The rant of a sports fan | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The rant of a sports fan

SmokeyPhinz

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Boys and girls, I am 23 years old. I have been a sports fan since i was 5. I've liked Miami since 1991. Dan Marino was the reason I liked the Dolphins since 1991. My dad has been a Packers fan for 30+ years, so as I was young as liked them as well. I guess just to please him. I have liked my Spurs since 1990, mainly b/c of David Robinson, who is and will always be my favorite NBA player of all time. Last night's devastating game put me in a familiar place I've been in before. Think back to when Pete Stoyanovich missed that FG in San Diego that would have put us in the AFC Championship. If any of you watched last night, before the Spurs had their final shot, I thought to myself "ok, i have been in this position many-a-time. I usually prayed, or paced around the room, or begged, or swore. Whatever it took for the ball to sail through the uprights, or for the shot to fall in. I told myself I wouldn't pace or get up and jump around. Sure enough i did anyway. When Tim's shot fell in, not since football season have I yelled so loud in such an excited tone. I felt great, utter happiness. 0.4 seconds left, no way could L.A. win. Yet I had a feeling something crappy might happen, but this feeling never comes to me with my Spurs. My Spurs win. It's the Dolphins who I reserve this crappy uh-oh feeling to. Low and behold, Fisher makes an impossible shot, without hitting the rim might I add, and L.A. wins. Will the Spurs win in L.A. to force a game 7? They don't have a choice. TNT said you win or go home. The Spurs know that. True champions know that. Why do i doubt they will win? Maybe being a Dolphins fan has spoiled my positiveness into negativity. Anyway, when the shot went it for L.A., that feeling lingered in my mind the rest of the night. Coming back down from 16 on your home floor only to lose on a shot like that is enough to drive a sane man batty. Thankfully I realize its just a game, and i went to my girlfriend's right after for some comforting. :lol: I will forever be a Miami Dolphins and San Antonio Spurs fan. Thick and thin. Now only if Miami can win a title. My last dream would be complete.....

Looks like your girlfriend has a twin!

Besides that, please keep the SA Spurs last second heartbreak loss seperate from our Dolphins - We all know that such energy can only lead to bad things in September, Oct, Nov, Dec, and hopefully late January...

Besides Tim Duncan Donuts is too nice for his own good...Someone needs to feed him some gunpowder!

Besides that, please keep the SA Spurs last second heartbreak loss seperate from our Dolphins - We all know that such energy can only lead to bad things in September, Oct, Nov, Dec, and hopefully late January...

Yeah Mr. 2 posts, whatever you say. I can talk about whatever I want. It's your decision to respond. Thank you for the concern

I am a Laker fan so I liked the result, but as a sports fanw e can all relate to the awful feeling of snatching defeat from the jaws of Victory......It is the worst feeling!!! I guess the SD game, the Jets game on Monday Night, The Colts game last year...all the same feeling.

LIQUID24 said:
Devastating? I thought it was GREAT!!! :lolcry: :lolcry:

See now thats weak... thats one reason i dont like laker fans here in L.A.... they are so FAKE! Now that they are 3-2 now everybody is back on the bandwagon....

Maybe Memories said:
See now thats weak... thats one reason i dont like laker fans here in L.A.... they are so FAKE! Now that they are 3-2 now everybody is back on the bandwagon....
Yeah dude, I've been a fake Laker fan for 13 years :rolleyes:

no heat fans in here? I will stand alone and let the Heat talk for me, you guys know the Pacers can't handle the Heat they get frustrated and commit bonehead fouls and up next is the winner of the Nets-Pistons seris, nobody can handle the Heat

nick19991 said:
no heat fans in here? I will stand alone and let the Heat talk for me, you guys know the Pacers can't handle the Heat they get frustrated and commit bonehead fouls and up next is the winner of the Nets-Pistons seris, nobody can handle the Heat

It's not so much the Heat as it is the Humidity.

That's pretty cool how you threw Dolphin references into the origianl post to keep it in the main forum yet it's all about something other than the Dolphins...

SmokeyPhinz said:
Yeah Mr. 2 posts, whatever you say. I can talk about whatever I want. It's your decision to respond. Thank you for the concern

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom