the quick hitch.... something positive | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

the quick hitch.... something positive

herk33

Rookie
Reaction score
I have noticed in the pre season games they are using a lot more quick hitches... hopefully this trend continues! just get the ball out to your wide receiver quick and let boston/chambers make a one on one move against the corner for some good yards... then when the corners start to play closer more press coverage style (to respect the quick hitches) that of course should setup the deep ball better...

just thought i would talk about something positive that i have seen that and of course wes welkers play which kinda of bugs me because i watched the game on kdka out pittsburgh and the dumb announcers kept calling him wes walker but that is another story!

clarification wes welkers play doesn't bother me (i was really impressed) it was the announcers that bother me ....

true you have to be smart about it and of course... you need to put some elbow grease behind the throw ... if you try to just lob it out there it is going the other way

I know the second half was all backups but they may have changed the game plan to better suit our pourous line. Until the line can block and running game can get established to help with deep throws and play action; those plays will work real well and may help the line.

herk33 said:
I have noticed in the pre season games they are using a lot more quick hitches... hopefully this trend continues! just get the ball out to your wide receiver quick and let boston/chambers make a one on one move against the corner for some good yards... then when the corners start to play closer more press coverage style (to respect the quick hitches) that of course should setup the deep ball better...

just thought i would talk about something positive that i have seen that and of course wes welkers play which kinda of bugs me because i watched the game on kdka out pittsburgh and the dumb announcers kept calling him wes walker but that is another story!

clarification wes welkers play doesn't bother me (i was really impressed) it was the announcers that bother me ....

For once, someone looking at something that actually means something. I think we have not seen much of anything in Linehans O yet, except little things like this, once Ronnie gets into action, you are going to see a hell of a lot more than what your seeing now. Frerrote is just going long to see if he can get his timing down. Welker is going to be our green latern. your going to see end arounds and misdirections and ronnie going once way while ricky goes another. Or both staying in to block so that frerotte has some time to actually do something. What your seeing now is just biding our time to get to this week and gameplan for denver.

I love it - Booker is known for being good for making DB's miss after getting the ball

And we all know Chambers and Boston's speed

Plus Ronnie's hands and running ability.

We may not need a consistent QB - just get hte ball in these guys hands fast and let them rip one off.

Back
Top Bottom