The Pats make it look so easy..... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Pats make it look so easy.....

Wrong. Bill Bellichick would not have traded Cameron Wake by now. Cameron Wake is elite at what he does. You don't find guys that can have double digit sacks on a weekly basis. In fact, Cameron Wake in NE would draw at least 2-3 holding calls a game... On the Dolphins he gets held on nearly every play and the refs let opposing teams get away with it.

:bobdole:

The guy is renown for trading elite players.

Bill Bellichick would have traded Cameron Wake for some draft picks already.

The reason the Pats are so good is because they have a loaded roster full of good players that can replace players when they go down with injury or are playing poorly.

I wish the Fins would get a clue and do the same

Their roster isn't full of elite talent... BB as a GM hasn't been stellar. They're absolutely the best coached team in the NFL, though. Brilliant coaching and scheming, head and shoulders above everyone else.

Let's not forget the wonders of the home field as well....we played a downer game at Baltimore...we just didn't show up.

Baltimore went to New England.

Baltimore always plays New England tough. I am glad the Patriots won tonight, it helps us more that Baltimore lost. Realistically as much as I would want to win the division, the Pats are not going to lose out the next 3 games for us to catch them. I am hoping get locked into the 6th seed after week 16 and rest the starters vs the Pats in week 17. That could happen if Denver loses the next 2 games (They play NE then KC, very possible) Titans lose a game, and Baltimore loses 1 more game. And we gotta take care of business vs the Jets and Bills.

Holy crap wake can get double digit sacks on a weekly basis? Yea I don't think bellichek would cut someone capable of over 150 sacks a season

To be fair hes had many games of double digit sacks this year. I think he's lost out on atleast 5 sacks due to holding calls

If you think about it, what has any player or coach that has left NE done anywhere else?

Coaching, coaching, coaching. They are not an overly talented team, but they don't make mental errors.
The Ravens, on the other hand were sloppy (dropped balls, blown coverages). It almost seems as if other teams intentionally play bad against the Pats. The back breaking long TD to Hogan was inexcusable as he did nothing special, just ran a simple route and no one covered him.
I didn't see the Ravens drop many balls against the Phins or make huge mental mistakes.
Vey frustrating to watch.

It started with decent coaching, and it's become a culture of winning. Even when players leave, there are still vets to groom the new guys. If Bellichick changed teams right now, he'd be starting from square 1. Put him in Cleveland with a crappy GM, and Bellichick wouldn't make the playoffs and would probably get fired after a few years. NE had made 2 Superbowls before Bellichick got there, and stars aligned for him when NE lucked out with Tom Brady. The fact that they've been able to keep it going so long IS impressive in the modern era, but having Brady that entire time doesn't hurt.

Effing Tom Brady. The guy is 39 years old and he looks like he's in his prime. Just amazing.

Coaching, coaching, coaching. They are not an overly talented team, but they don't make mental errors.
Zactly. For some reason, Pats use ALL aspects of the game unlike ANY other team. Quick snap. Every other QB seems to be gentlemanly and wait for the D to get ready. Recognizing coverage. Brady sees man coverage and puts a RB out wide on a LB. Automatic uptempo when the D has a heavy package on the field. Little things other teams seem to ignore. Yes, they have talent, but NE seems alone in exploiting the little things.

Bill Bellichick would have traded Cameron Wake for some draft picks already.

The reason the Pats are so good is because they have a loaded roster full of good players that can replace players when they go down with injury or are playing poorly.

I wish the Fins would get a clue and do the same

No.

The Ravens, on the other hand were sloppy (dropped balls, blown coverages). It almost seems as if other teams intentionally play bad against the Pats. The back breaking long TD to Hogan was inexcusable as he did nothing special, just ran a simple route and no one covered him.
I didn't see the Ravens drop many balls against the Phins or make huge mental mistakes.
Vey frustrating to watch.

They sure made errors last night. Special teams turnovers on back to back plays got Baltimore back in it.

Just heads and tails above others in coaching and scheme. I watched about 3 quarters, I noticed a couple of things:

The safety- Late shift to play side and attack the run resulted in safety.
The blocked FG, must have noticed the cadence from Baltimore hasn't changed on the kick (many don't)
BB scheming james white on a linebacker out wide and gashing Balt on a slant and RAC.
Oh ya and a flea flicker which was well covered and still was a big play.
Then Bennet out of a funky formation for a big gain..
The quick snaps too, had the Balt D gassed..

Back
Top Bottom