The Official Miami Heat March to the Lottery Thread. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official Miami Heat March to the Lottery Thread.

He said that he would go over the tax for the RIGHT player. namely a superstar...a Brand type.

So in essence..he wouldn;t to just sign bench players. They were gonna go over for Mo Williams...so that tells you that Mickey doesn't mind it.

At max, Mo Williams was getting the full mid-level from Miami.

At max, Mo Williams was getting the full mid-level from Miami.

Hes talking about the luxury tax, not cap. Mo's contract would of put the Heat well above the tax limit at the time, when they were trying to justify not re-signing Posey and Kapono by using this stupid argument.

Its all a moot point. Riley ended up taking the team above the limit by signing a bunch of scrubs to partially guaranteed contracts and releasing them. The true irony is that Arison could of saved money by handing Posey the 3 mil and not signing the likes of Slaughter and Hardaway.

In hindsight he was right....signing Posey and another bench player for what was left of the MLE wouldn't have made the Heat a contender. But to let other teams have your assets for nothing doesn't make any sense.

Called it at the beginning of the year that Orlando would win the division... let the countdown til Derrick Rose begin! He will be exciting to watch with Wade.

Hes talking about the luxury tax, not cap. Mo's contract would of put the Heat well above the tax limit at the time, when they were trying to justify not re-signing Posey and Kapono by using this stupid argument.

Its all a moot point. Riley ended up taking the team above the limit by signing a bunch of scrubs to partially guaranteed contracts and releasing them. The true irony is that Arison could of saved money by handing Posey the 3 mil and not signing the likes of Slaughter and Hardaway.

In hindsight he was right....signing Posey and another bench player for what was left of the MLE wouldn't have made the Heat a contender. But to let other teams have your assets for nothing doesn't make any sense.

That's what I thought.

I never and will never understand letting Posey go. I understand kapono...toronto jumped the gun bigtime on that contract.

As a heat fan, my personal opinion is that the only people on this team worth keeping around is Wade, Haslem, and Cook. This team sucks, and its painful to watch (although i watch em anyways). Haslem is such an underrated player, he's the only guy doing anything consistently and is by far my favorite player in the league. Cook seems like a keeper and should be at the very least a good 6th man who can provide quick points off the bench at the very least.

Im looking forward to the draft next year. IMO i think we should just shut wade down, let him get fully healthy and hope we can make a run next year. There is no reason for him to give it his all when we have players like Blount, wright, shaq, jwill and almost every other player playing like **** and not playing any defense(other then haslem). Looking at the draft it seems we will probably need a C and a PG no matter what happens in FA. IMO the best player available is Michael Beasley although he is a PF. We could either go small possibly. I figure next season shaq will be no more then a 20 minute player. Have a lineup of Haslem, Beasley, Wade and whoever is at PG n SF. Or we could draft Derrick Rose who i really like and would be a great PG for our team. Another option is the C JeAndre i think his name is.

Who do you guys think fits this team well? Im assuming (and praying) we have a top 3 pick also, which i think would be best for our team.

He said that he would go over the tax for the RIGHT player. namely a superstar...a Brand type.

So in essence..he wouldn;t to just sign bench players. They were gonna go over for Mo Williams...so that tells you that Mickey doesn't mind it.

Consider Shaq to be the luxury tax superstar guy. Problem solved.

Wade scored 32 of the 38 second half points yesterday. The rest of the team? 6 measly points, on 3-21 shooting. Goes to show you how ****ing **** this team is.

We should go after Baron Davis in the Offseason.
and whomever starts the next Heat thread other than Section should be shot.

Ferrer and 126:

Every Heat game I saw this year with J-Will starting, we turned the ball over more than I could stand.s There is a reason why he was benched in favor of Chris Quinn.

As far as Smush, some of you were saying that he was a good player with LA and he would rise to stardom, becoming a good third option behind Wade and Shaq, but I knew better, he never rose to the occasion in LA and didnt even play well enough here to even have a regular role.

Ferrer and 126:

Every Heat game I saw this year with J-Will starting, we turned the ball over more than I could stand.s There is a reason why he was benched in favor of Chris Quinn.

As far as Smush, some of you were saying that he was a good player with LA and he would rise to stardom, becoming a good third option behind Wade and Shaq, but I knew better, he never rose to the occasion in LA and didnt even play well enough here to even have a regular role.

That was the funniest thing I ever heard. He is a cancer.

Ferrer and 126:

You were wrong. and continue to be wrong. J-Will is one of the best Turnover to assist ratio guys in the league for the last 4 years.

He is having a horrible year and he is still 8th in the NBA in assist to turnover ratio:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/statistics?stat=nbaassists&sort=astto&league=nba&avg=48

Okay?

The guy lost his jump shot. That is his problem. it is not turning it over.

Stop trying to justify a stupid arguement.

We? That's not Jason Williams' fault. If anything, most of our turnovers are mishandled passes or Dwyane Wade forcing the issue, which I don't blame him for with such a crappy supporting cast. Jason Williams career wise is one of the best players in the league at ball protection. This is an argument that you have absolutely zero chance of winning.

I don't think anyone in their right mind thought any of those things about Smush Parker. Most people were dead on: if he becomes a good player, fine. If not, then it's not really going to hurt us financially. Never did I see a single person on here refer to Smush as a possible "good third option" behind Wade & Shaq. The idea was backup PG from the get go, so I don't know where "third option" comes from that.

We should go after Baron Davis in the Offseason.
and whomever starts the next Heat thread other than Section should be shot.

As much as I love Baron Davis, he'd be a poor fit next to Wade.

Back
Top Bottom