The Official Post Game Report | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official Post Game Report

BSQ

Scout Team
Club Member
Reaction score
Well I through down the gauntlet and so far no one has come forth so since I started this I'll do tonight"s. I'm hoping one of our experts takes it from here.

The Good: We won the game and that is great and we are tied for first place with the hated Patriots. Tune in tonight to root for the Pats to lose at home to the Falcons. The AFC East can be had this year, of course, dozens of things have to go right.

We avoided getting swept by the Jets.

Bobby McCain, who gets hammered pretty good on this site, won the game for us by making an interception that gave us the ball and the win.

Parkey, the guy seems like Mr. Cool, I'm loving the guy but he hasn't lost us a game yet.

Stills- excellent game for Stills, who has great chemistry with Tannehill and Moore and zero with Cutler.

Landry-what a passionate player, pay the man, are you kidding???

Matt Moore-he came in and was freaking awesome. He won the game for us and he won the hearts of all the fans, at least for today.

Wake-is he getting younger and faster??? He was flying around the corner like a man possessed.

Suh-he was a force all day

Jones-he was everywhere making big plays, if he isn't voted to the Pro Bowl it's just wrong.

Timmons-anybody see 94 kicking the hell out of the Jets all day, wow?

The Bad: we had life and death with a team that we should have beaten with ease.

Cutler's Intercepton-the pass that he threw at the one yard line that got tipped up in the air and picked off was an example of why Cutler will kill you dead if you give him enough reps. The guy is not a good fit in our offense. I was of the mind that given a few more games everything will click with Cutler but then you see Moore come in cold and put the team on his back and lead us to a great victory. If Cutler stayed in we would be 3-3 and we would have been swept by the Jets.

The O-Line-just no running room and their getting our QB's killed. So the bottom line is they didn't run block very well and they didn't protect the QB very well. The O-Line is making things tough out there.

Pass Defense- receivers are running wide open for east TD's.

My attempt to do a post game report-I had to list this under the bad

The pass game seems more aggressive with Matt Moore. Even Leonte Carroo caught a pass. I will let the process take its place. Out 2-3 weeks, let's see what the offense does. We need a qb controversy down here

Game balls to Moore on Offense and Jones on defense. Jones stopped some plays that could have been very bad for us.

Good write up. Wake continues to amaze at his age and post-Achilles surgery. Both of his sacks were at huge moments in the game.

Reactions: BSQ
Both our punter and kicker had good games. Tank who I really like had pretty much his worst game so far. Two TD's allowed thought I believe there was a mistake by someone else on one of them. The o-line could not run block for ****. Wake had a great game as did Stills

Ozzy rules!!

Well I through down the gauntlet and so far no one has come forth so since I started this I'll do tonight"s. I'm hoping one of our experts takes it from here.

The Good: We won the game and that is great and we are tied for first place with the hated Patriots. Tune in tonight to root for the Pats to lose at home to the Falcons. The AFC East can be had this year, of course, dozens of things have to go right.

We avoided getting swept by the Jets.

Bobby McCain, who gets hammered pretty good on this site, won the game for us by making an interception that gave us the ball and the win.

Parkey, the guy seems like Mr. Cool, I'm loving the guy but he hasn't lost us a game yet.

Stills- excellent game for Stills, who has great chemistry with Tannehill and Moore and zero with Cutler.

Landry-what a passionate player, pay the man, are you kidding???

Matt Moore-he came in and was freaking awesome. He won the game for us and he won the hearts of all the fans, at least for today.

Wake-is he getting younger and faster??? He was flying around the corner like a man possessed.

Suh-he was a force all day

Jones-he was everywhere making big plays, if he isn't voted to the Pro Bowl it's just wrong.

Timmons-anybody see 94 kicking the hell out of the Jets all day, wow?

The Bad: we had life and death with a team that we should have beaten with ease.

Cutler's Intercepton-the pass that he threw at the one yard line that got tipped up in the air and picked off was an example of why Cutler will kill you dead if you give him enough reps. The guy is not a good fit in our offense. I was of the mind that given a few more games everything will click with Cutler but then you see Moore come in cold and put the team on his back and lead us to a great victory. If Cutler stayed in we would be 3-3 and we would have been swept by the Jets.

The O-Line-just no running room and their getting our QB's killed. So the bottom line is they didn't run block very well and they didn't protect the QB very well. The O-Line is making things tough out there.

Pass Defense- receivers are running wide open for east TD's.

My attempt to do a post game report-I had to list this under the bad

Have to say it's tough for even a good OK to run with 9 in the box. BUT, not saying they're good

Thanks for stepping up BSQ!

A few more initial thoughts.

I'm concerned about the injuries to Tunsil, Branch, Cutler ... and I'm missing someone who I can't think of at the moment.

Tankersley, I'm very excited about the kid, but just like I was saying last week, he's a rookie, and he's going to get burned. This week he gave up 2 TD's. But the good news is that he wasn't destroyed on those TD's, he was just beaten, and with a little experience he can probably hang with those receivers (Kearse and Robby Anderson) in the future. Rookies take lumps, and he's taking his, but even when he was beaten he was close to the play. Silver lining and all.

Our guards are awful. While we definitely could use improvement on the edges as well (our TE's and OT's allowed a lot of pressure to a team that doesn't generate that much), it was the terrible guards that really prevented our offense from doing almost anything. On those few rare occasions that our OL actually allowed the QB time to throw, Cutler looked pretty good and Moore found some deeper throws. But, the pass pro was terrible. And poor Ajayi, he is being coached to get vertical and stay between the tackles, but on far too many plays there simply wasn't any hole. I realize we can't have high priced players everywhere, but for the money we're putting into this OL, we really need better results. Brendel has earned a roster spot, Tunsil, maybe pay James depending upon what he wants, but honestly, I'm OK with replacing most of our starters. This offseason I'm hoping for a house cleaning along the OL.

Takeaways. That's the biggest X-factor in our gameplay. Our defense is playing good enough. But, generating key takeaways, like Bobby McCain today and the mirage of a forced fumble by Reshad Jones (pounced on by the ballhawking Kiko Alonso) were huge plays. Much like the Tankersley rip and Reshad Jones INT last week, it was a game deciding takeaway. I'm looking for more defensive players (especially DB's and LB's) to start causing or recovering more takeaways.

Close games. Gase once again showed that if you let him stay in the game, he's deadly. We fully embrace all three phases of the game, and it seems one of the three steps up in every close game. We've played 6 games, been soundly beaten in two, outplayed nobody, and won all 4 of our close games. This builds a mentality that teams expect to win, and that often becomes a self-fulfilling prophesy.

Team's belief in Matt Moore. It seemed clear that Landry and Stills have faith in Matt Moore. As soon as he came in not only was their connection evident, but also the desire to perform for Moore showed up. Landy almost single-handedly willed the team downfield as Moore found his feet. And Stills fought fiercely for every ball, including that one crazy bobble-catch on his back. Some guys inspire their teammates, and it appears Matt Moore is one of those guys.

Buy in. One very impressive thing is that every single player seems to be 100% buying in to the team that Gase has built. Nobody has checked out. Nobody has gone prima-donna. Nobody has half-azzed it. Not even Julius Thomas.

Penalties. I know most people will disagree with me, but I gotta admit we seem to be getting our fair shake of the penalty calls this year. In years past we had a ton of obviously bad calls against us or uncalled fouls. This year, for whatever reason, we seem to be getting a fair shake. That's a pleasant change.

TJ McDonald. Watching Reshad Jones play is a sheer joy. Just imagining him paired with TJ McDonald in a few games has me very excited.

Damien Williams. He has been playing well this season, and stood out the last couple of games. His blocking, receiving, effort to get those extra yards ... and even his situational awareness seem to be improving.

If I seem like a fanboy with all of these positives ... please re-read the OL section. But all in all, yeah, I'm impressed at our scrappiness. We're just barely getting it done, but a win is a win, and it's fun to finally have the Dolphins be a winning team again.

So it looks like Falcons are going to be 3-0 against the NFC North and 0-3 against the AFC East.

Thanks for stepping up BSQ!
Tankersley, I'm very excited about the kid, but just like I was saying last week, he's a rookie, and he's going to get burned. This week he gave up 2 TD's. But the good news is that he wasn't destroyed on those TD's, he was just beaten, and with a little experience he can probably hang with those receivers (Kearse and Robby Anderson) in the future. Rookies take lumps, and he's taking his, but even when he was beaten he was close to the play. Silver lining and all.

Noticed this as well on 1st TD I think it was with Tank, a few inches away from a breakup at least, a bit more for an INT....glad our coach will let the young guys take a few lumps for the future.

So it looks like Falcons are going to be 3-0 against the NFC North and 0-3 against the AFC East.
Lol nfl made them play the AFC east in 4 straight games. Jets have already played 4 division games and they’re 1-3 already. Jets would be fine if they didn’t have to play in the east

Back
Top Bottom