The Official Miami Heat March to the Lottery Thread. | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official Miami Heat March to the Lottery Thread.

plus he's not even healthy..thats a lot of money to bank of a 36 yr old center

It's a laughable deal for Phoenix, but I love it because I hate Phoenix.

LA Lakers: 2007-2008 Western Conference Champions.

:boohoo:....but I dont want Shaq to go....

Don't worry.

As of right now, this is the very best that could happen for this basketball team.

It's a youth movement:

1. Marion won't opt out, but his contract is one year shorter than Shaq's
2. Maybe we keep him, and offer Williams/Haslem or Davis/Haslem (some sort of deal) for an unhappy Elton Brand or Jermaine O'Neal.
3. If we somehow get ATL's 1st round pick, then we could walk away with Derrick Rose/Michael Beasley + Roy Hibbert or something of that OUTRAGEOUS nature.

Man, there are so many options once Shaq is out.

sportscenter says he's flying in for the physical tomorrow. they also said pheonix really wants him for his defense (seriously). anyways, espn could be wrong though, wouldn't be the first time

Arizona newspapers (and others) are reporting that Dallas offered Josh Howard.

WTF? He's EXACTLY what we need -- present & future.

Arizona newspapers (and others) are reporting that Dallas offered Josh Howard.

WTF? He's EXACTLY what we need -- present & future.

I would disagree...Josh Howard isn;t Marion and he needs good point guard play and a system that allows him to stand at the 3 point line and work his way in.

marion can play anywhere on the court and plays much better with somebody that dominates the ball (Wade).

I would disagree...Josh Howard isn;t Marion and he needs good point guard play and a system that allows him to stand at the 3 point line and work his way in.

marion can play anywhere on the court and plays much better with somebody that dominates the ball (Wade).

Josh Howard is a glue guy at the three spot, and he's two years younger than Marion. My only beef with the guy is that he slips away in the fourth quarter, but that's what Dwyane Wade is for. In addition, his mid-range jumper is automatic and he has really improved from three. He'd be perfect alongside Dwyane Wade. I don't even think he's reached his ceiling yet. Somewhere close to it, but still a bit more room for growth, especially defensively with those long arms.

Howard has never relies on 'good point guard play' though. Jason Terry is a true undersized 2-guard, and Devin Harris is good at what he does, but he doesn't exactly specialize in setting teammates up. I actually think that Marion is more dependent upon solid PG play than Howard.

Few years ago, I'd much prefer Marion. Right now, I'd prefer Josh Howard.

Pat Riley does it again. I dont know how he must have a magic wand. Future looks bright now.

Josh Howard is a glue guy at the three spot, and he's two years younger than Marion. My only beef with the guy is that he slips away in the fourth quarter, but that's what Dwyane Wade is for. In addition, his mid-range jumper is automatic and he has really improved from three. He'd be perfect alongside Dwyane Wade. I don't even think he's reached his ceiling yet. Somewhere close to it, but still a bit more room for growth, especially defensively with those long arms.

Howard has never relies on 'good point guard play' though. Jason Terry is a true undersized 2-guard, and Devin Harris is good at what he does, but he doesn't exactly specialize in setting teammates up. I actually think that Marion is more dependent upon solid PG play than Howard.

Few years ago, I'd much prefer Marion. Right now, I'd prefer Josh Howard.

We just disagree.

I have never liked Howard's body language as a player and his lack of aggressiveness. marion is one of my all-time favorite players. There isn;t anything that he doesn;t do well.

BTW..what does Howard's deal look like? Maybe that also makes it a better deal. Elton Brand here we come!

Back
Top Bottom