The Official Miami Heat March to the Lottery Thread. | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official Miami Heat March to the Lottery Thread.

We just disagree.

I have never liked Howard's body language as a player and his lack of aggressiveness. marion is one of my all-time favorite players. There isn;t anything that he doesn;t do well.

BTW..what does Howard's deal look like? Maybe that also makes it a better deal. Elton Brand here we come!

Howard has a solid deal but the deal breaker was the player to be included with Howard......Dampier. And the only way Miami can go after Brand is if Marion opts out at the end of the year. I have to believe he and Riley agreed he wasn't going to do this prior to the trade going down.

Howard has a solid deal but the deal breaker was the player to be included with Howard......Dampier. And the only way Miami can go after Brand is if Marion opts out at the end of the year. I have to believe he and Riley agreed he wasn't going to do this prior to the trade going down.

How much money would we have when J-Will's, Ricky Davis contracts expire plus the 3 million in savings from SHAQ?

I don't think we're done trading. I think Riley isn't going to wait for the offseason to rebuild. Jason Williams and Davis, you might be next.

Jason Williams has an expiring contract of $8.9 million (wow). You also have Zo's contract expiring that is around 2.7 million. Ricky Davis is at 6.8 million. Meaning after the season, Miami gets about $18.5 million in cap savings. If Marion stays, not sure what this does for you guys in the free agent market. I don't know where you guys stand with the salary cap etc.

But if Marion leaves as well, you guys will have a ton of room to manuever.

How much money would we have when J-Will's, Ricky Davis contracts expire plus the 3 million in savings from SHAQ?

Well there isn't any savings. The bad part of this deal for the Heat is Marcus Banks. Its a good deal if he can become what he was in Boston, and a better one if he turns into a starting PG. But I don't know the odds on that happening.

Miami can't do anything in free agency until Marion's deal comes off the books. They're sitting around the cap limit even with the deals of JWill and Davis expiring. There are basically two options:

1. Try to build around Marion and Wade, which would mean trading JWill and/or Davis for a longer contract (Miller?), and hope that Marion/Wade/lottery pick is enough to contend
2. Follow the original plan of letting everything come off the books and trying to pair Wade with another max player....just one or two years earlier, depending on what Marion decides to do.

The second option is more appealing at the outset but is far more risky. The NBA encourages stars to stick with their teams, and gives massive financial incentive to do so. Brand may be unhappy in LA and Arenas may have the most mercurial personality of anyone in the NBA but when their teams present them with $20 mil more than anyone else can offer are they going to turn it down?

Next year, but he can opt out at the end of this season, though he would be leaving 17 mill and he may not see that type of money anywhere again.

Pat Riley said somethign very interesting, he said that last time we had to rebuild...it took us 16 months.

He said that he intends to beat that time frame.

I really see some type of Haslem/1st round pick package for some superstar...somewhere, ONLY if we are not in the top 3. If not...we have a shoo-in performer to add to this team.

There are already rumors that Riley has contacted Denver about Camby's availability, and that Elton brand is absolutely on his radar. On 790 they commented that they thought it rather interesting that in a conversation with Riley...Pat volunteered what he thought were the best young players in the game and mentioned Elton Brand first. Compared him to a young Karl Malone.

smush parker might also opt out after this season. i really doubt he wants to come back. i think he's making around 2 mil.

Ferret, you pretty much know the salary cap in and out right?

My question is this:

If Miami packages Haslem in a deal for an expiring or two, would that + Ricky Davis & Jason Williams give us enough cap space to add someone like Elton Brand to the mix via free agency?

If so, then I'd definitely be in favor of moving Haslem. I wouldn't be opposed to including Dorell Wright in the deal or moving him for another prospect/draft choice either. I think it'd be wise to get another shooter on the perimeter behind Marion -- someone like James Jones. But I could really picture a line-up (not starting) that features Derrick Rose, Dwyane Wade, Dorell Wright, & Shawn Marion running up and down the court. Hell, even if we play it ultra small and add Cook into such a mix. Now there's a group that could really get out and run.

G - Rose
G - Wade
F - Marion
F - Brand
C - Diop (on the cheap; unrestricted)

2008-2009 Contenders. No doubt.

King, I saw the last ep. of The Wire, made me wish i followed it from the beginning, really good show...

I'd love that starting lineup. Rose and Wade in the backcourt would be dynamic, and our forward positions would be the best in the East 1-2, if Marion does indeed opt out would it be possible to sign Maggette as well as Brand? I like Cook's attitude off the bench in the future, he's not scared to chuck em'

I definitely think we will be able to build quickly around wade, especially with a top-3 pick and the bounds of salary cap space we have with the Diez in PHO, and J-WILL/RICKY DAVIS coming off the books in the same offseason. Thanks riley working your magic again.

I just wanted to briefly say thank you to Shaquille O'Neal, when he arrived in miami 3 years ago, it was a spectacle no one had ever seen down here. Being a Heat fan my entire life (im only 22), i had to endure the years of Rony Seikaly, Bimbo Coles, Kevin Willis as well as all the heartbreaks with Timmy Hardaway and a young Zo. Shaq delivered what he promised, a championship. And I rank that Heat championship as one of the most unforgettable nights I have ever had, and one of the greatest feelings ever. That will probably only be eclipsed by the Dolphins winning the Super Bowl one day. Thank you Shaq, while now you are a shell of what you once were on the court, you are a great personality and you brought what you promised you would. We, as true Heat fans, owe you alot.

Back
Top Bottom