The only thing dolphins really need to rebuild | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The only thing dolphins really need to rebuild

Kokomo

Practice Squad
Reaction score
is there O line , if edge is comin to miami then all they need is a really good Qb
Dolphins D is probably in the top 5. Even though if they start to slip in the later half of the season its because of the dam offense going 3 and out or turning the ball over. On Tv said who well score first (for the dolphins) there Defense or offense. Dolphins have pretty good recievers you just need someone to run the ball (Edge) and a better O line and a qb then will see winning. THe DEFENSE IS IN THERE PRIME LETs hope they dont waste the oppurtunity

I just hope theres a way to keep this defense together next year till we get help on offense!

Well, I agree that the O-Line is the biggest agenda for this upcoming offseason, but we will still have some other positions to address. I say QB and RB are a must, and you have to realize that the D next year will be different. Tim Bowens is probably gone so we need to either draft a DT or pick one up via Free Agency. Seau might retire, Sammy Knight, Morlon Greenwood and Antuan Edwards contracts are up. While I think we will re-sign Edwards and Greenwood, I don't think we will be able to re-sign Knight(hopefully I am wrong). I would say there is an 80% chance that Surtain will be traded, so I see our Defense being younger next year, but might not be as good.

Without an offensive line it doesnt matter who's playing rb and qb. with a good offensive line maybe jay or aj could get it done. I say this because if Boston comes back with konrad,chambers,boston,mcmicheal,booker thats alot of talent. They can help either qb look good and play better. example fiedler throws a ball away against the texans. OH WAIT OUT OF NOWHERE CHAMBERS MAKES A REDICULOUS CATCH. Fiedler gets a touchdown added to his stats. Just like Ricky said that a good RB makes a line look better than it is. The same is true for an offensive line and talented core of widerecievers plus a good tightend plus a fullback they will raise the play of their qb. We need more players on the line that are really good like Jeno James. We got screwed when we didnt land olin kreutz a couple of years back. That really hurt our line needed a dominant center like him and we still do.

First, James has done a single thing to make me impressed with him at all. He has gotten several holding calls and even has whiffed on blocks that I've seen.

We should go after Walter Jones next year, give him $22 million to sign and worry about RB later. Edge would not make as big a difference as Jones would. (Seattle has Alexander, Jones, Hasselbeck, Lucas FA at years end so they won't franchise Jones I don't think)

Then we need to draft a QB, RB, DT.

Sign Kitna or other vet to run the team for a year or two and let the line grow if we can.

Move McIntosh to RG, and plug Carey in at RT and see if we get an actual Center to start. That would improve the team a whole ton right there.

Surtain will be traded for a 1st or proven RB, Seau will go in favor of Moore. Edwards will be re-signed and Knight will be let go.

Re-sign Greenwood and hope we can find a few vets to fill in on the defense. It's not going to turn around next year either.

It's going to take a year or two to go from winless to playoffs. (I think we may go 2-14 if we're lucky)

Back
Top Bottom