The problems as I see them | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The problems as I see them

mfinsrule1

Rookie
Reaction score
Here are the problems as I see them.

1. Channing Crowder and Gibril Wilson are liabilities in passing downs. They are very good on running downs. This is the middle of our defense which explains opponent's running wild down the middle of the field.
Crowder was at fault yesterday on Rivers' TD run as he had middle contain and didn't even look at how the play was unfolding after he determined it would be a pass. Crowder freelances too much. Other teams see it and they attack him consistently.
Wilson is absolutely horrible out there. He is stealing money right now, and unfortunately we are not the only team to get fleeced by him as he did it to oakland last year.
2. Ted Ginn can not and never will be a playmaker. He has been given the time and tools to develop. Unfortunately he is the same tentative, look for the sidelines, refuse to fight for the ball, can't get open consistently hack as he was in his rookie year.
3. The Trifecta made a huge mistake in last years draft. I loved the draft when it unfolded and I know hindsight is 20/20 but Matt Ryan should have been #1. He has developed into one of the premiere young QB's in the game. Henne has had a year to develop behind a veteran but nothing I seen from him yesterday leads me to believe he will ever be capable of leading a team to a superbowl. Staring down receivers and statuesque in the pocket. Jake Long has clearly gone backward in his development and Ryan Clady is the better player hands down. Long made the pro bowl on name recognition more than anything last year. Can you imagine this team right now with Ryan and Clady?!
4. Coaching. As well as they coached last year they are doing equally bad this year. The wildcat is the only way they can consistently get yardage it seems from the last 2 games. Defensively, how in the hell can they continue to leave the middle open for WR's and TE's for 3 straight gasmes?! Scheme to correct it, change players, or something. Get beat some other way for gods' sake. Run defense has been very stout this year and I have no complaints with 6 of the front 7 guys. I kind of figured pass defense would be our achilles heel this year with starting a rookie CB, but Sean Smith and Vontae Davis have not embarassed themselves and only look to be getting better as they get more experience. Wilson has been the weak link. Yeremiah bell has been on my sh*t list this year but being as he has been a good player the last couple years I am willing to chalk it up to playcalling and Wilson.
5. Playcalling. Last 2 minutes of last weeks game cost us the game. And there were many strange calls this week as well. A running play on 3rd and 13?!

This season is gone guys. I hate to admit, but we do not have the playmakers on offense or defense to climb out of an 0-3 hole and make the playoffs. Now with Pennington going down, even for 3 weeks (optimistically) this season is going to have to go to developing Henne and White. The running game will have a tough road ahead because you know opponents will stack the line and dare our QB's to throw.

Thanks for reading my rant.

Season is far from gone, but yes I feel as gloomy about our fins chances this year as any of you. But this is the NFL and weirder things have happened.

1 thing I would like to add, I dont think our Playcalling has been consistent so far this season. This is just 1 of many issues as you stated above.
Chubbs

I was one of those who never wanted us to resign Crowder. He whiffed on so many players last year it was unbelievable. Now he continues to suck. But hey.. they paid him.

Wilson is absolute garbage. Clearly rested on laurels of the Giants winning a SB inspite of him. I could not possibly understand how we sign a guy who underwhelmed in OAKLAND of all places. But hey, they paid him.

Too bad we can't cut our losses and get rid of Wilson.

Back
Top Bottom