The official official BOXING THREAD! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The official official BOXING THREAD!

Actually Mesi has been active and is fighting again June 2nd. He hasn't fought anyone special but he's fought 4 or 5 times since the ban was revoked!

Oh I know he's been fighting...I'm just saying that's when I lost interest. I'll be regaining it now that Mesi is back.

I saw one of his fights (quick KO) in a hotel resort in Virginia. He looked a bit out of shape, and sluggish, but still destroyed the opposition. Can't remember his name for the life of me.

I like pacquiano, Ive seen a few fights of his. I think Taylor is overrated though, he fights chumps. Corey spinks is ok, but Ive only seem him once. Hopefully the talent level improves because boxing is nearing extinction IMO.

Your completely wrong about Jermain. Jermain Taylor beat Bernard Hopkins twice and then right after went and fought Winky. He deserves a few gimme fights against Ouma and Spinks after doing that. Come to think of it, the only reason people are considering those gimme fights is because they moved up in weight to fight Taylor. Other then that both of those guys are worthy opponents (especially Ouma) and well accomplished fighters whether you like their styles or not. People need to give Taylor his props. He's fought some tough competition for being so young in age. Even before he beat Bernard he was taking on some tough competition for being at such a young age. William Joppy and Raul Marquez are pretty stiff competition to put a 25 year old kid from Arkansas in with. There not world beaters but their very respectable for a prospect (which is what Taylor was at the time) to fight at the age Taylor did. You don't see a lot of prospects in the game right now stepping up in competition. A lot of promoters are scared to put their future meal tickets in the ring with anyone until they've had plenty of ring experience (30+ pro fights). Not Jermain, he took a lot of risks to get where he is right now and he is where he is right now because those risks paid off. Jermain is serious and is going to be making noise for years to come. I hope he's the one to shut up Calzaghe. Even though I am not the biggest Taylor fan I can't stand Calzaghe and hope Taylor lays him out!

By the way, I am not on the Taylor bandwagon, I'm just giving him props where it's deserved. I scored the Wright-Taylor fight for Winky but I had it so close (a 1 point differential) that I couldn't complain with the fight being called a draw!

By the way, I am not on the Taylor bandwagon, I'm just giving him props where it's deserved. I scored the Wright-Taylor fight for Winky but I had it so close (a 1 point differential) that I couldn't complain with the fight being called a draw!

I love JT and I had it the same score

Pavlik/Miranda predictions!!!!!!!!!!!

I like PANTERA: KO IN THE 5TH!!

War Pantera!!!

Long Live The Sweet Science!!!.

Taylor KO's Spinks in the 10th!

Pavlik KO's Miranda in the 7th!

I'm really torn on the Miranda-Pavlik fight because I like both fighters so since I don't have a rooting interest in the fight (other then loving boxing and loving great match-ups like this), I figured I would go out on a limb and pick Pavlik since I know Miranda is the obvious favorite!

PAVLIK v. MIRANDA= WOW!!!!!!!!

Through three rounds FOY candidate!!!

Pavlik whoopin his ***!!

Anyone not watching the Miranda-Pavlik fight right now is missing a dandy. It's only the 4th round right now, do yourself a favor and put on HBO if your not watching it right now. Great fight so far!

WOWOWOWOOWOWOWOW!!!!!!!

Pavlik handin it to him!!!

KELLY PAVLIK IS THE TRUTH!!!

Wow! Unreal! Miranda talked so big yesterday about FIGHTING TAYLOR. That bummed me out. Pavlik DOMINATED!! Yanks13 YOU CALLED IT DEAD ON!!!

Pavlik annihilated Miranda. You could tell in the first round that Miranda would need a freak shot to beat this guy.

Miranda sure can take a punch, as can Pavlik.

Miranda's right eye is almost completely shut. The left eye isn't far behind.

Pavlik is now the #1 contender and should get that shot at Taylor.

Miranda disrespected him by focusing so much on Taylor in the PC, and perhaps in the weeks leading up.

FOTY in the ones I've seen. Nothing but bombs from the opening bell. 150+ punches per round. Almost all power shots.

Pavlik annihilated Miranda. You could tell in the first round that Miranda would need a freak shot to beat this guy.

Miranda sure can take a punch, as can Pavlik.

Miranda's right eye is almost completely shut. The left eye isn't far behind.

Pavlik is now the #1 contender and should get that shot at Taylor.

Miranda disrespected him by focusing so much on Taylor in the PC, and perhaps in the weeks leading up.

FOTY in the ones I've seen. Nothing but bombs from the opening bell. 150+ punches per round. Almost all power shots.

It would be FOTY except it was so one sided!!

Back
Top Bottom