The Official Harvey Unga Thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official Harvey Unga Thread

if we were looking for a noel devine type i'd much rather we had moved up for cj spiller in the last draft...anyways...

Devine has rare quickness and good vision but gets caught from behind too often for my tastes. Plus I don't see a lot in the way of tackle breaking ability. The spread really helps him out at West Virginia in giving him space in the middle of the field. He's definitely more of a Brandon James (without the blazing top end speed) than a Dexter McCluster imo. I'd be surprised if he was more than a 5th round pick.

Really hoping K. Sheets can blossom. Our RB situation is shaky at best - developed into one of our major uncertainties heading into this season.

i don't think there's any question that we need to bring in a young fresh rb next year...but i also don't think we should give ronnie brown a long term extension...and furthermore i don't think patrick cobbs could handle a heavy workload 10 carries per game would be too much...and ricky...how much longer is that gonna last

we need young blood

They liked C.J. Spiller and they liked Dexter McCluster but it wasn't time for them yet because they had other things to take care of and they still have Ricky and Ronnie. I think they're banking on Ricky signing to play another year in 2011 to be honest. Ronnie will be allowed to walk. I've always insisted on that. If they added a Noel Devine to that mix you could have a fairly explosive mix.

i think they plan on having ricky come back for 1 more year also...i just think that at this stage when he gets the lions share of the carries he wears down fast...and i guess its to be expected...10-12 carries per game i think is when he's at his best...anything more not good

if ronnie was interested in coming back for 1 year by all means do it if he stays healthy this year just don't go throw $20 mil guaranteed plus on a say 5 year deal at him at a then 29 years old...i don't think that's smart

and i think i read if ronnie did walk we'd likely receive a 3rd round compensatory pick in compensation...works for me

There's a lot that goes into that compensatory pick. Not least of which being what free agents we sign that year, how much money Ronnie Brown gets from his new team, how many games he starts and how well he does in his new home.

You don't bank on that 3rd round compensatory, no way.

I don't know they'll even want him back on a cheaper short term deal. Any given year, I'm not sure they believe they can trust him to play 16 games. They don't like guys like that. Justin Smiley would still be here if they could accept that kind of uncertainty and just chalk it up to a "any game he plays is a bonus" line of thinking.

i was working under the assumption that he got a long term big money deal elsewhere...but good points...i just kinda assumed if he got paid well elsewhere we'd get a comp pick reflective of the contract in some way...

but it was purely an assumption on my part...nothing really to back it up...maybe i read it on here from somebody and it sounded right...not sure

and i agree with you these guys don't like players they can't count on...and unfortunately thats exactly what ronnie brown has become

It's going to really tick some people off around here when they see the deal Ronnie signs elsewhere. It won't be an outlandish deal I don't think, and there will be some fan backlash about not bringing him back...much as you see backlash at not bringing Jason Taylor back.

well if he gets hurt again this year and ends the season on ir AGAIN it won't matter to me what he signs for elsewhere...that will be the last straw for me...great player no doubt...but can't help us if he's not on the field when the games matter

i'll be surprised though if he does stay healthy and he doesn't get at least $15 mil guaranteed from someone...

my magic 8 ball says ronnie & ricky will be back for 2011, but it isn't as reliable as that octopus.

and watch out for new england...i could see them being ALL OVER ronnie brown if he came free...and letting lawrence maroney walk

and he'd probably stay healthy for them...figures

If Ronnie has a great year it wouldn't shock to me to see them slap the franchise tag on him for a year, and maybe look to trade him.

Back
Top Bottom