The Pandarilla Chronicles : The Jarvis Landry Conundrum | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Pandarilla Chronicles : The Jarvis Landry Conundrum

Anybody thinks we're not going to miss that I bet they're wrong. He could be so valuable as a team moves on Progressive especially if he's used differently.

Landry is replaceable. Suh is replaceable.

What this team needs is LBs, OGs, TEs and consistent drafting to get us in a position where we no longer have holes on our starting rosters.

Has anyone considered how long it has been since we've had 22 solid starting players?

Forget one or two players who will be eating up most of our salary cap. This guys are not helping us win games. It is the holes on this team that are making us LOSE games.

I'd keep Jarvis because he should retire in Miami.

Some team is going to overpay, but that's still not going to stop him from making us look silly for letting him walk.

I'd restucture Suh's contract, give him that money and structure Landry's contract heavy on the back end. This is so we could let Parker walk and replace him with Grant.

Landry's TD's go up every year and he never gets hurt. Throw in elite hands and we're one Andre Branch/Kiko Alonso contract away from not being known as a farm team.

He'll end up in the Hall of Fame...

I'd keep Jarvis because he should retire in Miami.

Some team is going to overpay, but that's still not going to stop him from making us look silly for letting him walk.

I'd restucture Suh's contract, give him that money and structure Landry's contract heavy on the back end. This is so we could let Parker walk and replace him with Grant.

Landry's TD's go up every year and he never gets hurt. Throw in elite hands and we're one Andre Branch/Kiko Alonso contract away from not being known as a farm team.

He'll end up in the Hall of Fame...

In the HoF? That's a huge reach. You keep Landry not because of what's he's done so far, but because of what he can do. He's got big numbers as far as catches, but most haven't helped the team move the chains, aka win. Honestly, our offense with Landry as #1 has been pure garbage. It's not the right role for him. But put Landry in a capable offense and he'll be really dangerous. If he makes it to New England... that can't happen

In the HoF? That's a huge reach. You keep Landry not because of what's he's done so far, but because of what he can do. He's got big numbers as far as catches, but most haven't helped the team move the chains, aka win. Honestly, our offense with Landry as #1 has been pure garbage. It's not the right role for him. But put Landry in a capable offense and he'll be really dangerous. If he makes it to New England... that can't happen

It's weird, right? I mean, if he keeps his targets up, I could see him making the HOF. Then again, if they decline, I think he'll benefit from overall team success.

When nobody can run or get open, it's Jarvis who is the go to guy. He can shift momentum like no other.

I think he's gone and who could blame him. It just sucks is all...

Everybody has their own opinion on Landry's situation. I think we've killed the conversation since the off season, but it ultimately will be decided by the FO dream team. A Suh restructure would be very helpful, but one on one he is probably still the league's top beast. So why would he take the hit?

He is not just a slot receiver, he is a also a running back out of the backfield much like a Troy Stratford and or punt returner like OJ McDuffie. Yea I get the over payment issue but get lets get real this staff has had over 2 years to find the answers for his replacement at WR, along with players on the Oline and Linebacker why would you think a possible 2nd round draft pick or some free agent pickup on the oline is really going to happen and be worthwhile. Lets look at what we have done in that time, Timmons went Awol and got to old, McMillan got hurt and Kiko only tackled downfield, Assatti never got on the field and our prize fa agent guard signee never got on the field until the 2nd half of the season.
Carroo his replacement has been mia.

The Patriots aren’t paying ALL of their receivers (combined) $14 million a season, but some of you feel this would be wise for us to pay Landry alone this amount? I agree that there are some things we would miss. I love a Landry’s energy, even though he goes overboard a bit and gets the 15-yard-unsportsmanlike penalties, but we could get two top offensive lineman for this same price, and then find another slot receiver elsewhere who could get us 80+ catches without a problem. I guess we have another month to see what Tannenbaum and Gase decide to do. We have made a fair offer. Landry needs to take it or move on.

Anybody thinks we're not going to miss that I bet they're wrong. He could be so valuable as a team moves on Progressive especially if he's used differently.
How should we use him differently?

We have done this convo to death, and I can’t wait for next month mainly so this convo dies. The one thing we haven’t talked about is how leaving is going to hurt Jarvis. WR historically is one of the hardest positions to change teams. You have to learn a new playbook, and build chemistry with the coach and qb. Look at the step back in ypc and yards he took just switching qbs this season. It took 3 years to build the chemistry with Ryan to get a good ypc, and yard total as he did in 2016. Then you have the slot issue. What other coach/offense is going to give a slot guy 160 targets? He isn’t a TO/Randy Moss type who is going to step in any huddle and dominate due to be a freak athlete. He is shorter and slower than most WRs. This is going to put him back a year or two if he walks, and hurt his legacy and endorsements, if he walks.

Back
Top Bottom