The Official Miami Heat March to the Lottery Thread. | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official Miami Heat March to the Lottery Thread.

You're a Clippers fan?

I thought I read something a few months ago about Brand not opting out.

I posted a comment that Sterling made recently a few post up saying he didnt think Brand was opting out and he made it sound like he'd give Brand whatever he wanted not to leave. Of course that doesnt mean Sterling wont revert back to his cheap ways, or that Brand would rather move on and get the chance to play with Riley and DWade. He'd also have a better shot at getting to a championship in the East, could influence him.

Hater lol. I couldnt care about the Heat one way or the other and have zero reason to root against them. I root for the Clippers because I cant stand the Lakers and I love Elton Brand. My questions about why you guys think Brand is leaving are simply based on selfish reasons and not wanting to see him leave LA. It has nothing to do with Miami.

I could have swore that you were a Nets fan.

But yeah...we do wanna take your cookie.

BRAND BELONG TO US.

If we don't get Brand I would love to see Beasley... he played beastly last night. Rose would be good too, man #1 pick would be fantastic.

Whether or not we sign Elton Brand is irrelevant to whether or not we can draft Michael Beasley.

If the NBA draft lottery is indeed rigged, this is a great time for David Stern to give Miami the #1 pick. I'm sure he's still counting money from the 2006 Finals.

I could have swore that you were a Nets fan.

But yeah...we do wanna take your cookie.

BRAND BELONG TO US

Thumbs down
clear.gif

i'd like to keep haslem and wright. haslem does so much for us and come so cheap. wright's shot is improving and in a year or two, with the playing time he's finally seeing, could be really really good. also, with that improving shot, we'd work well in an uptempo style with marion and wade.

if we draft rose, line up for next year:

rose
wade
wright
marion
haslem

not really a contender, but a running team that would be fun to watch and would grow together for a while. also, we'd have a little bit of money to spend in freagency, so we could sign a diop, or whatever, and bring haslem off the bench.

unless we can get beasly and this would all change.

wade
wright
beasly
marion
haslem

or without the draft but getting diop:

wade
wright
marion
haslem
diop

i think this is realisiticly what we're looking at, with our high pick coming off the bench. add blount and banks to round out the eight man rotation.

I believe that Brand would Opt out because of the reason that he WANTS to come to Miami, the last time he was on the market, we signed him to an offer sheet but it didnt work out then, this time there will be more incentive for us to up the ante so to speak. Like someone said before, there's nothing in Clipperland to keep him there. He comes to the Heat, he gets to play with Wade, a proven winner, and Marion. If we can keep our top 3 pick we could be looking at a nucleus of Rose/Wade/Marion/Brand with a stiff at center lol id say thats good enough to compete in the East.

Hater lol. I couldnt care less about the Heat one way or the other and have zero reason to root against them. I root for the Clippers because I cant stand the Lakers and I love Elton Brand. My questions about why you guys think Brand is leaving are simply based on selfish reasons and not wanting to see him leave LA. It has nothing to do with Miami. I was just looking for a little info if you guys out in Miami had heard anything about Brand possibly opting out. I didnt mean to come off as though I was attacking/hating on the Heat.

Oh don't be too hard on them. What else is there to do but dream when your team sucks? Brand isn't coming to Miami unless Marion decides to opt out, which I highly doubt he'll do unless its really that unbearable in south Florida. He will end up getting far more if he agrees on an extension than he would on the open market.

unless we can get beasly and this would all change.

wade
wright
beasly
marion
haslem

or without the draft but getting diop:

wade
wright
marion
haslem
diop

i think this is realisiticly what we're looking at, with our high pick coming off the bench. add blount and banks to round out the eight man rotation.

What does it take to get this idea out of people's heads? Wade isn't a PG, doesn't want to play the position, and never will.

^^^^you chopped off the first half of the post where wade isn't the pg. he can play the one without a problem, just better at the 2. given the state of the heat right now, he's not a bad option at the one. he plays there a lot now (not sure if you're watching the games.)

Playing the point Wade manages a healthy 6.6 turnovers per 48 min (leading the league by a wide margin) while being equally inept on the defensive end. He will always be a bad option at the one. The only way to cover flaws like that is to go to the lengths Brown did with the Sixers and Iverson. Noone, least of all Wade, wants that.

Yeah, don't even bother including Wade as a PG in any futuristic line-up's. He's already said that he has no desire to play the point, and it's a must to keep him as happy as possible to make sure he re-signs with Miami after opting out.

Anyways, lots of interesting ideas out there. One of Ira's ideas is that he believes Miami will trade either Ricky Davis or Jason Williams for a PG or PF/C who could be a part of the future, but definitely not both. The idea with this is that if Miami trades both, then obviously we'd meet the luxury tax. If Miami trades J-Will or Davis with say Smush Parker or Marcus Banks, then we'd have another starter added to the line-up for the future, along with our top 5 pick next year and the MLE/LLE.

Don't know why, but he mentioned Jamal Crawford as a name to look out for. Makes sense, as his contract ends with Dwyane Wade unless he takes a player option the year before, which would then end his contract with Shawn Marion. Actually, it would make PERFECT sense.

Hypothetically speaking as always, let's say we get the #3 pick:

G - Jamal Crawford, Delonte West (FA)
G - Dwyane Wade, Daequan Cook
F - Shawn Marion, Dorell Wright
F - Udonis Haslem, Alex Johnson/Mark Blount
C - DeAndre Jordan, Mark Blount/Desagna Diop (FA)

Not bad at all depending on Jordan's development. But apparently Blount is an All-Star. :D

Marion expires after next season, and Crawford can opt out as well. If not, then he'll be a free agent in two years. Overall, Marion & Crawford both expire with or before Dwyane Wade while still fully capable of being solid contributors in the meanwhile, so that's perfect.

Another thing we can give up on is having one of the top picks in the draft. Marion and Wade are going to lift us to atleast a 7-10 pick.

Am I the only one at least somewhat excited about Marcus Banks?

Remember how I lobbied for him a few summers ago (MLE). I don't think he got a fair shot in Phoenix, and he definitely didn't fit in with their offense. The fact that he's improved his shot is a tremendous asset (38.5% from three this year). I already thought he was a decent young PG with Minnesota. Aggressive, takes the ball to the rack, etc. He's got some decent size as well, nice build.

Back
Top Bottom