The Official WWE/TNA Pro Wrestling Thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official WWE/TNA Pro Wrestling Thread

MikeO

Premium Member
Club Member
Reaction score
Looks like Hulk and Linda are getting divorced once the final season of taping for HOGAN KNOWS BEST ends in a couple weeks.

Also the guy who won the IC title last night was the guy who Jim Cornett slapped last year and was fired by WWE over.

I was listening to bubba the love sponge and he had hogan on, and hogan said theres no truth to the divorce story.

Looks like Hulk and Linda are getting divorced once the final season of taping for HOGAN KNOWS BEST ends in a couple weeks.

Also the guy who won the IC title last night was the guy who Jim Cornett slapped last year and was fired by WWE over.

The guy who won the IC title is known as Boris Alexiev in OVW. He's got an awesome character...

here's an ovw hype tape of him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2u3tJDEeBA

Also, WWE recently signed Ring of Honor standouts Colt Cobana and Ace Steel to developmental contracts. Both have frequently teamed with CM Punk has the Second City Saints (Steel trained Punk and Cobana)

Yeah, I'm a huge wrestling buff.

So they keep pissing on the IC title, huh. I remember when that title actually meant something. :(

Wrestling lost its focus and has turned into every person does 5 moves and knows how to do a chop and then they throw drama inbetween!

There best wrestlers have left them in like the past years and they can't put together solid careers and they push some of the young guys to early!

So they keep pissing on the IC title, huh. I remember when that title actually meant something. :(

the guy who just won the IC title is pretty good. Think a younger ECW Taz. Though turning him back to the submission machine he was in OVW now might be difficult

Last time it meant something was when Benoit and Jericho were killing each other over it 6 or 7 years ago

I'd say it ment something around the time Randy Orton lost the title to Shelton Benjamin. Since Benjamin lost it the only champs that have really had good reigns are Johnny Nitro and Jeff Hardy(which isn't saying much). Carlito,Ric Flair, and Umaga all had abysmal runs as champs. If they treat the IC title as a stepping stone like it should be, they can regain respect.

I'm more worried about the tag team titles.

Wrestling lost its focus and has turned into every person does 5 moves and knows how to do a chop and then they throw drama inbetween!

There best wrestlers have left them in like the past years and they can't put together solid careers and they push some of the young guys to early!

I think it's lost it's emotion and there are many factors to that I think. First of all fans or smarks as they call us know to much about what is about to happen thanks to the dirtsheets and the internet. Secondly, the wrestlers today get pushed so fast that they don't get a chance to properly learn their craft alas the old territory days where the wrestlers were more seasoned. And thirdly there are too many highspost especially in TNA. When the match is just one big spotfest then they don't mean anything and the wrestlers are constantly risking injury when if they just learned how to work a crowd properly they could get big pops by doing much less. But that's just my opinion.

the guy who just won the IC title is pretty good. Think a younger ECW Taz. Though turning him back to the submission machine he was in OVW now might be difficult

I'd say it ment something around the time Randy Orton lost the title to Shelton Benjamin. Since Benjamin lost it the only champs that have really had good reigns are Johnny Nitro and Jeff Hardy(which isn't saying much). Carlito,Ric Flair, and Umaga all had abysmal runs as champs. If they treat the IC title as a stepping stone like it should be, they can regain respect.

I tend to agree that Orton was a good champ cuz they built him up real good. But for about a good 6 years before his reign and the 4 years after Orton's reign it has just been an after thought which is a shame.

I tend to agree that Orton was a good champ cuz they built him up real good. But for about a good 6 years before his reign and the 4 years after Orton's reign it has just been an after thought which is a shame.

Orton was hot at the time. He was in a great feud with Mic Foley, and he was the Legend Killer. Plus, he was cutting awesome promos.

The IC champ should be a guy who is entertaining in the ring and/or on the mic. That's why I say move CM Punk to Raw and give him the IC title (look up some of his promos from on Dailymotion. He's a great promo guy).

Santino Marrella/Boris Alexiev is a badass in OVW though, check out the link I posted.

Orton was hot at the time. He was in a great feud with Mic Foley, and he was the Legend Killer. Plus, he was cutting awesome promos.

The IC champ should be a guy who is entertaining in the ring and/or on the mic. That's why I say move CM Punk to Raw and give him the IC title (look up some of his promos from on Dailymotion. He's a great promo guy).

Santino Marrella/Boris Alexiev is a badass in OVW though, check out the link I posted.

I checked it out and I could see the Taz analogy. I don't know anything about him and maybe I'm to quick to judge but I just don't like it when they give titles to try to get guys over. I think it's better to get over first then get a belt. :cooldude:

Well considering the WWE haven't had the IC Title defended at a Wrestle Mania since WM18 I believe it shows you right there how they view the title.

As for the tag team titles? I bet if you asked a member of the writing team who they are they couldn't name them. That belt is a joke now and has been for awhile. And to think of all the great teams they have on the roster now like Shelton/Haas, MNM (before Mercury got fired), Hardyz, London/Kendrick, etc. Those four teams could put on an absolute show on any night of the week.

Well considering the WWE haven't had the IC Title defended at a Wrestle Mania since WM18 I believe it shows you right there how they view the title.

As for the tag team titles? I bet if you asked a member of the writing team who they are they couldn't name them. That belt is a joke now and has been for awhile. And to think of all the great teams they have on the roster now like Shelton/Haas, MNM (before Mercury got fired), Hardyz, London/Kendrick, etc. Those four teams could put on an absolute show on any night of the week.

I'm trying to think who the champs were at those times.

19-Don't remember
20-Orton was in a big match against Foley and Rock
21and 22-Benjamin was in MITB
this year was no excuse for even putting the title on Umaga

the IC title is easy to build up though, they've got a solid group of guys they can build the title around.

Also good for the WWE, they've got several guys in the d-leagues ready to get called up (one of which is British Bulldog's son)

Back
Top Bottom