The Official Miami Heat March to the Lottery Thread. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official Miami Heat March to the Lottery Thread.

Who is "Old" on the team. I'll Help you out: SHAQ is..and is still a top 5 center...Jay-Will is 32 and will be gone. That is it.

The rest of the team is relatively young. Injuries finally caught up to us and teams ran-sacking us in the offseason as well.

The team is in a good situation for a very quick turn-around.

At least KNOW about the team before you comment Amars.

Well, first off Zo's hurt, prob. done for good, Shaq has been hurt, and has had prob. no, it is the worst yr of his career, Wade has been fighting injuries, Same with Williams, so that leaves Haslem. So its really not that hard to see why we are doing so bad. Plus no Walker, who IMO is better then Davis, personal opinion though. Davis is a good scorer, but other then that. Cook was a terrible pick IMO. And I'm still waiting for Wright to explode like so many said he would.

WHAT?

He has been a GREAT pick. He is only 20 years old and has played very well with minutes.

he will be a contributor for a long time.

The Nucleus is now:

Haslem, Wade, Cook, Wright, SHAQ. Davis, Williams, are cap space fodder...Blount is a guy we need to trade for more cap space.

Quinn is a decent backup..nothing more.

What a joke. We got rid of almost every supporting cast member from the championship team. You reap what you sow.

Which was somewhat of the right thing to do since most of those players were getting up there in the age department. The problem is that replacing those guys with upgrades failed. Honestly, the only player that I'm upset we let go is James Posey. I don't give a rat's *** about Jason Kapono and that horrific contract he received. Definitely could care less about Gary Payton, Antoine Walker, Michael Doleac, Derek Anderson, etc. This team simply failed to upgrade when an upgrade was BEYOND necessary.

I don't blame Pat Riley this year, however. The Ricky Davis trade was out of desperation, because he tried his *** off this offseason to acquire players like Mo Williams, Charlie Bell, Gerald Wallace, etc. It just didn't happen. I blame him for the overall outcome, though. There's no reason we should of left that 2006-2007 team exactly the same. "Dorell Wright is like our offseason acquisition" -- that was a bunch of bull****, especially since Riley benches the kid for apparently no reason at all. THAT is what screwed this franchise and set us back.........the 2006-2007 summer. Even if you when a championship, you have to make some changes because other teams are focusing their summers on becoming better than you.

In the long run, keeping Udonis Haslem is actually going to hurt Miami.

I know a lot of people may read that in awe, but he was a DEAL BREAKER in many, many potential trades. From what Ira emailed me in response back in the summer, we could of had Mo Williams in a sign-and-trade....as well as possibly Bibby AND Artest in a deal but Riley wouldn't do it because Haslem was a necessity in Sac's proposal.

Who is "Old" on the team. I'll Help you out: SHAQ is..and is still a top 5 center...Jay-Will is 32 and will be gone. That is it.

The rest of the team is relatively young. Injuries finally caught up to us and teams ran-sacking us in the offseason as well.

The team is in a good situation for a very quick turn-around.

At least KNOW about the team before you comment Amars.

you can add

Haslem -28 yrs old
Zo - 96 yrs old

you guys are like 5th oldest team in the league.

Haslem is at best a 4th option on any other team, preferrably a 5th. In this team, he has like the 3rd most FG attempts per game.

Hell, there are people on realgm that beleive Shaq is a 3rd option at best, preferrably a 4th option now at this stage of his career.

Nothing that a Derrick Rose can't fix for this team.

Rose + Wade can quickly turn into the next Scottie and Michael. Maybe not as dominating, but that's a pretty damn good duo.

We have to shut down Wade eventually this season. We're wearing him out, and all this losing can really get into your head. It's pretty much uncontrollable what Wade is going through, not even 100% still and still playing at a high level, yet the team is becoming one of the worst teams put together in franchise history.

not trying to pour salt in the wounds here...but why are you guys so bad this year? You still got Wade, Shaq, Haslem, Zo, Williams...I don't really get it.

This team is a pathetic collection of misfits whose play borders on the unwatchable. Davis was a horrible acquisition, made worse by the fact that Riley sacrificed a future pick to get him. Williams has been done for a while now. He can still do well as a backup somewhere if hes not asked to play major minutes but his knees were shot 3 years ago. 'Zo is long gone, and is probably happy that he bowed out when he did. The only game I've seen so far this season that was mildly interesting was when the backups + Haslem gave Dallas all they could handle for 40 minutes. When the starters are in the defense is just atrocious.

I can't say that I have much hope for this team in the future. Riley will have to have another Wade type hit in the draft in order to resurrect this franchise. If he doesn't get lucky again why would Wade bother to stick around?

Avg age of the Heat 27.3

Avg age of the Suns 28.7

Yes the Heat are:wheels:

Back
Top Bottom