The Official Draft Tim Tebow Thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official Draft Tim Tebow Thread

Roman529

Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew
Reaction score
I don't post a lot of threads in the Draft Forum, but I think Tim Tebow is the guy we should draft in the first round of the 2010 Draft.

I think a lot of you Kiper/McShay types are not that big on Tebow, and say he is a product of the Gator's system, but you cannot argue with his toughness or intelligence.

Too many "experts" are looking for someone with a big arm like a Cutler or Flacco, but all too often these QB's don't have the smarts to win games as they are always trying to force passes. I think Flacco has now developed into a QB where he takes what the defense gives him.

The Dolphins have repeatedly been looking for their franchise QB since Dan Marino retired. The only two quarterbacks who have been close to competant have been Fiedler and Pennington, and I would not put either of them up there as an elite QB. You see what Matt Ryan has done with the Falcons, Joe Flacco with the Ravens, and now Sanchez with the Jets. These teams have their franchise QB and they don't have to waste picks on trying to bring in another QB.....like the Phins have done with three consecutive 2nd round picks (Beck, Henne and White).

Let's face it.....we have had nothing but short term stop gap QB's who are all far from franchise QB's. I know sometimes it takes a little patience to see if a QB will develop, but I think Henne and White are just going to be career backups.

By drafting Tim Tebow we would have a high character QB who will do everything he can to make this team a winner. Many QB's are ok with losing, but not Tebow. I think Miami will likely draft somewhere around the middle of the 2010 draft and if Tebow is still on the board, I think we have to take him. Then we can move Jake Long to the Right Tackle spot and start focusing on our other needs, like acquiring a #1 wide receiver.

It's hard to win in the NFL with mediocrity at the QB spot....you need a guy who is mentally sharp and physically fit, and to me Tim Tebow is the right fit.

DRAFT TIM TEBOW IN 2010

I really like Tebow and hope he is a great NFL QB but come on really? We have used a second round pick 3 consecutive drafts on QB's. Not to mention we have a project option guy on the roster already named Pat White. I can think of about 6 other roster spots that need to be filled with a #1 pick namely a top wide out.

I really like Tebow and hope he is a great NFL QB but come on really? We have used a second round pick 3 consecutive drafts on QB's. Not to mention we have a project option guy on the roster already named Pat White. I can think of about 6 other roster spots that need to be filled with a #1 pick namely a top wide out.

That's our main problem....we draft 2nd round QB's thinking they are going to become something special. That's why winning organizations like the Falcons, Jets and Baltimore took Ryan, Sanchez and Flacco in the first round while we have taken guys in the 2nd who haven't amounted to much. I am willing to be patient with Henne and White, but I don't see them as franchise QB's. Yes, we have about six other roster spots that need to be filled, but we are never going to be an elite team without a top QB. Very few teams win with a mediocre QB unless they have a great defense, and we don't have that yet either. We can continue to be mediocre or we can take a franchise QB and then fit in the rest of the pieces. :up:

i'd be all for it. but i'm the biggest gator homer on the planet so i might not be the best one to talk about this objectively. if he can put up the same numbers that he has the past 3 years with his current group of receivers that will be extremely telling. one thing i can say for sure is if we draft him we'll be getting a proven winner and a class act. i've never seen a player that can will his team to win the way tebow does - he does not accept failure.

He's got 2 big a question mark on his ability to play qb at the next level to justify a 1st round pick from anybody but maybe the Jags and thats only because it would jump start ticket sales.

Tim Tebow is a combination of Rothlesburger and McNabb, IMO. He takes a little while to throw the ball...big freakin deal...so does Big Ben. He also has the determination like Big Ben. I think Timmy could have willed a win in last nights game against the Colts. Also, I think the spread (to a much lessor degree than what we see in college) is here to stay! Why does a QB have to take a snap under center? How often does Peyton and Brady take it under center? I agree that too many people listen to the talking heads saying that Tebow doesn't have the tangibles to be an elite QB. I say, "why not"? People are in awe about how good of a runner Tebow is and just assume he can't pass...like most other great running QBs. Tim Tebow can pass! He can zip it. He does it all the time. He can wing it 40 yards downfield with a flick.

Obviously, I'm biased to a certain degree being a Gator fan. I don't think Timmy is the best QB in the draft next year. I think Jevon Snead will be the best NFL QB of the bunch. Colt McCoy is like 5'10"...he won't make it. Bradford is a product of his system (look at what the backup did last week for OU...6 TDs)...albeit Bradford could be a "solid" NFL QB. Tebow will be the man and will be ripe for the picking at the time the Dolphins have to draft.

:possum4286:

Yeah let's draft a slow fullback with even slower throwing mechanics. Doesn't comedy belong in the lounge.

Tebow's delivery is like waiting at the clinic to see the doc........it takes too long....

IMO he has a 10% chance of ever being an NFL quarterback worth anything....but he's probably the best college football player there's ever been.....just doesn't translate well to the NFL for me....

Hell....Jake Locker will be the better pro quarterback.....lightning quick release....bigger arm than Tebow....throws a much cleaner, tighter ball.....throws better on the run than any quarterback in college IMO....cleaner mechanics from the ground up.....and his leadership, intangibles, and overall skills translate properly to the NFL...

u see berry break on that ball tebow threw that took forever to come out of his hand???

lol...that was too easy

haha I beg to differ big-time as I think Tim Tebow will not be a good NFL Quarterback by any means. Tebow's strong suit is his athletic ability and in the NFL everyone is on the same level as him. The game is much faster and Tebow has not shown me the pocket presence to be a big-time NFL Quarterback.

I'm a Gator myself and have watched nearly every game of Tebow's career. As such, I feel very qualified to say that although he has extraordinary qualities in terms of toughness, leadership and "want to", strictly from a "throwing" perspective, he's not even draftable. He has an incredibly slow release, of course, but he also displays fairly lousy accuracy and questionable decision making skills. He benefits not just from the spread system, but with playing with receivers who get extremely open.

Now, don't get me wrong. He's a great, great college quarterback. Perhaps the best ever. But very little of what he does as a quarterback translates to the NFL. I'd enjoy him while he lasts.

Magoo,

I agree with your post and the sad thing is I think the Jaguars will select him in the Top 10 as a stricly business decision to get the fans in Florida to follow the Jaguars and to draw some national attention thier way.

Allow me to explain why Tim Tebow is NOT the guy we want.

This dude has played his entire college career for a GREAT coach and a GREAT team. Florida pretty much dominates when they step on the field. Tebow has NEVER had to struggle. He has never had to scrap, grind or fight for wins. Rarely has he had to play from behind.

In the NFL, you will scrap, grind and fight on every single play almost and you will often times play from behind. Tim Tebow is one hell of a leader. He's the alpha male. He has what it takes to be the vocal leader but I'm not sure if he has the intagibles that are required to be an NFL QB. Jay Cutler came from Vanderbilt. He had to grind, crap and fight for wins at Vanderbilt. Matt Ryan had to do the same at Boston College. Eli Manning did the same at Ole Miss. Tom Brady, Kurt Warner, Donovan McNabb, Ben Roethlisberger...the list goes on and on with big time NFL talent at small schools who had to grind out wins. You have your exceptions with Peyton Manning and Carson Palmer but you can't use that "1%" argument.

Tim Tebow has always been the biggest kid on the block. He has dominated at every level because of his size. And this reminds me of a similar player: JaMarcus Russell. Big kid. Speed. Big rocket arm. Dominating at the college level. Never had to scrap or fight in his life. Never.

Tim Tebow is certainly the kid of guy I want in this locker room and there is absolutely a place for him in the NFL. He is too big and too talented to not have a place. He will be successful. But the risk is too great and draft picks matter far too much in this league to gamble like this.

Eric Berry is the guy if he is there. There's no question about it.

Back
Top Bottom