The reason running back Damien Williams hasn’t signed his restricted FA tender | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The reason running back Damien Williams hasn’t signed his restricted FA tender

The longer he waits, the worse it'll be for him. Kenyon Drake is HUNGRY, and prepping to snatch the #2 duties away from him.

I laughed at the part that says he has little leverage. He has no leverage at all. $1.8 for a 3rd RB......just take the money and get in there

Ozzy rules!!

Sounds like hes being a bit of a drama queen here... how much more does he think hes worth?

If he really was worth more than the tender then somebody would have offered him more. It's not like any team has to give up a pick to sign him. Nobody wants to pay him more than the $1.8 million. Pretty cut and dry to me.

Idk im on Damiens side on this one. He just saw gillislee get double what he's lookin at as far as a contract. I think he does have a legitimate reason why he's not signing but at this point it's either take the 1.8 Miami is offering or sit out.

I only like him on special teams (NOT AS A RETURN MAN), and in the passing game. Easily replaceable player. Drake should take pretty much all of his playing time away this year offensively. If not, then huge disappointment on Drake's behalf.

I wouldn't give him more than the $1.8 million and I personally have no interest in a long term deal. Maybe the Dolphins do, however, as he fits their mold as an individual.

If he does he does...if not...oh well.

I think Damian and his Agent are trying to take advantage of the new dolphin way. They saw the FO take care of their own in Andre Branch and Stills, Guys that were very productive for us.. and he's looking at himself like... HEY what about ME! What he needs to realize is that the new Dolphin way includes placing a certain value on a position and player and offer that. A 2nd and maybe 3rd RB (If Drake improves) is not worth much more the 1.8 tender that he received.

The only leverage Williams has is that the team wants him in in the program. If he's very reasonable with his demands, he might get some of them, just because if the cost to the team is low enough, they might decide to play nice.

I think Damian and his Agent are trying to take advantage of the new dolphin way. They saw the FO take care of their own in Andre Branch and Stills, Guys that were very productive for us.. and he's looking at himself like... HEY what about ME! What he needs to realize is that the new Dolphin way includes placing a certain value on a position and player and offer that. A 2nd and maybe 3rd RB (If Drake improves) is not worth much more the 1.8 tender that he received.

The new Dolphin way also says do the right thing and not withhold your services, Exhibit A - R. Jones. I get the feeling this is the FO's approach on players wanting to hold out etc...

Have fun sitting out. Obviously no one in the league thinks he is worth more then that. Hell, the Pats even gave up a pick and money to sign someone else.

He has less than 1000 yards from scrimmage in 3 years, and is holding out for more than 1.8 million. That's more than Jay or Kenyon. That is more than Charles just signed for with the Broncos. I like Damien, and would be scared if Jay got injured and he is still holding out, but this is a horrible move on his part. He is fighting for playing time with Drake, and Drake is at camp.

SMH. You have to know when you have leverage in situations like this.
Q1prBL.gif

Back
Top Bottom