The reason Branden Albert is not an option for linemen-needy Miami Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The reason Branden Albert is not an option for linemen-needy Miami Dolphins

Like the Lions own the rights to Calvin Johnson, even if Albert returned the Jaguars own his rights as well.

Like the Lions own the rights to Calvin Johnson, even if Albert returned the Jaguars own his rights as well.

They released him after he came back from retirement. 99% sure he is free to sign with any team at any time

Edit. The herald says

The Jaguars initially placed Albert on the reserve/retired list, meaning the Jaguars would have retained his rights if he elected to play again, but then was ultimately cut.

They released him after he came back from retirement. 99% sure he is free to sign with any team at any time

Edit. The herald says

Interesting b/c I've seen nowhere where his cut is listed as an official transaction. Only his designation on the reserve/retired list.

Interesting b/c I've seen nowhere where his cut is listed as an official transaction. Only his designation on the reserve/retired list.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...rs-release-branden-albert-retirement-reversal

This seems to say the same

Albert, who changed his mind about retiring earlier in the week, was released by the Jaguars on Friday from the reserved/retired list.

The move means the Jaguars no longer retain their rights to Albert. He will go through the waiver process and if no team claims him, he will become a free agent.

Not that it really matters either way

Gotcha, thanks. I was simply checking the Jags transactions.

Looking back, if he really was willing to play LG in Miami like Omar (lol) keeps insisting, then moving on may have been a mistake. Tho that would have been a lot of money for a guard, and we wouldnt have known Larsen would get hurt

Looking back, if he really was willing to play LG in Miami like Omar (lol) keeps insisting, then moving on may have been a mistake. Tho that would have been a lot of money for a guard, and we wouldnt have known Larsen would get hurt

Among just about everything related to football, Omar obviously doesn't understand the mobility demands of guards in a ZBS.

If he truly does not want to play anymore, did he ever come crawling back to the jags asking to play again, or was that a bogus report?

Back
Top Bottom