The RB Rotation | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The RB Rotation

Billk78

Scout Team
Reaction score
Who decides which running back is in on each series? Is that an offensive coordinator decision or a Joe Philbin decision.

It seems like since Philbin has been here this is one area that absolutely drives me nuts. We will have a back doing great, have all the momentum, and we make a terrible substitution to stall the drive. It happened as far back as when Bush was here.

Now we have three rbs on the roster. Arguably Miller is the top as far as talent. Damien Williams second and Daniel Thomas third. A guy we cut, and signed only due to injury. So why in the world would he be getting more carries than anyone else?

This is an ongoing problem with this team. I don't get the need to rotate in three backs when you don't have talent. I was fine with it when it was Knowshon and Miller (but even then Knowshon was taken out in ket situations when he was in beast mode), but when you have a back like Thomas who shouldn't even be on the team, he shouldn't sniff the field unless there is an injury. But yet he's getting as many carries as Miller?

So if it's not Philbin who decides on which back is in on which series....why does every coordinator who comes here seem to have the same issue?

good question. DT has played well until that fumble but get a fresh Williams and miller in. miller can play

Now they just pulled Damien Williams when he was driving them down the field. As soon as he comes out...drive stalls.

Back
Top Bottom