The reason running back Damien Williams hasn’t signed his restricted FA tender | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The reason running back Damien Williams hasn’t signed his restricted FA tender

AL R

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Money. What else? It is always about money.

The Miami Dolphins have started Phase II of their offseason conditioning program. That means coaches have joined players on the field and although there can be no one-on-one competition and no one is wearing helmets, there is individual instruction, and some drills, and team building going on.

Williams is not part of the voluntary program so far because he hasn’t signed his restricted free agent tender with the team. And why hasn’t he? Money.

Damien Williams wants more money. Simple as that. Per a league source familiar with Williams’s thinking, the running back was initially hoping to garner enough interest in restricted free agency that someone might offer him a contract the Dolphins would either have to match or let him go. Although he visited the New England Patriots, that team instead signed former Dolphins and Buffalo Bills running back Mike Gillislee to a two-year, $6.4 million deal.

That sums up the situation well. Williams is boxed in. He has very little leverage other than to sign with the Dolphins and get $1.8. If he doesn’t sign, he cannot play anywhere else in the NFL. If he doesn’t sign, he gets ...nothing.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...-salguero/article148328724.html#storylink=cpy

Bold part..... yup exactly.

LOL so obviously sign the stupid thing.

In swallowing your pride it's best to chew and swallow quickly then move on. Somebody needs to explain this to him asap.

Ya I'm sure he knows Kenyan is going to be a vital part of the offense and isn't happy.

He is a pretty good player for us. I like and trust him.

This year may hurt his worth. Getting older and less snaps.

Damien, just sign the tender and next year go get what "you think" you're worth. Lol

And i see he is also smart .... Smh what a dope

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

So me thinks he is a genius..... What a ding bat

swallow pride get the work in, and do as much as you can to improve your stock during the season to warrant a better offer next year. What's the problem?

He might still have reason to wait. If another team has an unexpected injury to a runningback, they might be willing to open up the purse strings a little wider. Even in that scenario I don't see him making significantly more than the Dolphins are offering. :idk:

Williams is a good player but nothing special. Hope he resigned but my advice would be take the offer or they'll find an equal or better replacement for the same money.

If he can't find a team interested in paying him more than 1.8 million, then that's on him and his agent.

He might still have reason to wait. If another team has an unexpected injury to a runningback, they might be willing to open up the purse strings a little wider. Even in that scenario I don't see him making significantly more than the Dolphins are offering. :idk:

Nope, the time has expired for other teams to make an offer.

This is the kind of situation where if you can throw in a little sweetener to get the guy in camp and ready to go, you do it.

Williams was actually a pretty good weapon in the red zone in 2016.

Back
Top Bottom