The Fins get a wild card.
Jets finish 6-10.

Stick to posting on forums, unless you can accurately predict that Brady and Moss both go down in week 1, because severe injuries is the only way that team doesn't make the playoffs . . . they wont be as good as last year, but they play the AFC EAST and the NFC West . . . arguably the 2 of the weaker divisions in the NFL . . . 10 games, I expect them to win atleast 7 of those game . . . more than likely 8 or 9.

Back
Top Bottom